Wearing Tank Tops to the Gym

I can’t stand being restricted at all or having sweaty clothes all over me when lifting. When I did train at a commercial gym I wore stringy cut down tank tops and the old short floppy military training shorts. You know, the ones that have the branch of service and a number on the front of one of the legs.

Basically the least I could without breaking the rules. Nothing whatever to do with how I looked to anybody, but that was how I was most comfortable.

Now I train barefoot and shirtless with similar type shorts, but I train in my basement. I don’t want to notice anything except the set when training. Clothes easily bother me when I’m lifting. Of course I’m speaking only for myself.

I wear sleeveless shirts and either shorts or track pants. I never thought shit would be so complicated.

Cot dayum

I wear tank tops for two simple reasons.

1/ To stay cool
2/ To show off

I’m not at the gym to make friends or get a date. I’m there to workout and show what I’ve got. Other wise I’d workout at home.

[quote]pittsburgh75 wrote:
Hey

I’m 51 years old. I dont care what some lil chickie thinks bout me being full of myself. Some 20 year olds dont look has as good as me.

6'1
          218LBS.
          47 IN CHEST
          17 1/2 INCH GUNS
          35 WAIST[/quote]

YEAH. JOE SWANSON BABY. GUNS! YEEEEEEEAAAAAHHH!!!

i figure ill start wearing tank tops and beaters when i can fill out a large, currently half my shirts are L, and half are medium, which i have to kind stretch out in the neck and length and arms and stuff before i put on.

but yeah

when a L tee looks form fitting on me, ill start showing off the guns

I have my own weights, but I usually wear short sleeves and “athletic” pants (aka stretchy and thin). If I’m doing shoulders I’ll wear a sleeveless, sometimes other days. I just go by what’s the most comfortable. Love my home gym.

If I had a home gym I would definitely wear the pink tutu every day. Prance around in-between sets.

That’s right. I said it.

for one i couldn’t give a fuck what some woman tells me she likes unless im married to her.

secondly, if you need to wear a tanktop/wifebeater to see how buff you are then you need to lift more.

Personally i wear a long sleeve shirt because the sheer fucking unadulterated awesomeness of my physique would cause all the men to commit seppeku on their barbells, hang themselves from the lat pull down machines and all others would simply bang their heads on the nearest machine till they rupture something. meanwhile every woman would prostrate themselves before me tearing the spandex from their scandily clad bodies in hopes that they would be chosen to carry my seed and give birth to an entire race of motherfucking Kwisatz Haderach’s

…and cause i like having sleeves to wipe my sweat off my forehead with.

you know, everyday utilitarian shit.

[quote]Brazen T wrote:
It gets pretty hot here in South Florida so I wear cut offs a fair bit during the day if I’m just lounging around. I actually find I keep cooler in the gym wearing UA loose gear.[/quote]

UA loose gear is the best shit on the market. It can be soaking wet and still not stick to you or feel heavy.

I prefer loose fitting clothing to work out in, and at 275 it is hard to find loose fitting t-shirts, so I usually wear a tank.
I don’t care, and usually don’t notice what other people in the gym are wearing. I do sometimes get distracted by guys with visible severe body acne (hide it please) and guys in wife beaters with gyno. IMO if you are REALLY noticing what others are wearing, how focused are you on what YOU are doing?

It depends on what I’m doing that day. If I wear a t-shirt on cardio days, I can literally wring the bad boy out afterwards. Bummer. So, cardio days need to be a tanker. On lifting days, I go with what’s clean, either a thin, non-constricting t-shirt or a tank top/muscle shirt of some kind. I heat up quick, so I always wear shorts.
My brother just works out in his daily attire: blue jeans and a t-shirt. It works for him.

[quote]DickBag wrote:
streamline wrote:

I’m not at the gym to make friends or get a date. I’m there to workout and show what I’ve got. Other wise I’d workout at home.

no your just there to show what youve got.

ghey

[/quote]

It’s like serving humble pie everyday at the gym. I got it and they all want it.

thats a good point about seeing how your muscles look while youre training too.

and im pretty sure the girls going with the skin tight shirt that goes down about 1/4 an inch below the tits and the skin tight booty shorts are doing it for attention, so i hope you dont get mad for me staring/drooling. i also just wanted to thank all of the hot girls who dress like that.

[quote]pushharder wrote:
ouroboro_s wrote:
Hey. I wear a tank top too.

The only time I noticed what a man was wearing was last Wednesday when a group of three guys came in wearing capris (or the male equivalent) One guy had on some odd mesh button up shirt and a white belt on the pants and leather flip flop shoes.

Weird.

You shoulda run the moneychangers outta the temple with a whip.[/quote]

Good thinking batman. I’m digging out my old riding crop as we speak. We can’t have shit like that going on.

[quote]DickBag wrote:
i usually where whatever ive been wearing the entire day when training.

its not like lifting weights requires a special suit or anything.

i dont bother changing before training, and sometimes i dont even shower after training.

im dirty.

bro[/quote]

Yeah, same here.

I sometimes also take a shit during my squats and don’t bother to change pants. I get strange looks but I just tell them it’s the smell of testosterone.

[quote]ouroboro_s wrote:
I’m digging out my old riding crop as we speak. [/quote]

aroused

[quote]Bauer97 wrote:
pittsburgh75 wrote:
Hey

I’m 51 years old. I dont care what some lil chickie thinks bout me being full of myself. Some 20 year olds dont look has as good as me.

6'1
          218LBS.
          47 IN CHEST
          17 1/2 INCH GUNS
          35 WAIST

I take it by this post that you are, in fact, confirming that you are full of yourself, and not ashamed of it?

I hope someday I can look “has” as good as you, whatever that means.[/quote]

Yea and lets see what you look like when you reach my age sonny boy

Bauer97 wrote:
pittsburgh75 wrote:
Hey

6'1
          218LBS.
          47 IN CHEST
          17 1/2 INCH GUNS
          35 WAIST

I take it by this post that you are, in fact, confirming that you are full of yourself, and not ashamed of it?

I hope someday I can look “has” as good as you, whatever that means.

[/quote]

Wow. Nice introduction to this site. Around here we really don’t care if you like looking at yourself in the mirror. It’s not impressive.

[/quote]

Sonny boy? Seriously?

What did you look like at MY age?

If you ask me, give me 26 more years of continued lifting, with continuous advances in nutrition, supplementation, and eventually HRT, and I bet I’ll look damn good.