T Nation

What's Everyone's V-Taper?

I just wanted to make a thread to discuss V tapers and how much of a difference between waist and chest measurements makes for a good taper.

My stats:

Waist: 32"
Chest: 39"
shoulders: 47"
so a 7" taper.

Clothes are as tight on my waist as my chest/shoulders, i have no problem finding clothes that fit, as opposed to some people.

What’s anyone else’s stats for tapers, and does anyone know what’s supposedly the best aesthetically pleasing taper?

waist: 29"
chest: 44"
shoulders: 52"

wow. a 15 inch taper. That’s pretty drastic.

Waist: 38
Chest: 47
Shoulders: Not sure where to put the tape but I could say 53-54

Waist: 34
Chest: 45
Shoulders: 52

My waist is 12" wide and my shoulders are 18.5" wide. So that’s a .65 ratio.

pretty good tapers in here lol. I have the smallest difference between waist and chest…oh man. anyone know anything about the aesthetically pleasing amount of taper?

Waist 32
Chest 46
Delts 54

BW 204 lbs
Age 45

Waist 33
Chest 44
Shoulders 51

[quote]Blaze_108 wrote:
pretty good tapers in here lol. I have the smallest difference between waist and chest…oh man. anyone know anything about the aesthetically pleasing amount of taper?[/quote]

I don’t know whats considered the ‘right’ taper to be aesthetically pleasing, but I’m trying (and have been) to get the biggest taper I can.

Chest is 46ish (haven’t measured since 6-8lbs ago :stuck_out_tongue:
Waist is 30-32
Not sure about shoulders. Here is a rear lat spread vtaper from my last show a few weeks ago.

I’d say that a good taper is as wide as possible on top, tapering down to a 30 inch waist :stuck_out_tongue: lol

DG

W - 33
C - 45
S -51

My shoulders are my weakest link.

185lbs
35 yrs old.

Yeah, I’ll admit not much is more impressive to me than seeing a person with a huge taper.

nice spread gerdy.

best V i’ve ever seen is on dexter jackson.

im
51 inch chest.
40 inch waist
no idea about shoulders… how do you measure it.

ill guess 62inch buts that just me adding my arms to my chest…

[quote]elusive wrote:
Blaze_108 wrote:
pretty good tapers in here lol. I have the smallest difference between waist and chest…oh man. anyone know anything about the aesthetically pleasing amount of taper?

I don’t know whats considered the ‘right’ taper to be aesthetically pleasing, but I’m trying (and have been) to get the biggest taper I can.[/quote]

I know this holds for a woman’s hip to waist ratio so I think it holds for men’s chest to waist.

[quote]Blaze_108 wrote:
Yeah, I’ll admit not much is more impressive to me than seeing a person with a huge taper.

nice spread gerdy.

best V i’ve ever seen is on dexter jackson.[/quote]

DJAX is pretty good, what about Wolf?

[quote]Ouiser wrote:

I know this holds for a woman’s hip to waist ratio so I think it holds for men’s chest to waist. [/quote]

Hmmm. according to that I’d need a 51 inch chest w/ a 32 waist…either that’s not right/insane expectations or it means shoulders.

[quote]Dirty Gerdy wrote:
Blaze_108 wrote:

nice spread gerdy.

DJAX is pretty good, what about Wolf?[/quote]

good pic, but i think this pic is better for djax…almost 1:3 waist /latflare

[quote]Blaze_108 wrote:
Dirty Gerdy wrote:
Blaze_108 wrote:

nice spread gerdy.

DJAX is pretty good, what about Wolf?

good pic, but i think this pic is better for djax…almost 1:3 waist /latflare

http://www.T-Nation.com/forum_images/e/9/e9c28-dex.jpg[/quote]

oh yeah…that was a sick photoshoot!

Gerdy

Brian Buschman sp? He’s got a sic difference. The great Steve Reeves in my all time fav. I believe it was a 21 inch difference.

I’m shooting for a 16 diff.

lol. got any pictures BM? I’m going for the largest difference i can get. I would be pleased if i got to a 32 waist 48 chest sometime in the next 4 years. one step at a time.