What's Everyone's V-Taper?

While I have no idea what my chest or shoulder measurements are,… how do the taped numbers measure up (lol I made a joke!) against say… what size suit jacket you wear? I’ve always been told my discrepency is pretty drastic. Apparently there’s a 9" ‘drop off’ from jacket size to pants size for ‘normal’ people.

S

[quote]BADASS MENTALITY wrote:
Brian Buschman sp? He’s got a sic difference. The great Steve Reeves in my all time fav. I believe it was a 21 inch difference.

I’m shooting for a 16 diff.[/quote]

Brian Buchanan

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
While I have no idea what my chest or shoulder measurements are,… how do the taped numbers measure up (lol I made a joke!) against say… what size suit jacket you wear? I’ve always been told my discrepency is pretty drastic. Apparently there’s a 9" ‘drop off’ from jacket size to pants size for ‘normal’ people.

S
[/quote]

Chest size should equal suit size, I believe. The jacket is usually cut 2-4" bigger than the numbered size, depending on the style/cut. The normal drop in a suit is 6", mainly because people are fat.

waist 31
chest 41
BW 225

[quote]Freaky Styley wrote:

Chest size should equal suit size, I believe. The jacket is usually cut 2-4" bigger than the numbered size, depending on the style/cut. The normal drop in a suit is 6", mainly because people are fat.
[/quote]

Well, if that’s accurate…
CHest: 48
Waist: 32/33

S

[quote]Blaze_108 wrote:
pretty good tapers in here lol. I have the smallest difference between waist and chest…oh man. anyone know anything about the aesthetically pleasing amount of taper?[/quote]

Apparently women like a .75 waist to shoulder ratio and lower.

[quote]LiftSmart wrote:
Blaze_108 wrote:
pretty good tapers in here lol. I have the smallest difference between waist and chest…oh man. anyone know anything about the aesthetically pleasing amount of taper?

Apparently women like a .75 waist to shoulder ratio and lower.[/quote]

Do you mean hip to waist ratio?

[quote]cheeta wrote:
Im a girl but I still want to play…
since I love the sport of bodybuilding even though I am a powerlifter.

Shoulders: 47.5 inches
Chest: 39 inches
waist 29.5 inches

p.s
Loving the V-taper the Big Bad Wolf has going on![/quote]

You and the OP are like twins. heh heh

[quote]LiftSmart wrote:
Apparently women like a .75 waist to shoulder ratio and lower.[/quote]

waist to SHOULDER?

that’s a 32 waist with a 43 shoulder…I’m bigger than that and i’m by no means large.

[quote]NateOrade wrote:

You and the OP are like twins. heh heh[/quote]

:confused: …lol. Bit of an anatomy difference.

[quote]Blaze_108 wrote:
LiftSmart wrote:

waist to SHOULDER?

that’s a 32 waist with a 43 shoulder…I’m bigger than that and i’m by no means large.[/quote]

It’s based on width not circumference. Stand against a door and mark with a pencil at the edges of your shoulders and your waist then measure between the dots.

Just redid mine that way and it’s gone up from 18.5" shoulders to 21.7" since I started lifting. Sweet.

If you’re a guy and your not fat it should be pretty close to .75 I’d imagine.

[quote]Freaky Styley wrote:

[/quote]

That’s true, and it makes it hell for bodybuilders to buy suits, Because the jackets are designed for people with waists only 6 inches less than their chest size.

I wear a 54 coat, which means I should wear a 48 pant, but I wear 36, so any suit that fit me in the chest and shoulders was huge in the stomach. I had to have the whole thing taken apart and remade for my wedding.

[quote]LiftSmart wrote:
Blaze_108 wrote:
LiftSmart wrote:

waist to SHOULDER?

that’s a 32 waist with a 43 shoulder…I’m bigger than that and i’m by no means large.

It’s based on width not circumference. Stand against a door and mark with a pencil at the edges of your shoulders and your waist then measure between the dots.

Just redid mine that way and it’s gone up from 18.5" shoulders to 21.7" since I started lifting. Sweet.

If you’re a guy and your not fat it should be pretty close to .75 I’d imagine.[/quote]

11.5 to 18
.64:1

larger than best aesthetic. hmm. oh well. lol.

[quote]cheeta wrote:

waist 29.5 inches

p.s

Wow, you’ve got more than 6 inches on my shoulders :o That really puts my scrawniness into perspective.

Shoulders: 41 inches
Chest: 37 inches
Waist: 25 inches

Waist: 36
Chest: 45
Shoulders: 52
45 yrs old & fighting against age and gravity every day.

[quote]cheeta wrote:

waist 29.5 inches

p.s

I need to find a girl like you :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: lol

DG

[quote]debraD wrote:
cheeta wrote:

waist 29.5 inches

p.s
Loving the V-taper the Big Bad Wolf has going on!

Wow, you’ve got more than 6 inches on my shoulders :o That really puts my scrawniness into perspective.

Shoulders: 41 inches
Chest: 37 inches
Waist: 25 inches

[/quote]

Wow, that is a good set of shoulders :slight_smile:

This is me:

Shoulders: 43
Chest: 41.5
Waist: 31

[quote]Blaze_108 wrote:
LiftSmart wrote:
Blaze_108 wrote:
LiftSmart wrote:

waist to SHOULDER?

If you’re a guy and your not fat it should be pretty close to .75 I’d imagine.

11.5 to 18
.64:1

larger than best aesthetic. hmm. oh well. lol.[/quote]

Lower the better dude.

[quote]LiftSmart wrote:
Lower the better dude.

[/quote]

I know, I just meant i was larger than the aesthetic amount. I’d obviously rather be larger anyway. screw standards. haha.

54 shoulders
44 chest
36 waist

i have a very thick mid section as far as i can tell