Where Should I Go in the US?

another vote for Austin, TX. I visited there for a whole weekend and it was awesome… I saw some bat cave shit, a huge motorcycle rally, good food, good music, great atmosphere downtown, and hot ladies. Also good weather, it’s really not too bad since it’s kind of dry.

[quote]pushharder wrote:

[quote]biglifter wrote:

Whitefish, Montana.[/quote]

Greatest small town Halloween night party town on earth.

Seriously.[/quote]

• Noted.

OP, based on what appear to be your interests, Denver could be a really cool place to check out. Lots of activities to do in the city as well as all sorts of shit to do in nature - it’s a pretty good mix overall.

[quote]Ler012 wrote:
Recently thinking of taking a two or so week trip to see some parts of the USA I have always wanted to. I happen to be coming into a short period in life where this may be my best chance to do this. Ive always been interested in Yellowstone, Grand Canyon, California, ive heard good things about Colorado, Texas, would like to go Kayaking, rock climbing, and whatever else this country had to offer.

Any suggestions? Specific destinations/activities?[/quote]

Well its october now and getting cold in some of those places.

Moab Utah has tons of climbing, mountain biking, offroading etc. The nights are cold but the days are nice. Lots of nice hiking etc.

Yellowstone is cool, but not a great destination in my mind.

Boulder is a fun town with lots of activities in boulder canyon and the surrounding area.

Wyoming and western Montana are good for sure. Do you know how to climb?

Texas is pretty lacking compared to the rest of those areas. I would recomend hueco tanks SP and the big bend area if youre going to Texas.

[quote]pushharder wrote:

[quote]biglifter wrote:

Seriously.[/quote]

Alright, stop fucking up my thread hijack by actually knowing where these places are. OP, go to

Smithfield, Rhode Island

[quote]biglifter wrote:

[quote]pushharder wrote:

[quote]biglifter wrote:

Seriously.[/quote]

Alright, stop fucking up my thread hijack by actually knowing where these places are. OP, go to

Smithfield, Rhode Island[/quote]
Fantastic lobstering I’ve heard.

Vegas.

The Grand Canyon is closeby too.

[quote]Ler012 wrote:
Recently thinking of taking a two or so week trip to see some parts of the USA I have always wanted to. I happen to be coming into a short period in life where this may be my best chance to do this. Ive always been interested in Yellowstone, Grand Canyon, California, ive heard good things about Colorado, Texas, would like to go Kayaking, rock climbing, and whatever else this country had to offer.

Sounds like your in to camping and nature, Yellowstone is great. Glacier National Park is stunning. Grand Tetons too. They are all in the same corner, Wyoming/ Montana. Then you can head south and hit some desert action in Nevada and cap it off with a lost weekend in Las Vegas.

You could also consider going to Washington State and British Columbia (Canada). Both have amazing National Parks.

[quote]Ler012 wrote:

Then of course if you like trees and shit you can stay on the east coast and do the Appalachians. They are very beautiful as well. Lost of climbing faces. Georgia, North Carolina/ Tennessee are all nice areas. But any where from Georgia to Maine is cool…You could always do a piece of the Appalachian trail. Tons of rivers to Kayak in.

[quote]therajraj wrote:
Vegas.

The Grand Canyon is closeby too.[/quote]

And Vegas is really cool. There is something for everybody there. You can rent 4 wheelers by day, gamble in the evening and fuck a hooker at night…

Also, there is some kick ass sushi in Vegas. I’d go there just to eat sushi.

[quote]pat wrote:

Also, there is some kick ass sushi in Vegas. I’d go there just to eat sushi.[/quote]

Todai?

wow thanks for all the input. And yea Yellowstone is def. an interest but in reality im probably going to have to wait to go north to montana, wyoming, etc.

Ive heard great things about Austin, TX and was thinking this as a possible trip…

(I live in FL) FL to austin, austin to grand canyon, grand canyon to vegas, vegas to venice CA, and from venice back to fl, possible stopping through tempe (ive heard good things).

Any thoughts on this trip? Any other places along this route?

edit and I do realize it is getting colder but like I said in the original post this may be my best chance to do this, meaning in the next 2-3 weeks*

[quote]Captnoblivious wrote:

[quote]Ler012 wrote:

Texas is pretty lacking compared to the rest of those areas. I would recomend hueco tanks SP and the big bend area if youre going to Texas.
[/quote]

Wait so Texas is lacking. Lets look at that you can actually perform all the activities listed in one state OR you can go to multiple states to accomplish your list of activities?

Well, CO has the best beer, climbing, and skiing, but it’s a little early for good skiing and a little chilly for climbing… So I guess that leaves beer.

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]Captnoblivious wrote:

[quote]Ler012 wrote:

No shit.

How fucking oblivious is that dude?

[/quote]

Wait so Texas is lacking. Lets look at that you can actually perform all the activities listed in one state OR you can go to multiple states to accomplish your list of activities?

[/quote]

[quote]pushmepullme wrote:
Well, CO has the best beer, climbing, and skiing, but it’s a little early for good skiing and a little chilly for climbing… So I guess that leaves beer.[/quote]
Banquet = suck.

St. Arnolds FTW.

Well, CO has the best beer, climbing, and skiing, but it’s a little early for good skiing and a little chilly for climbing… So I guess that leaves beer.[/quote]

Shiner Bock > any Colorado Beer.

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

Banquet = suck.

St. Arnolds FTW.[/quote]

Um, I suppose you aren’t aware of our microbreweries?

Oskar Blues
New Belgium
Wynkoop
Left Hand
Mountain Sun
Sandlot
Ironworks
Palisade
Boulder Beer
Tommyknocker
Purgatory
Pagosa
Breckenridge
Avery
Twisted Pine
Ska
O’Dell

Off the top of my head. Colorado is the BEST state in the country if you want to be drunk on stuff other than the fizzy yellow piss that comes out of Golden. It’s silly to compare a texas craft brewer to a multi-national conglomerate brewer. Apples to apples, my friend.

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

Shiner Bock > any Colorado Beer.[/quote]

Shiner is decent when you can’t get a local craft beer. It’s better than fizzy yellow water, but I’d shop locally every time, given the option.

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:

Banquet = suck.

St. Arnolds FTW.[/quote]

Um, I suppose you aren’t aware of our microbreweries?

Oskar Blues
New Belgium
Wynkoop
Left Hand
Mountain Sun
Sandlot
Ironworks
Palisade
Boulder Beer
Tommyknocker
Purgatory
Pagosa
Breckenridge
Avery
Twisted Pine
Ska
O’Dell

Off the top of my head. Colorado is the BEST state in the country if you want to be drunk on stuff other than the fizzy yellow piss that comes out of Golden. It’s silly to compare a texas craft brewer to a multi-national conglomerate brewer. Apples to apples, my friend.
[/quote]
I’m aware of all of those.

New Belgium is almost as good as St. Arnolds and Shiner.