54 shoulders
30 waist

sweet

[quote]Wayland wrote:
54 shoulders
44 chest
36 waist

i have a very thick mid section as far as i can tell [/quote]

There’s only 1 other person with a waist bigger than mine & yours Wayland, either everyone else is far too skinny, or… ummm…err… noooo!!! I can’t be FAT can I?

[quote]Blaze_108 wrote:
I just wanted to make a thread to discuss V tapers and how much of a difference between waist and chest measurements makes for a good taper.

My stats:

Waist: 32"
Chest: 39"
shoulders: 47"
so a 7" taper.

Clothes are as tight on my waist as my chest/shoulders, i have no problem finding clothes that fit, as opposed to some people.

What’s anyone else’s stats for tapers, and does anyone know what’s supposedly the best aesthetically pleasing taper? [/quote]

Waist: 31
Chest: 41

[quote]Duke wrote:
Wayland wrote:
54 shoulders
44 chest
36 waist

i have a very thick mid section as far as i can tell

There’s only 1 other person with a waist bigger than mine & yours Wayland, either everyone else is far too skinny, or… ummm…err… noooo!!! I can’t be FAT can I?[/quote]

HEY!

…Honestly everyone else is far too skinny. I still have my abs and consider myself a pretty thin-framed guy.

Edit: Wait there’s that thosebananas guy. He’s a fatty.

[quote]NateOrade wrote:
Duke wrote:

HEY!

…Honestly everyone else is far too skinny. I still have my abs and consider myself a pretty thin-framed guy.

Edit: Wait there’s that thosebananas guy. He’s a fatty.[/quote]

heh heh, I didn’t want to name and shame :slight_smile:

Honestly though, when I saw it was you that was, shall we say, moderately larger, than me, I was pleased actually.
I think a waist of 30" is purely for little fella’s or beanpoles.

[quote]NateOrade wrote:
Duke wrote:
Wayland wrote:

HEY!

Edit: Wait there’s that thosebananas guy. He’s a fatty.[/quote]

** double post - previous post got eaten by the universe? **

Pretty much, I just measured myself and I got a 0.59. Might redo it with someone else marking though, just to be completely certain.

[quote]Dabba wrote:
BADASS MENTALITY wrote:
Brian Buschman sp? He’s got a sic difference. The great Steve Reeves in my all time fav. I believe it was a 21 inch difference.

I’m shooting for a 16 diff.

Brian Buchanan
[/quote]

Wow. That almost look photoshopped.

…so does this… insane

Waist 34
Chest 46
Shoulder 54

Is measuring the whole way around your back/shoulders the best way to define the taper size? That accounts for back thickness which doesn’t necessarily mean a big taper?

[quote]evo2008 wrote:
Is measuring the whole way around your back/shoulders the best way to define the taper size? That accounts for back thickness which doesn’t necessarily mean a big taper?[/quote]

how do you measure around chest or shoulders without involving the back? lol

I mean I guess you can measure across the shoulders and across the hips, but unfortunately my chest sticks out to prevent a straight line there too.

Being that we are 3-dimensional, the v taper can go from sides of shoulders to sides of hips, and also front of chest/back of traps to front of hips/and your backside.

Almost like if you cut your body in half at the waist and jammed a v that rotates 360 degrees into your legs. Get what I’m saying?

That’s how I look at it anyways. My goal is massive shoulders/back/chest down to a small waist and flat stomach, to tree trunks for legs. Wolf is close to what i’m trying to build, but I’m trying to build something a lil different than what he has. Even more aesthetic.

I think to answer your question tho…your back is not involved with your waist, so no matter how thick your back got, you still have a taper. Generally a thicker back = wider shoulders. Even the (small clavicle) guys like phil heath have insane v-tapers.

Imo and hopefully I was some sort of help instead of just typing a half page of nonsense :stuck_out_tongue: lol

DG

This is the widest I think.

[quote]Duke wrote:
Wayland wrote:
54 shoulders
44 chest
36 waist

i have a very thick mid section as far as i can tell

There’s only 1 other person with a waist bigger than mine & yours Wayland, either everyone else is far too skinny, or… ummm…err… noooo!!! I can’t be FAT can I?[/quote]

oh god, im a lardo and i did’nt even notice!!!

Everytime I go clothing shopping, I realize what a fat bastard I truly am… I just can’t fit into anything well anymore! Sadly, it was a hell of a lot easier before hiting the iron,… of course I looked like crap then. Now, it’s just getting too difficult. The ‘being thick, but short’ thing just kills you (and I know a lot of you guys have it worse than I do)

S

The part i think sucks about clothes shopping for me is the fact that my shoulders genetically are freakin wide, combined with weights I usually have to buy a xl at least or mostly 2x or so to fit comfortable in the shoulders, but then you can see my upper body fitting and the rest of me is swimming. lol

then all of these new brands like affliction and stuff build their clothes retarded for the guy with a big chest and small arms to make you look more aggressive. I feel like I’m wearing my little brothers shirts, or a shirt from abercrombie…don’t get me started. lol (some fit well and I have a shirt from them so not completely mad. lol)

I wanted to get some of the “Gasp” bodybuilding stuff because they make street clothes too, and look cool, but they are INSANELY priced. I’m a broke ass bodybuilding college student, I can’t afford a 75 dollar cotton tee shirt. I’d rather spend that on food for a day :open_mouth: lol jk

oh well…

/rant lol

DG