What Happened to Kevin Levrone

[quote]austin_bicep wrote:
Everyone bitching about Levrone can shut the fuck up because 99% of the people on this board aren’t going to be half the man he was, yet ever look like him.

He was one of the greatest bodybuilders of all time, had the best pro record at one time, and was robbed numerous times at the olympia haveing a few second place finishes.

His philopshy was lift heavy, eat a shitload (pounds of chicken breasts, beef, flounder, rice, and mixed veggies a day), and to give 110% at all times.

I think if people followed his example we’d have many more successful bodybuilders today. He also works with children and was even acknowledged and given medals on several occasions by the state of Maryland.

Point is, the man was absolute beast and anyone dissing him should wake the fuck up, and show him some respect. He’s moved on and has a wife and kid and is doing what HE wants to do, not what anyone thinks he should do. He can be that 260 pound monster in less than a year if he wanted to.[/quote]

I think you’re right, but I think people here are debating…" WHY doesn’t he WANT to look like that anymore?"

Personally, I think it would be really hard to look that amazing and knowing that you could do it, and look like he currently does. It’s not a judgement on him, it’s just a thought.

Whatever he wants to do is the right path for him…but I know that if I EVER regressed in weight and physique like that after being Mr. Olympia (uncrowned) it would be hard for me. Each his own.

[quote]Rattler wrote:
SSC wrote:
roybot wrote:
Everything goes through trends - We’ve got so many borderline ladyboys in Hollywood at the moment that I think the tide is about to turn and go ‘old school’.

I mean, fashion at the moment has taken it’s lead from '80s clothing. Music has been similarly inspired by '80s music.
It’s only a matter of time before Hollywood jumps on the bandwagon and goes '80s.

And you know what that means: Schwarzenegger Stallone, Weathers, Ventura. Yay!

I fucking hope so. 80’s action was one of the few things the 80’s managed to get right. We need some real intense motherfuckers back, blowing up choppers and shit again. Rambo IV was the closest thing we’ve had since… (and I might I add that movie was brutal as hell.)

Instead, we are blessed with the ever-so talented Jason Stathem.

Fuck.

How was the newer Rambo brutal as hell? It was way better than Rambo III. It was just crazy action, a pure testosterone fueled movie if you ask me.

Also, Jason Statham is awesome. He may not be huge, but I like the guy as an actor and I like the movies that he’s in. But he also doesn’t play huge guy roles, liek I’d never expect him to play as the Terminator. But as a quick hitman sort of guy, he’s perfect.

Too bad Dwyane Johnson skimped out on action movies, and went all Disney on our asses. Walking Tall was badass.[/quote]

have you seen the movie deathrace? Statham is in pretty damn good shape in that film. Way better than most action heroes going round now (which is in itself a shame).

[quote]aussie101 wrote:

have you seen the movie deathrace? Statham is in pretty damn good shape in that film. Way better than most action heroes going round now (which is in itself a shame).[/quote]

No I haven’t, I’ve seen Crank, both Transporters and a few other flicks. I like the guy, solid actor for sure. So he’s not a tank, big deal. Dude doesn’t play jacked out guy roles anwyays. Statham is awesome, I hope he keeps putting out good flicks.

[quote]The Bambino wrote:
austin_bicep wrote:
Everyone bitching about Levrone can shut the fuck up because 99% of the people on this board aren’t going to be half the man he was, yet ever look like him.

He was one of the greatest bodybuilders of all time, had the best pro record at one time, and was robbed numerous times at the olympia haveing a few second place finishes.

His philopshy was lift heavy, eat a shitload (pounds of chicken breasts, beef, flounder, rice, and mixed veggies a day), and to give 110% at all times.

I think if people followed his example we’d have many more successful bodybuilders today. He also works with children and was even acknowledged and given medals on several occasions by the state of Maryland.

Point is, the man was absolute beast and anyone dissing him should wake the fuck up, and show him some respect. He’s moved on and has a wife and kid and is doing what HE wants to do, not what anyone thinks he should do. He can be that 260 pound monster in less than a year if he wanted to.

I think you’re right, but I think people here are debating…" WHY doesn’t he WANT to look like that anymore?"

Personally, I think it would be really hard to look that amazing and knowing that you could do it, and look like he currently does. It’s not a judgement on him, it’s just a thought.

Whatever he wants to do is the right path for him…but I know that if I EVER regressed in weight and physique like that after being Mr. Olympia (uncrowned) it would be hard for me. Each his own.
[/quote]

He has nothing to prove. He’s been at the top. He has a wife and kids(s) now. I doubt he really gives a shit what the fatass behind him in line at the grocery store thinks of his physique and he’s probably seen enough reactions to his physique to be amused by them anymore. I’m sure he still gets comments daily from people who know who he is.

Also, I wonder how he eats when he’s not concerned with his muscles. I know it would be weird for me to go back to eating like I used to. I’d be like, a waffle for breakfast? What the fuck is this shit? Where’s my protein?

[quote]DJS wrote:
LiveFromThe781 wrote:
after seeing this again it just made me think, maybe the whole genetic shit isnt all its cracked up to be. he looks like a normal guy right there, he’s still bigger than the average person but he isnt what youd expect him to be i guess.

When I am talking about genetics and pro bodybuilders i take that as how they respond to drugs. Plenty of pros were very scrawny to begin with. Ever see early pics of Ferigno? Some people resond to juice better then others.

I have known several people who juiced and still didn’t look good and then others who looked just as you would expect… awesome. You ever see that new documentary bigger, stronger, faster? Two of the three brothers are juicers.

