Wannabe LEAN! 2020 T-ransformation

Felt great in the gym today! Joints a little dry, especially shoulders (been messing with an AI). Plenty of energy and motivation just lacking a little strength. I blame it on the long day at work and being in a calorie deficit. Woke at 210.0 this mornin!

Plan is to get down to 200 and then bulk super hard back to 225ish or where ever my pants start to get right in the waist.

INCLINE BENCH

bar x 20
75 x 10
105 x 5
135 x 5
165 x 5
195 x 5
225 x 3
195 x 5

BTN press standing

Bar x 10
75 x 10
105 x 10
105 x 10
105 x 10
135 x 10 ( this set done conventional OHP)
75 x 15

DIPS deep nasty shaky dips

15? Lol came out of nowhere

TRICEP ROPE PULLDOWN THINGS

A lot x a lot

The rope just came in the mail today and I like it.

1 Like

Is this just a rope tri Extension? If you have one at home, youā€™re lucky. Straight arm rope pulldowns, face pulls, curls, extensions, overhead extensions, you can tie the rope in a simple knot and do unilateral exercises or just grip both pieces of the rope with one hand for a fat-grip-esque effect, rope crunches, rope rows, Wendler rows, need I go on? Go to work, dude!

My favorite with the tri rope was to do 8 rep sets starting at the bottom plate on the stack, and, taking 30 second rests between sets, go up the stack until I fail before 8 reps, then do a max dropset on every plate all the way down to the bottom, no rest on the dropset.

1 Like
  1. Refer to picture of what I have.

2. I have no idea what half those exercises are but I know what Iā€™ll be googling.

3. I have a combo cable machine. You can sit and do leg extensions, sit and do lat pull downs, stand and do tri pull downs. It has a stack that goes to 165 I believe. It also had some type of butterfly arm things and the ability to to like reverse rows? Sit down and push it out? But I took that junk off.

4. Itā€™s not commercial grade, I got a killer deal on it. Iā€™ve wore the plastic off the cable and grooves the pulleys so to lift 30lbs itā€™s like lifting 50 lol. Itā€™s jext on my list to replace and get something quality. I thought I was getting it but I just used that extra money to buy the wife and I nice kayaks, turns out those build shoulders too!

5. I have the rope, a curved bar, and a straight bar for the pull down thingy. Due to arm/wrist surgeries I canā€™t use the straight bar though.

The straight arm rope pulldown is a lat KILLER, especially with supersets. Do a set of pull-ups to near failure, and grab the rope for a set of 10-15 of them! You donā€™t need a lot of weight, just enough to make yourself miserable, but focus on flexing DURING the eccentric, stretching them at the top, and driving the shoulders down to your feet on the concentric as you pull the rope past your hips. I love that exercise.

Very interesting. Iā€™ve never thought about taking a few steps back and changing the angle/ working different muscles. Iā€™ve got a lot to learn!

1 Like

So does everyone, myself included!

1 Like

Leg day! Woot woot

And the.n I lifted the weight and it wasnā€™t woot woot lol

Back squat

Bar x 10
75 x 10
105 x 5
135 x 5
165 x 3
195 x 3
225 x 3
255 x 3
285 x 1
315 x 1
345 x 0. Tendons still not there.

Front squat

135 x 33 only reason I stopped was I was so sweaty the bar wouldnā€™t stay on me anymore.

Back squat

135 x 40 arms were going to sleep and feet were cramping. Legs still had more.

It is now hard to walk. Highest reps Iā€™ve done by a looong shot. Seem some high rep stuff in other journals and decided to give it a go.

4 Likes

Nice work fella! Thatā€™s awesome :+1:

1 Like

Thanks man! Iā€™m still laying in the floor of my gym. Iā€™m gonna puke if I get up I think.

1 Like

DICK

Haha! Iā€™d be lying if I said I didnā€™t have a certain rep I wanted no to beat, I seem to remember someone doing 33ā€¦

I was gonna bust 50 front squats out, I was feeling so strong, but towards the end I was struggling to keep the bar up, it was all lubed up. (I front squat with arms crossed in front of me).

1 Like

Me too, wrists and shoulders feel like theyā€™ll fall off if I try the clean position. The only thing I run into is strangely enough getting bicep cramps with the crosses arm position. It always happens in the bottom of the squat and I have to stretch out the one cramping arm and stand up slowly while people watch me do what looks like a nazi salute.

Thatā€™s odd. Think youā€™re leaning forward a little and holding the bar in while your bicep is full contracted making it easier to cramp? Have you tried front squatting with the new shoes yet?

Nope, and I want to. I think it was a forward lean due to poor ankle mobility and tight hips, combined with the fact that I keep everything so tight during squats I feel like Iā€™m going to pop.

Youā€™re probably gonna be in a lot better shape with the shoes. They made the biggest difference to my front squat. Do a couple tomorrow when you squat!

1 Like

Skipped yesterdayā€™s workout and ate bad instead :joy: feeling fat and guilty I killed it in the gym today! Felt amazing!

Pull ups
5 (done with a 44ā€ wide grip)
5 (done with a 44ā€ wide grip)

Bent over rows

Bar x 20
75 x 12
105 x 12
135 x 12
135 x 12
135 x 20

Incline bench

Bar x 20
75 x 10
105 x 10
135 x 10
165 x 10
195 x 10

Standing OHP

Bar x 10
75 x 10
105 x 10
135 x 10
165 x 3 shoulder told me no more :joy:

Rope tricep pull downs
Dumbbell curls
Barbell curls
Lateral raises
Rear delt raises
Different type of rear delt raise.

I was smoked after this and felt amazing. Of course now I feel like I never worked out :cry: might workout again later!

Woke up with a freaking cold. In the summer :man_facepalming:

Pushed for time I only got a few lame deadā€™s in. Tomorrow is rest day so I shall use it to further punish my legs and what ever else I feel like.

DEADLIFT

Bar x 20
75 x 20
105 x 10
135 x 10
165 x 10
225 x 5
255 x 5
315 x 5
385 x 5

Rest day. Was supposed to work legs but Iā€™m lazy.

Pull ups

5 BW
5 + 15lbs
5 + 30lbs
3 + 45lbs
20 BW , last few had some serious kip.

@flappinit first body weight rep after the 45 I felt like a rocket leaving the ground, pretty sure my belly button almost went past the bar :joy:.

Straight arm lat pull downs.

Idk the weight, went to full on cramp failure.
After doing that I realized you use a little lat on everything you do with your arms lol.

Olympic lift!!

Clean and jerk
Iā€™ve always wanted to do Olympic lifts and this is the only one I have the mobility for, and even then the wrist mobility isnā€™t there. Doing these on carpet too, that probably doesnā€™t help.

Worked my way up to 195 x 1. My rythym/technique is all out of whack. Gonna work more with these with light weight and see if I can get the movement pattern down.

Now Iā€™m gonna go pound a protein shake, put a giant dip in and watch the coals heat up and grill some bone in ribeyes!

2 Likes

Nice work, and thereā€™s nothing like hot coals and steak. I just cooked a 1/3 lb burger for my wife and a 2/3 lb burger for myself, both with egg mixed into the meat, and goat cheese melted on top, with spinach, tomato, and lite mayo on a wheat bun.

1 Like

Iā€™m in for the log

2 Likes