What Supps Do BBers Really Take?

[quote]Professor X wrote:

Because women just hate people this muscular?

[/quote]

Ohhhhh I wouldn’t say all of them. Melvin’s hot.

[quote]MsM wrote:
Professor X wrote:

Ohhhhh I wouldn’t say all of them. Melvin’s hot.[/quote]

Apparently, there is a disconnect, however. A lot of people seem to believe that women just HATE big muscles (or at least, that big) and that action must be taken to avoid this at all costs…because it can happen to anyone.

Never the less, someone will hold up some off season picture of a 300lbs bodybuilder whose main goal is to gain another 20lbs of muscle and act as if this should be despised…as if the rest of us are ready for photo shoots when at our heaviest weight when gaining.

Bauer was right, most people on the planet and most people in the gym will NEVER be able to reach the size of a pro bodybuilder no matter what they do. That makes trying to avoid it a ridiculous action.

Also, pro bodybuilding has been hit with enough new comers lately that anyone still caught in 1999 and using off season photos of Ronnie Coleman as a representation of all of pro bodybuilding is completely off base.

My personal goal is close to that of most heavy weight NPC competitors. I doubt I could weigh 300lbs in contest shape even if I wanted to…and I’m not a “hardgainer”.

That doesn’t mean I need to despise or throw negative remarks at all of professional bodybuilding…while claiming I “love” it.

MsM wrote:
Professor X wrote:

Ohhhhh I wouldn’t say all of them. Melvin’s hot.

Apparently, there is a disconnect, however. A lot of people seem to believe that women just HATE big muscles (or at least, that big) and that action must be taken to avoid this at all costs…because it can happen to anyone.

Never the less, someone will hold up some off season picture of a 300lbs bodybuilder whose main goal is to gain another 20lbs of muscle and act as if this should be despised…as if the rest of us are ready for photo shoots when at our heaviest weight when gaining.

Bauer was right, most people on the planet and most people in the gym will NEVER be able to reach the size of a pro bodybuilder no matter what they do. That makes trying to avoid it a ridiculous action.

Also, pro bodybuilding has been hit with enough new comers lately that anyone still caught in 1999 and using off season photos of Ronnie Coleman as a representation of all of pro bodybuilding is completely off base.

My personal goal is close to that of most heavy weight NPC competitors. I doubt I could weigh 300lbs in contest shape even if I wanted to…and I’m not a “hardgainer”.

That doesn’t mean I need to despise or throw negative remarks at all of professional bodybuilding…while claiming I “love” it.[/quote]

Some do hate it, I don’t. Anyone that thinks it will happen by accident is too naive to have an opinion on the subject. Sounds harsh but I believe that is a fair statement.

To those that don’t respect people like Melvin or people with goals like ProfessorX or Bauer, I seriously doubt they lose any sleep over your opinion.

This whole “too big” attitude is really tired.

Now that I’ve gotten way off topic, what kinds of things do these bodybuilders take? Unless you know them, I doubt you’ll ever have the answer to that question. So many do ads for and are sponsored by so many companies now, it’s hard to tell who is taking what. My answer would be, they take what works for them.

[quote]MsM wrote:

Some do hate it, I don’t. Anyone that thinks it will happen by accident is too naive to have an opinion on the subject. Sounds harsh but I believe that is a fair statement.

To those that don’t respect people like Melvin or people with goals like ProfessorX or Bauer, I seriously doubt they lose any sleep over your opinion.

This whole “too big” attitude is really tired.

Now that I’ve gotten way off topic, what kinds of things do these bodybuilders take? Unless you know them, I doubt you’ll ever have the answer to that question. So many do ads for and are sponsored by so many companies now, it’s hard to tell who is taking what. My answer would be, they take what works for them.[/quote]

Agreed. On the topic of what they take in terms of supplements, however, they take what comes free most of the time. If they are sponsored by a supplement company, you can bet they are getting most of their supps for free. Even if I didn’t like a particular brand that much, you can bet I would be using it if I had to pay NOTHING for it (especially considering how much food these guys eat).

Anymore speculation than that is just that. Unless you are good friends with one them, give up trying to figure out what shit they actually believe is worth taking. I will say that anyone who thinks they put crappy products from insect hormones or any others with “X-Plode” in the name over a lot of food, protein and their real “anabolic arsenal” is living in a dreamworld.

I doubt most people who have been lifting for years even worry about most ads in magazines regardless of what they are selling.