One of them looks pretty good but not incredibly impressive given that you know he is on the sauce. The second brother was a dud wrestler back in the WWF back in the day. His body is just garbage juice or no juice.

You can have “great insertion points” but if you don’t respond well to the drugs you are not going to be a pro contender. You need both. You don’t need “good genetics” in a natural lifting sense.

You need good genetics in terms of roids working better on you and the average person. A lot better. A lot has been said that Lee Priest doesn’t even take that high a dose. It just works really really well on him.

This is just my little rant on what i consider “good genetics” in bodybuidling. Does it matter if Levrone looks like that natural and out of shape if he takes a little sauce and 6 weeks later he looks better then anyone who has ever posted to this forum?[/quote]

I have yet to see a pro who did not already vastly surpass his friends and other gym goers back in his natural days.

A million idiots are on drugs and still don’t improve much. They also SUCK as naturals. The reason has nothing to do with how well they respond to drugs, it is in their training and diet approach.

Those are the morons who use hyper-complicated cycles of 8 different, uber-exotic compounds and all the while completely fail to understand what truly matters if one wants to get big.

You can juice all you want, if you train and eat like the people who tell everyone that “I’m natural and thus can’t gain more than 5 lbs a year”, nothing will help you.

What do you think is the ultimate effect that drugs (not talking about gh or insulin here) actually have on your training? I’m not talking about “increased protein absorption” or some such, I mean the actual end-result (and if you say: “they make you bigger”, then you don’t understand a thing).

[quote]Cephalic_Carnage wrote:
DJS wrote:
LiveFromThe781 wrote:
after seeing this again it just made me think, maybe the whole genetic shit isnt all its cracked up to be. he looks like a normal guy right there, he’s still bigger than the average person but he isnt what youd expect him to be i guess.

When I am talking about genetics and pro bodybuilders i take that as how they respond to drugs. Plenty of pros were very scrawny to begin with. Ever see early pics of Ferigno? Some people resond to juice better then others.

I have known several people who juiced and still didn’t look good and then others who looked just as you would expect… awesome. You ever see that new documentary bigger, stronger, faster? Two of the three brothers are juicers.

One of them looks pretty good but not incredibly impressive given that you know he is on the sauce. The second brother was a dud wrestler back in the WWF back in the day. His body is just garbage juice or no juice.

You can have “great insertion points” but if you don’t respond well to the drugs you are not going to be a pro contender. You need both. You don’t need “good genetics” in a natural lifting sense.

You need good genetics in terms of roids working better on you and the average person. A lot better. A lot has been said that Lee Priest doesn’t even take that high a dose. It just works really really well on him.

This is just my little rant on what i consider “good genetics” in bodybuidling. Does it matter if Levrone looks like that natural and out of shape if he takes a little sauce and 6 weeks later he looks better then anyone who has ever posted to this forum?

I have yet to see a pro who did not already vastly surpass his friends and other gym goers back in his natural days.

A million idiots are on drugs and still don’t improve much. They also SUCK as naturals. The reason has nothing to do with how well they respond to drugs, it is in their training and diet approach.

Those are the morons who use hyper-complicated cycles of 8 different, uber-exotic compounds and all the while completely fail to understand what truly matters if one wants to get big.

You can juice all you want, if you train and eat like the people who tell everyone that “I’m natural and thus can’t gain more than 5 lbs a year”, nothing will help you.

What do you think is the ultimate effect that drugs (not talking about gh or insulin here) actually have on your training? I’m not talking about “increased protein absorption” or some such, I mean the actual end-result (and if you say: “they make you bigger”, then you don’t understand a thing).

[/quote]

Good post. Are people really arguing that Kevin only looks like he did in peak condition because of drugs?

ANYONE, no matter how big they may be, has the potential to look really small if they set out to starve the muscle off their bodies which is what he has done. For anyone to make the statement that he looks small now simply because he quit steroids is just stupid.

He doesn’t look the way he does now by accident and most large bodybuilders are NOT going to shrink like that even if they quit lifting seriously. He trains to look like that now and eats in a way to reduce his muscle mass (ie. like most of the people on this forum who seem to think drugs are needed to gain more than 5lbs a year).

*10 pounds a year

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
*10 pounds a year[/quote] ← Only for complete beginners. Past your first year, only 5.003 pounds are possible. If you gain more than that, you are a genetic freak and respond well to steroids.

Wait.

What?

he’s natural. that mass will come back in no time.

[quote]Cephalic_Carnage wrote:
LiveFromThe781 wrote:
*10 pounds a year ← Only for complete beginners. Past your first year, only 5.003 pounds are possible. If you gain more than that, you are a genetic freak and respond well to steroids.

Wait.

What?
[/quote]

christ, thats right out of the mike mentzer handbook. just throw in “you dont need huge amounts of food” and “more than the RDA of protein is a waste” and you’re all set.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Cephalic_Carnage wrote:
DJS wrote:
LiveFromThe781 wrote:

This is just my little rant on what i consider “good genetics” in bodybuidling. Does it matter if Levrone looks like that natural and out of shape if he takes a little sauce and 6 weeks later he looks better then anyone who has ever posted to this forum?

Good post. Are people really arguing that Kevin only looks like he did in peak condition because of drugs?

ANYONE, no matter how big they may be, has the potential to look really small if they set out to starve the muscle off their bodies which is what he has done. For anyone to make the statement that he looks small now simply because he quit steroids is just stupid.
[/quote]

Nope. I didn’t say anything like that. Not even kinda, sorta.

id rather look like Mentzer than Arnold anyday.