Wearing Tank Tops to the Gym

[quote]Christine wrote:
eengrms76 wrote:
Christine wrote:
As long as they aren’t too skinny or too fat, who cares what someone else wears to the gym?

Unless, of course, it is a pink tutu. Or a mesh top, capris and flip flops.

That’s just weird.

Hey don’t knock it until you try it. It’s very liberating.

Well, you can wear the pink tutu, but skip the leotard and tights.[/quote]

But you said the thong was ok, right? I just had mine “elongated”.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Christine wrote:
eengrms76 wrote:
Christine wrote:
As long as they aren’t too skinny or too fat, who cares what someone else wears to the gym?

Unless, of course, it is a pink tutu. Or a mesh top, capris and flip flops.

That’s just weird.

Hey don’t knock it until you try it. It’s very liberating.

Well, you can wear the pink tutu, but skip the leotard and tights.

But you said the thong was ok, right? I just had mine “elongated”.[/quote]

Absolutely, whatever makes YOU comfortable!

With or without tutu?

Wifebeaters FTW!!!

I’ve got too much of a gut going on to make this look good. And I kinda miss having a regular shirt sop up all the sweat along my shoulders and arms.

However, it’s a very powerful psychological effect when you’re training and you can actually see how built you’re getting.

Besides, I kinda like the ‘grunge’ look associated with wifebeaters over muscle shirts.

[quote]Professor X wrote

The same woman who would make a claim that a man is “full of himself” for simply wearing a shirt that exposes his arms is likely the same type of woman who never wants to have sex with the lights on.[/quote]

Best. Post.

My gym stays too cool for my tastes so I wear a long sleeve shirt over a t-shirt. I am just too cool otherwise, especially as I start to sweat. Most of the big guys in my gym layer as well, so I figure it is not just me.

I do not notice those who wear tanks to sweat much in my gym. Perhaps they are just avoiding it.

I am am monster sweat machine. As such I wear a wife beater to keep cool to avoid excess sweating. My sweat destroys clothes so i like to keep it to minimum. The only pants I can find that hold up to the power of my ball sweat are military pants that you find at the army store. They last like a bastard. and they fit good too so you can go into overhaed squats without blowing the seams. So that’s me, camo military pants and a black wife beater, looking like a total douche nozzle. But you know who cares?

not me.

I also wear a hoodie until i get warm and need to strip down to avoid the big sweat puddle.

Especially if it’s summer.

Also, if you can’t wear a beater in the gym where else would you wear it?

-chris

[quote]Avocado wrote:

-chris[/quote]

I guess the answer “when beating your wife” is just completely inappropriate, huh?

Avocado wrote:

-chris

I guess the answer “when beating your wife” is just completely inappropriate, huh?[/quote]

No that works. It’s the one a non-english speaker would think is correct. Good thing im not in charge of making ESL exams.

“When should you wear your “wife-beater?””

A) when beating hookers
B) when going to the gym
C) When beating your wife

It makes sense. But as if anyone should care about what I wear in the gym. guys that train at the place i train wear singlets for god sake.

-chris

http://home.san.rr.com/gerryspage/who%20cares.jpg

I can wear a long sleeved button up shirt with a tie and the first comment I will get is about weight lifting.[/quote]

That was always one of my size goals regarding lifting. I figured if I can wear a full suit and still look big, I really am finally big then.

I can wear a long sleeved button up shirt with a tie and the first comment I will get is about weight lifting.[/quote]

Do you wear a long sleeved buttoned up shirt with a tie to the gym? If so, does it rip open during a set of bench presses with you screaming ‘Yeah Buddy!’?

Hey

I’m 51 years old. I dont care what some lil chickie thinks bout me being full of myself. Some 20 year olds dont look has as good as me.

6'1
          218LBS.
          47 IN CHEST
          17 1/2 INCH GUNS
          35 WAIST

Avocado wrote:

-chris

I guess the answer “when beating your wife” is just completely inappropriate, huh?[/quote]

When you are featured on COPS is the correct answer.

Man, now I wish I worked out at a public gym… just so I can lift in a suit and tie!

[quote]Avocado wrote:
“When should you wear your “wife-beater?””

A) when beating hookers
B) when going to the gym
C) When beating your wife[/quote]

The correct answer is:

D) All of the above

[quote]Airtruth wrote:
wow I never would’ve thought wearing a tank top at a gym would be a discussion on here.

There are people who wear mullets and american flag rambo bandana’s to the gym, I don’t think a tank top is a problem.[/quote]

To your first point, no kidding. Only time I laugh is when the person wearing it has a case of Imaginary Lat Syndrome (ILS).

To your second point, there was a dude decked out exactly how you described, but also wearing military pants rolled up, at my gym on monday, never seen him before, he was pretty big and I ended up doing a full squat workout with him. Nice guy once you get past the crazy outfit.

It gets pretty hot here in South Florida so I wear cut offs a fair bit during the day if I’m just lounging around. I actually find I keep cooler in the gym wearing UA loose gear.

[quote]pittsburgh75 wrote:
Hey

I’m 51 years old. I dont care what some lil chickie thinks bout me being full of myself. Some 20 year olds dont look has as good as me.

6'1
          218LBS.
          47 IN CHEST
          17 1/2 INCH GUNS
          35 WAIST[/quote]

I take it by this post that you are, in fact, confirming that you are full of yourself, and not ashamed of it?

I hope someday I can look “has” as good as you, whatever that means.

I sweat buckets. Tank tops means no sweat saturated sleeves binding and hanging on my shoulders. It’s a big deal to me since I spend about an hour boxing before hitting the weights.

I think at the same people look down on those wearing tank tops at the gym, they also say those who wear baggy clothes have ‘muscle dysmorphia.’

Go figure, you just can’t win, with people.

Only thing I have problem with is really fat people wearing very tight clothes to the gym. I mean sure wear what you want it just does not look good though and seems very uncomfortable.

Though if you were very thin and staring at your biceps all the time in the gym in a tank top I would think your typical frat guy though.