[quote]orion wrote:
horsepuss wrote:
Allright so we have all seen the top elite bodybuilders in the buisness in ads for supps like BSN,So I want to know what these guys really take.We all know there all pumped full of steroids and I have no problem with that,Shit if I could get my hands on some I would take them.

Anyway what are these guys taking,So im sure there all taking protien,bcaa and vits but what else.I doubt Jay Cutler and Ronnie are taking BSN stuff.What do you guys know about this.

They also take insulin, HGH, IGF, glenbuterol and whatever else they can get their hands on.

Munzers plan:

�?ber das gesamte Jahr:[2]

* Ephedrin, AN 1, Captagon, Aspirin, Valium (Aufputschmittel)
* Kälbermastmittel Clenbuterol (Muskelaufbau mit Fettabbau)

10�??6 Wochen vor dem Wettkampf täglich:

* 2 Injektionen Testoviron à 250 mg (Massegewinn in der Muskulatur)
* 1 Injektion Parabolan (Anabolika zum Muskelwachstum)
* 30 Tabletten Halotestin ( " " )
* 30 Tabletten Metandion ( " " )
* 16 IE STH (Wachstumshormon: Muskelaufbau mit gleichzeitigem Fettabbau)
* 20 IE Insulin (Wirkung umstritten)

5�??2 Wochen vor dem Wettkampf täglich:

* 3 Injektionen Masteron
* 2 Injektionen Parabolan
* 30 Tabletten Halotestin
* 50 Tabletten Stromba (Anabolika zum Muskelwachstum)
* 2 Injektionen Stromba
* 24 IE STH

2 Wochen bis zum Wettkampf täglich:

* 2 Injektionen Masteron
* 2 Injektionen Stromba
* 40 Tabletten Haloestin
* 80 Tabletten Stromba
* 24 IE STH (Wachstumshormon)
* Insulin (Wirkung umstritten)
* Aldactone und Lasix (Wasserreduzierung im Muskel)

He had pin-pong ball sized tumors in half of his liver, the other half was gone.

He died at 31 because of multiple organ failure.

So

a) whatever supps they take is probably irrellevant and

b) these bloated excuses for athletes are nothing but glorified junkies that cannot even climb a flight of stairs without collapsing. Hell, some need oxygen after posing!

Which leads me to

c) whatever they take, fuck it, because unless you want to risk your life to scrape out a meager existence by pleasing homosexual muscle fetishists on and off stage your training and supplementation must be radically different from theirs.

PS: And yeah, Shugart was right with his comments on profi BB. In fact he was much too nice. They are as ridiculous as poodles.

edited[/quote]

Thats pretty funny because you thought I was asking what these guys took so I could take it and get that big,Listen Im 27 and have been reading weightlifting mags and books since I was 15,Im no dummy.My guestion was what besides steroids,hgh,igf1,fat burners,synthol and whatever else,do these guys really take.Obviously creatine pre contest would be a bad idea not that they would even take it anyway,Obviously they consume tons of protien among other legal stuff but what kind.That was my question.

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
I’ve heard that many of the smarter ones actually take vitamin/mineral support simply because so many are actually malnourished. Victor Conte (from balco labs) did a blood study of several BBers about 10 years ago, and most were defficient in Zinc, Mg, and a whole list of others. I’m sure guys like Coleman who make sure all their bases are covered are aware of this.

S
[/quote]

I bet if you tested all the guys on this site most of them would be deficient in zinc,its common in weightlifters.

[quote]horsepuss wrote:
The Mighty Stu wrote:
I’ve heard that many of the smarter ones actually take vitamin/mineral support simply because so many are actually malnourished. Victor Conte (from balco labs) did a blood study of several BBers about 10 years ago, and most were defficient in Zinc, Mg, and a whole list of others. I’m sure guys like Coleman who make sure all their bases are covered are aware of this.

S

I bet if you tested all the guys on this site most of them would be deficient in zinc,its common in weightlifters.[/quote]

Victor? Is that you?

[quote]Bauer97 wrote:
orion wrote:

To build a body worth looking at and not a monstrosity?

That´s my motive.

What makes you think that you could build a body like a pro bodybuilders, even if you tried?

You act as if you’re making a moral choice NOT to look like them, as if it takes effort to avoid becoming one of the most muscular individuals on Earth.

I’ve gotten to the physique I have now by striving to be as muscular as possible. I will never, even if I were to use steroids for years, look like a professional bodybuilder, that’s just genetics.

