What Supps Do BBers Really Take?

[quote]AngryVader wrote:
Makavali wrote:
horsepuss wrote:
And those guys dont look like BBrs,your an idiot.

I wanna look like my avatar. I’d say the photo’s he posted look like BBer’s to a degree.

The first one was Lee Labrada and the second picture is Rich Gaspari, who were both pretty well known and successful bodybuilders in the 80’s and early 90’s. Not to mention they also have their own supplement companies.[/quote]

… and look like human beings.

[quote]orion wrote:

Nobody said I could achieve such a body.

However, you don´t understand.

I do not want too.

That is the problem.
[/quote]

You’re right, I don’t understand.

How is you not wanting to look like top professional bodybuilders a “problem”? This is ignoring the fact that you just agreed that Melvin Anthony, a top pro bodybuilder, “looks good”, and looks similar to Dexter Jackson and several other top pros.

You won’t ever look like them, no matter what. Nor do I think you’ll likely ever look like the professional bodybuilders who you yourself posted, but if you do, I offer my sincere congratulations, all the while still considering you a bit of a hypocrite.

Saying you dislike how professional bodybuilders look, then saying you like how some professional bodybuilders look, then posting pictures of some different professional bodybuilders to attempt to illustrate what professional bodybuilders ‘should’ look like, is a little silly.

The point is, you have little chance of looking like the professional bodybuilders of today, the 90’s, the 80’s, or the 70’s, so why is how SOME of them currently look a problem to you?

[quote]Bauer97 wrote:
orion wrote:

Nobody said I could achieve such a body.

However, you don´t understand.

I do not want too.

That is the problem.

You’re right, I don’t understand.

How is you not wanting to look like top professional bodybuilders a “problem”? This is ignoring the fact that you just agreed that Melvin Anthony, a top pro bodybuilder, “looks good”, and looks similar to Dexter Jackson and several other top pros.

You won’t ever look like them, no matter what. Nor do I think you’ll likely ever look like the professional bodybuilders who you yourself posted, but if you do, I offer my sincere congratulations, all the while still considering you a bit of a hypocrite.

Saying you dislike how professional bodybuilders look, then saying you like how some professional bodybuilders look, then posting pictures of some different professional bodybuilders to attempt to illustrate what professional bodybuilders ‘should’ look like, is a little silly.

The point is, you have little chance of looking like the professional bodybuilders of today, the 90’s, the 80’s, or the 70’s, so why is how SOME of them currently look a problem to you?

[/quote]

Good post. Not only was it a problem for him, he had some assumption of what ALL current pros look like. The truth is, he doesn’t have a clue, and like many others, chooses to degrade the entire arena of professional bodybuilding in spite of minimal knowledge about it.

Unless Melvin Anthony doesn’t look human, he has no point at all.

Why do some people even feel the need to act or think that way when it comes to the subject of bodybuilding? It comes across like jealousy more than anything else. There is too much emotion for them to claim indifference.

[quote]Makavali wrote:
horsepuss wrote:
And those guys dont look like BBrs,your an idiot.

I wanna look like my avatar. I’d say the photo’s he posted look like BBer’s to a degree.[/quote]

“To a degree” is a huge insult to the bodybuilders he posted considering two of them were second in line to be Mr. Olympia at one point.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
“To a degree” is a huge insult to the bodybuilders he posted considering two of them were second in line to be Mr. Olympia at one point.[/quote]

Tongue in cheek statement. Sorry if you misunderstood!

But that probably happened because I may have misunderstood the post I was replying to…

Sometimes, I read these forums just to watch X rip people apart.

I fear the day he does it to me.

Yes i agree with the point that todays top bodybuilders are awful to look at. But I think what some people are trying to say is that we should not let the freak show go on mutating into this senseless circus, that is not only unattainable for the mass’s, but completely stupid and destroying our sport. It is laughed at by most people for a reason.

I’ve said before that yesteryears physiques of labrada, paris, zane and before should be rewarded and aspired to. At least they could run/ walk. I’ve seen some of todays pro videos and walking around the supermarket looks like hard work for them.

I remember an interview with arnold saying that he and franco when they first got to america, at somepoint worked on a building site to get money!!

Could you imagine todays blokes doing that!!??

[quote]Makavali wrote:
Professor X wrote:
“To a degree” is a huge insult to the bodybuilders he posted considering two of them were second in line to be Mr. Olympia at one point.

Tongue in cheek statement. Sorry if you misunderstood![/quote]

I didn’t misunderstand at all. Those bodybuilders simply deserve to be known considering who they are.

