Where Should I Go in the US?

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

[quote]pushmepullme wrote:

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

Well, CO has the best beer, climbing, and skiing, but it’s a little early for good skiing and a little chilly for climbing… So I guess that leaves beer.[/quote]
Banquet = suck.

St. Arnolds FTW.[/quote]

Um, I suppose you aren’t aware of our microbreweries?

Oskar Blues
New Belgium
Wynkoop
Left Hand
Mountain Sun
Sandlot
Ironworks
Palisade
Boulder Beer
Tommyknocker
Purgatory
Pagosa
Breckenridge
Avery
Twisted Pine
Ska
O’Dell

Off the top of my head. Colorado is the BEST state in the country if you want to be drunk on stuff other than the fizzy yellow piss that comes out of Golden. It’s silly to compare a texas craft brewer to a multi-national conglomerate brewer. Apples to apples, my friend.
[/quote]
I’m aware of all of those.

New Belgium is almost as good as St. Arnolds and Shiner.

[/quote]

Try Oskar Blues. New Belgium is the Coors of micros. :wink:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]Captnoblivious wrote:

[quote]Ler012 wrote:
Recently thinking of taking a two or so week trip to see some parts of the USA I have always wanted to. I happen to be coming into a short period in life where this may be my best chance to do this. Ive always been interested in Yellowstone, Grand Canyon, California, ive heard good things about Colorado, Texas, would like to go Kayaking, rock climbing, and whatever else this country had to offer.

Any suggestions? Specific destinations/activities?[/quote]

Texas is pretty lacking compared to the rest of those areas. I would recomend hueco tanks SP and the big bend area if youre going to Texas.
[/quote]

Wait so Texas is lacking. Lets look at that you can actually perform all the activities listed in one state OR you can go to multiple states to accomplish your list of activities?

[/quote]

Most every outside activity in Texas is subpar.

Climbing is poor(except for hueco) and very spread out.

Hunting is a business and overated.

skiing and ice climbing…lol

Fishing(bay and deep sea) is probably the only bright spot.

The mountain biking is a joke. Even tho palo duro is good.

The economy and people in texas are pretty awesome. That’s about it.

New York City. Seriously, fuck everything else, go to New York City. There is nothing like that city in the entire world.

[quote]Ler012 wrote:
wow thanks for all the input. And yea Yellowstone is def. an interest but in reality im probably going to have to wait to go north to montana, wyoming, etc.

Ive heard great things about Austin, TX and was thinking this as a possible trip…

(I live in FL) FL to austin, austin to grand canyon, grand canyon to vegas, vegas to venice CA, and from venice back to fl, possible stopping through tempe (ive heard good things).

Any thoughts on this trip? Any other places along this route?

edit and I do realize it is getting colder but like I said in the original post this may be my best chance to do this, meaning in the next 2-3 weeks*[/quote]

What are you hoping to see in Austin?

I like TX, but honestly it’s not really a vacation capitol. Of course, unless you are going to try to eat 72 oz steaks…Then you gotta go. But hey, it’s your trip go where ever you want. It really depends on what you want out of it. City vs. country, nature or party, beach or mountains.

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
New York City. Seriously, fuck everything else, go to New York City. There is nothing like that city in the entire world.[/quote]

If I were doing a city vaca, that’s what I’d do… I’d have to go to a Yankees game even though I hate the Yankees.

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]Ler012 wrote:
Recently thinking of taking a two or so week trip to see some parts of the USA I have always wanted to. I happen to be coming into a short period in life where this may be my best chance to do this. Ive always been interested in Yellowstone, Grand Canyon, California, ive heard good things about Colorado, Texas, would like to go Kayaking, rock climbing, and whatever else this country had to offer.

Texas is pretty lacking compared to the rest of those areas. I would recomend hueco tanks SP and the big bend area if youre going to Texas.
[/quote]

Wait so Texas is lacking. Lets look at that you can actually perform all the activities listed in one state OR you can go to multiple states to accomplish your list of activities?

[/quote]

[/quote]
You are very oblivious. Obviously.

Climbing is excellent.

We literally have some of the best hunting, ever.

Who the fuck likes cold?

Gulf of Mexico fishing is the best in the world, you are correct.

Austin area has fantastic MB trails

And thanks, I do kick ass.

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[quote]pat wrote:

Also, there is some kick ass sushi in Vegas. I’d go there just to eat sushi.[/quote]

Todai?[/quote]

Not sure the names, my brother lives there. When I go, he takes me to where ever he thinks…It’s always good.

Only on TNation can a forum on where to visit the US turn into a discussion on beer superiority…not complaining I actually love it lol.

Im open to pretty much anything; i love the outdoors; hunting, fishing, camping, but for the sake of this trip I dont think ill plan on hunting, but I will be camping some. im just wanting to experience some different places (if that makes any sense).

I would also love to go through monument valley in utah/arizona. Although im not sure if there are different areas/parks or just one large area?

Oh and the reasons I want to go to venice…Muscle Beach and of course check out the boardwalk.

Vegas or stay home.

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]Ler012 wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
You are very oblivious. Obviously.

Climbing is excellent.

We literally have some of the best hunting, ever.

Who the fuck likes cold?

Gulf of Mexico fishing is the best in the world, you are correct.

Austin area has fantastic MB trails

And thanks, I do kick ass.[/quote]

lol. Hueco tanks is excellent. Enchanted rocked is okay, but super short. If you live in Houston there isn’t much climbing nearby. So your probably talking out your ass. I’ve been to about every world class climbing destination in the lower 48.

Best hunting ever? No. Paying 15k to shoot a 170" whitetail ain’t hunting. Its farming.

The Continental shelf being so close makes the coast a primo destination not mention the reds and sea trout fishery in the bays.

Who likes the cold? Me

Fantastic? You don’t have any fucking mountains. What trails are so good?

The people I like live on farms and ranches. They’re good people who do things their own way.

you bang ugly Asians and spend too much time posting on T-Nation

Well, CO has the best beer, climbing, and skiing, but it’s a little early for good skiing and a little chilly for climbing… So I guess that leaves beer.[/quote]

I’ll give you that Colorado has some good skiing, but beer? Ha!

Oregon had great climbing, and the BEST beer.

[quote]Christine wrote:

Oregon had great climbing, and the BEST beer.[/quote]

They make beer in Oregon? Really?

Does anybody besides people in Oregon know this?

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]Christine wrote:

Does anybody besides people in Oregon know this?[/quote]

Not sure if sarcastic.

[quote]Christine wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]Christine wrote:

Not sure if sarcastic.
[/quote]

[quote]pushharder wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]Christine wrote:

They do make great beer in Oregon (not as great as Montana’s Kettlehouse though) but they also make so many dirty hippies - old fashioned hippies and new wave hippies - that their fabulous brewing skills are overshadowed by a plethora of granolas stumblin’ 'round just looking ridiculously stupid.[/quote]

I have no comment really since I have not tried and I love Beer and microbrew.

Picture of the Best Texas Beer.

Two pics, will they load!?

And I had no idea hippies could climb anything.

Of course not.

And Nice Derek!!! Unfortunately Shiner is a Mexican owned company now. Still good though.

Since the invention of beer, there have only been five beers that were rated the most passionate, the most pure. This one leaves them all behind.