Acting like bodybuilders are the worst physique possible sounds like a good way to severely limit your potential. ‘I better be careful, I don’t want to get TOO big’…

I fully agree and acknowledge that bodybuilders use a lot of drugs that may be endangering their long term health. They know this, it’s a conscious decision, and regardless of it, they work their asses off, and deserve some respect.[/quote]

Well said,BBers do take a lot of juice but they also bust their asses in the gym and eat sleep and shit iron regardless of steroids.Next time you see a guy working his way up the bbing food chain think about how long he has been in the shadows of the top guys,Dexter Jackson for instance.

He has been lifing and competing for as long as I can remember but he is just now getting to the top,No amount of steroids will sky rocket anyone to the top of BBing without spilling blood and guts in the gym far atleast a decade.

[quote]MsM wrote:
horsepuss wrote:
The Mighty Stu wrote:

S

I bet if you tested all the guys on this site most of them would be deficient in zinc,its common in weightlifters.

Victor? Is that you?[/quote]

Hey, let’s all do a zinc tally test. It’ll be fun!

[quote]horsepuss wrote:
The Mighty Stu wrote:

S

I bet if you tested all the guys on this site most of them would be deficient in zinc,its common in weightlifters.[/quote]

Exactly, that’s why ZMA can be so beneficial

[quote]MsM wrote:
horsepuss wrote:
The Mighty Stu wrote:

S

Victor? Is that you?[/quote]

lol

orion wrote:
I am just a little pissed at the BB crowd on this site who really pretends that they look up to pros.

And act as if one hates BB instead of loving it when one makes fun of those who ruin it as a mass movement by setting standards no one really wants to achieve.

Plus, the OP will definitely not benefit from trying to eat, train or supplement like a pro without the chemical support- and I am not even anti -steroid, I am anti-not getting laid because I look like the Marshmallow Man in the off-season and 30 seconds of sex will likely give me a heart attack.

I wasn’t aware all professional bodybuilders looked the same. Apparently, the efforts to hype the “X-Frame” physique in professional bodybuilding is completely overlooked. All of this so guys like you can point out the worst examples and hold those only as a representation of all of competitive bodybuilding.

The above is Melvin Anthony…who I am sure you already know since you “love” bodybuilding. Is he one of the ones you speak of?[/quote]

This guy looks good.

I might even look into pro-BB if this becomes the norm.

[quote]Bauer97 wrote:
orion wrote:

To build a body worth looking at and not a monstrosity?

That´s my motive.

What makes you think that you could build a body like a pro bodybuilders, even if you tried?

You act as if you’re making a moral choice NOT to look like them, as if it takes effort to avoid becoming one of the most muscular individuals on Earth.

I’ve gotten to the physique I have now by striving to be as muscular as possible. I will never, even if I were to use steroids for years, look like a professional bodybuilder, that’s just genetics.

Acting like bodybuilders are the worst physique possible sounds like a good way to severely limit your potential. ‘I better be careful, I don’t want to get TOO big’…

I fully agree and acknowledge that bodybuilders use a lot of drugs that may be endangering their long term health. They know this, it’s a conscious decision, and regardless of it, they work their asses off, and deserve some respect.[/quote]

Nobody said I could achieve such a body.

However, you don´t understand.

I do not want too.

That is the problem.

I want to look like this :

or this:

or maybe this:

[quote]orion wrote:
or maybe this:

[/quote]

And those guys dont look like BBrs,your an idiot.

[quote]horsepuss wrote:
orion wrote:
or maybe this:

And those guys dont look like BBrs,your an idiot.[/quote]

Actually the third picture there is Mike Ohearn I believe. Who used to compete in natural shows and is now an american gladiator.

Its tough to tell from that pic, however thats who it appears that is.

To the OP: Why would you think that the pros would not use creatine? Steroids or not, creatine is a very effective supplement.

[quote]horsepuss wrote:
And those guys dont look like BBrs,your an idiot.[/quote]

I wanna look like my avatar. I’d say the photo’s he posted look like BBer’s to a degree.

[quote]Makavali wrote:
horsepuss wrote:
And those guys dont look like BBrs,your an idiot.

I wanna look like my avatar. I’d say the photo’s he posted look like BBer’s to a degree.[/quote]

The first one was Lee Labrada and the second picture is Rich Gaspari, who were both pretty well known and successful bodybuilders in the 80’s and early 90’s. Not to mention they also have their own supplement companies.