What are the Best Career Fields for the Future?

[quote]brnforce wrote:
Air Traffic Control. If you can hack it (most can) there are a lot of great opportunities out there. [/quote]

This is what I was going add. I am currently working my way through a CTI-Program.

[quote]xXSeraphimXx wrote:

[quote]brnforce wrote:
Air Traffic Control. If you can hack it (most can) there are a lot of great opportunities out there. [/quote]

This is what I was going add. I am currently working my way through a CTI-Program. [/quote]

Good luck! I’m a prior military controller, currently doing contract controlling in the sandbox. Good money but the people SUCK!!!

Too bad there aren’t more jobs in the fitness industry that pay well. Being a trainer is no guarantee of making a good living. I worked for a supplement company years ago (not Biotest.) I knew the products easily, but the pay weas not that great. Other than that, what is there really other than opening a gym?

[quote]AlisaV wrote:
Growing field: statistics.

Here, I actually know what I’m talking about. The world is becoming more quantitative. Marketing, government and politics, medicine for sure, intelligence, online data and social networks, communications. It’s all, “Here’s this vast quantity of data, now how do we interpret it?” And we’re getting more sophisticated and powerful at that at a shocking rate. I’m betting on statistician as the job of the future.[/quote]

We do a lot of multivariate linear regression models in engineering now adays in an attempt to mathematically model processes … a good statistician can probably find a job at an engineering company doing that

if you like statistics, get your 6-Sigma black belt and fly around the country teaching. Most the people that do that get 5k per student and 10 to 25% of the profit for X number of years on the projects they help with. Its basically a big design of expiriments with some statistics thrown in…

[quote]paulypaul wrote:
Too bad there aren’t more jobs in the fitness industry that pay well. Being a trainer is no guarantee of making a good living. I worked for a supplement company years ago (not Biotest.) I knew the products easily, but the pay weas not that great. Other than that, what is there really other than opening a gym?[/quote]

Botique gyms are gaining in popularity…

or

Start a cross fit…

you can also

do outside boot camp style stuff / spin classes for house wives…

Get your firearms license, everyone is buying guns and ammo.