He chose well known competitive bodybuilders (two from the 90’s and Mike O’Hearn who does compete in powerlifting) to illustrate some point he had after bashing all of competitive pro bodybuilding.

That makes very little sense…making the fact that Gaspari and Labrada were both considered to be next in line for the Olympia at one point pretty damn ironic.

[quote]azza30 wrote:
Yes i agree with the point that todays top bodybuilders are awful to look at. But I think what some people are trying to say is that we should not let the freak show go on mutating into this senseless circus, that is not only unattainable for the mass’s, but completely stupid and destroying our sport. It is laughed at by most people for a reason.

I’ve said before that yesteryears physiques of labrada, paris, zane and before should be rewarded and aspired to. At least they could run/ walk. I’ve seen some of todays pro videos and walking around the supermarket looks like hard work for them.

I remember an interview with arnold saying that he and franco when they first got to america, at somepoint worked on a building site to get money!!

Could you imagine todays blokes doing that!!??

[/quote]

You are proving pretty quickly, across several forums, that you don’t know what you are talking about.

[quote]azza30 wrote:
Yes i agree with the point that todays top bodybuilders are awful to look at.[/quote]

Yeah, I’d hate to look like Dexter Jackson or Brandon Curry. God damn they look ridiculous.

/sarcasm

You are proving pretty quickly, across several forums, that you don’t know what you are talking about.[/quote]

are you really a professor, x? I doubt it, because you seem to not want to concede that bodybuilding, from the top is destroying itself, in its current form.

1 in 10 million would be able to get like cutler, coleman and co. And yes even without gear they would get way beyond the easiest gaining neophyte because of genetics. And yes they are etremely dedicated and train unbelievably hard. But they are not good role models at all

[quote]azza30 wrote:
Professor X wrote:

You are proving pretty quickly, across several forums, that you don’t know what you are talking about.

are you really a professor, x? I doubt it, because you seem to not want to concede that bodybuilding, from the top is destroying itself, in its current form.

1 in 10 million would be able to get like cutler, coleman and co. And yes even without gear they would get way beyond the easiest gaining neophyte because of genetics. And yes they are etremely dedicated and train unbelievably hard. But they are not good role models at all[/quote]

I’m a doctor. What my profession has to do with this topic escapes me, however.

I want you to name 5 top CURRENT competitors who are “destroying bodybuilding”.

Notice I wrote “CURRENT”, as in those competing RIGHT NOW in either the Iron Man contests or the Olympia.

Coleman may never even compete again. Cutler is not considered esthetic even by those who think he deserved the Olympia title.

I want you to name 5 top CURRENT competitors who are “destroying bodybuilding”.

Notice I wrote “CURRENT”, as in those competing RIGHT NOW in either the Iron Man contests or the Olympia.

Coleman may never even compete again. Cutler is not considered esthetic even by those who think he deserved the Olympia title.[/quote]

Very odd question. A bit pointless really, as me spinning off a list of names proves nothing.

What this sport needs, is judges with balls and a rigid drug detection program. I don’t know if possible, but try to weed out the growth hormone, insulin, thyroid stuff etc etc. If we could do that some and just turn the clock back it would be so much better.

I know bbuilders will always take steroids, but these more dangerous drugs are being used by idiots at the grass roots of bodybuilding. When I started training anapolon 50 was considered a hard bb drug. Now I personally know idiots injecting insulin and growth hormone drugs and they’ve hardly trained. Ephedrine was the under the counter fat burner years ago, now thyroid drugs are dished out like sweets.

I know these people are stupid, but it is becoming the norm to use these drugs.They have no idea really how to use these. They aren’t medical checked often like the pro’s. It is just so dangerous. And what is the point in this?? Thats my issue. Do we not agree on this X?

[quote]azza30 wrote:

Very odd question. A bit pointless really, as me spinning off a list of names proves nothing.
[/quote]

I’m sorry, but how is that an odd question? If you claim bodybuilding is destroying itself from the top, it should be no problem at all for you to name some of the individuals causing the destruction. If you can’t even think of any without choosing names from over 5-10 years ago, then your claims become pretty damn suspect.

I asked you that question because I DO follow bodybuilding and there has been a rather huge change in who is winning these top spots over the last 5 years. That doesn’t even take into consideration the large number of newcomers who are hitting the scene like Brandon Curry who used to post on this site.

You, someone clearly blind to all of this since you so easily sidestepped your chance to prove any point you thought you had about WHO is actually winning, ignore all of this.

So, again, if you can’t come up with five simple names to prove “destruction”, then why do you think you have a clue what you are talking about?

Why do you think I am going to overlook something like that?

azza30 wrote:

I’m sorry, but how is that an odd question? If you claim bodybuilding is destroying itself from the top, it should be no problem at all for you to name some of the individuals causing the destruction. If you can’t even think of any without choosing names from over 5-10 years ago, then your claims become pretty damn suspect.

I asked you that question because I DO follow bodybuilding and there has been a rather huge change in who is winning these top spots over the last 5 years. That doesn’t even take into consideration the large number of newcomers who are hitting the scene like Brandon Curry who used to post on this site.

You, someone clearly blind to all of this since you so easily sidestepped your chance to prove any point you thought you had about WHO is actually winning, ignore all of this.

So, again, if you can’t come up with five simple names to prove “destruction”, then why do you think you have a clue what you are talking about?

Why do you think I am going to overlook something like that?[/quote]

I could easily google top bodybuilders names and spin them off, and you wouldn’t know any different. But are you saying that the winning top bodybuilders are still not corrupting this sport with excessive drug use and dangerous practise? then idiots throughout the sport at all levels try and copy for no good reason. I hope the days of Coleman, markus ruhl and the like are gone. And i hope that the smaller aesthetic physique is coming back. But all the time competitors are using diuretics, thyroid drugs, insulin and the like, it is destroying the sport.

[quote]azza30 wrote:
… are using diuretics[/quote]

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Holy crap, are you serious?

[quote]azza30 wrote:

I could easily google top bodybuilders names and spin them off, and you wouldn’t know any different. [/quote]

Wow. How old are you?

You could rattle off names just like that and it would do more to show you that the standards have changed rather than show “destruction” of bodybuilding. You are avoiding doing so because I can only imagine you are aware of this as well. Otherwise, you would pull up those names and prove “destruction”.

[quote]
But are you saying that the winning top bodybuilders are still not corrupting this sport with excessive drug use and dangerous practise? then idiots throughout the sport at all levels try and copy for no good reason. I hope the days of Coleman, markus ruhl and the like are gone. And i hope that the smaller aesthetic physique is coming back. But all the time competitors are using diuretics, thyroid drugs, insulin and the like, it is destroying the sport. [/quote]

How do you know anything about the practices of the current top pros if you can’t even name any other than Coleman (who doesn’t compete anymore unless he changes his mind) and Rhul (who doesn’t place well in competitions and hasn’t for years)?

Many of the guys with those “smaller aesthetic physiques” were using the same anabolics as everyone else.

You are simply repeating the same argument held by some authors when the truth is, you don’t even follow bodybuilding at all yet seem to think you are still enough of an authority on the matter to give your opinion of what specific changes need to be made.

If you don’t even have a general idea of who is currently competing or what they look like, your opinion carries no weight at all.

How long do you plan to tip toe around that HUGE issue?

What other sports or activities would your opinion be accepted if you didn’t even follow it at all?

If you couldn’t even name 5 top pro football players without naming someone from a decade ago, do you think anyone would give a shit about what you think needs to be changed in pro football?

But wait, let me guess, you think it is odd that someone would expect for you to have deeper than surface knowledge of a topic before speaking in detail about it.

[quote]azza30 wrote:

1 in 10 million would be able to get like cutler, coleman and co. And yes even without gear they would get way beyond the easiest gaining neophyte because of genetics. [/quote]

What’s your point?

How many people do you think could develop their physiques to the level of Schwarzenegger? Or Ferrigno? Or Melvin Anthony? Or Sergio Olivia? Or Dexter Jackson?

There’s a reason these guys are top PROFESSIONALS in their sport. It’s just as hard to become a top professional in any sport, that’s why these people are unique.

Just because people at the tier of a sport have talents or physiques that are unattainable to the common man, doesn’t mean that the average person shouldn’t still STRIVE to achieve that level.

I would love to look like Dexter Jackson. That’s what I strive for. It won’t ever happen, I’m aware of that. However, if I strived for anything less, I would get less total results in the long run.

Exactly. I think the best advice that applies to ANYTHING in life is “be the best”. Even if you can’t be the best in the entire crowd, you can be the best that YOu can be.

[quote]azza30 wrote:
Very odd question. A bit pointless really, as me spinning off a list of names proves nothing. [/quote]

Not pointless at all. The crux of his point is the fact that you have no fucking idea what you are talking about, and your inability to demonstrate even the most basic structural integrity to your argument only makes your ignorance more manifest.