What Do You Think of My Routine?

Don’t do Stronglift. You want to change to many things.

WS4SB was mentioned. Do that, pick exercises you’ll enjoy, repeat over 200 times and see you next year.

[quote]JFG wrote:
Don’t do Stronglift. You want to change to many things.

WS4SB was mentioned. Do that, pick exercises you’ll enjoy, repeat over 200 times and see you next year.
[/quote]

Thanks for the advice. much appreciated.
I was looking at that earlier it does look good, but I dont think its for me.
I wrote something out earlier for stronglifts and bench press is the only thing im changing out now, and pullups are the only thing adding in.

You have been warned.

Listen to JFG do yourself a favor and find a routine where you can deffinetely do everything and don’t fucking change anything. Do it as written.

[quote]pgtips wrote:

[quote]caveman101 wrote:
just do pullups anyway - priorituse them over BBrows if you need to. And just dont bench if you dont want to - you arent training for a powerlifting meet, i have benched once so far this year

10x3 deads - depends on your recovery ability. i dont do them on days where i do ohp because my i power clean ever rep, and the two would get in the way of each other
I currently do:
1 - Max deads and squat
2 - OHP variations, snatches, pullups, repition squat
3 - Push press, back work
rest (or not, depends)[/quote]

cheers. I’ll do rows and pullups.

Is 1, 2 and 3 three different days or is that a typical day for you in the gym? If so you are a beast.[/quote]

Id suggest taking a look at Caveman’s training log, some really cool stuff in there. And from what you’ve stated about your goals, the way he trains would be a good way to go.

aw shucks

[quote]Chris87 wrote:

[quote]pgtips wrote:

[quote]caveman101 wrote:
just do pullups anyway - priorituse them over BBrows if you need to. And just dont bench if you dont want to - you arent training for a powerlifting meet, i have benched once so far this year

10x3 deads - depends on your recovery ability. i dont do them on days where i do ohp because my i power clean ever rep, and the two would get in the way of each other
I currently do:
1 - Max deads and squat
2 - OHP variations, snatches, pullups, repition squat
3 - Push press, back work
rest (or not, depends)[/quote]

cheers. I’ll do rows and pullups.

Is 1, 2 and 3 three different days or is that a typical day for you in the gym? If so you are a beast.[/quote]

Id suggest taking a look at Caveman’s training log, some really cool stuff in there. And from what you’ve stated about your goals, the way he trains would be a good way to go.[/quote]

I took a look, caveman is making some great progress. I like how he goes about his training.

today I did …

some mish mash of of 5 x 5 and whatever the hell I wanted.

Front squats - 5 x 5 - 40kg

Overhead press - 5 x 5 - 40 kg

pull ups - 10 x 5 ( gonna do 10 sets of 6 next time )

Then becuase I have terible discipline and I didnt want to go home quite at that time I did a load of overhead squats with just the bar then.

Overhead squats - 3 x 5 - 30kg (would like to get to doing a bodyweight one sometime)

Hang snatches - tyring to stop being a pussy and get under the bar and I did. started landing 30 kg hang snatches in a full squat - didnt count the sets.

Then thought I’d try a full clean.

loads of singles with the bar. felt good.

worked up to 50 kg did about 6 singles, I think my form is actually pretty good. was tempted to try 60 kg but bottled it cause my legs were starting to feel shaky.
(on my fourth single I heard a funny noise just as I was about to catch it, looked round and next thing I know, Im sittng down with the bar on my legs…

As you can see, I seem to have a problem deciding what im actually going to do.

Can overhead squats build muscle? (I’m not looking to get huge)

Reading this before I post it I notice I am all over the place, so if I’m winding anyone up, pleaes be gentle :stuck_out_tongue: