V-Diet Log --> Abs for Summer

Good point - I’m going to get down to 170 and lose my spare tire.

[quote]H.E. Pennypacker wrote:
Good point - I’m going to get down to 170 and lose my spare tire.[/quote]

Glad to hear it.

How was your HSM today?

Good, I went to a Nepalese restaurant last night and had a salmon/broccoli dish that was amazing. I haven’t been Spartan strict with this diet, but I also haven’t been fiddling with it too much - i.e. having a solid meal a day - as a result I’ve gotten some decent taste bud changes.

I think I enjoy the subtleties of food more now; for instance the taste of freshly squeezed lemon on salmon and broccoli is really pretty incredible. I think that our culture relies far too much on unsubtle food tastes. A big mac tastes good not because of herbs or spices, but because it’s got a lot of fat and sugar in it. Once you can begin to enjoy the subtle aspects of cuisine you don’t need the overpowering fat/salt combo of french fries anymore.

Day 14:

Weighed in at night at 175. So the cheat meal has not done any damage. This upcoming week is going to be a real challenge for me. I have a big paper due Friday, so it’s up to me to make sure I stick to my guns vis-a-vis training and diet while dealing with the stress of a deadline. I don’t think I’m going to train jiu -jitsu this week both because of the time constraints and the difficulties I’ve been having wrestling while on the V-Diet.

Good, I went to a Nepalese restaurant last night and had a salmon/broccoli dish that was amazing.[/quote]

That does sound good, I’m already thinking about what I’m going to be having next sunday. Today I had steak/sweet potato/broccoli.

Did you do your measurements and pics today?

I did my measurements/pics on Friday, and I’m also planning on doing it again next Friday. I jumped the gun since I got my camera and wanted to post something. Also, this Friday I think I’m going to have dinner with my uncle so I want to get my measurements in before my cheat meal. My final weigh-in for the V-Diet, however, will be on Sunday.

I did my measurements/pics on Friday, and I’m also planning on doing it again next Friday. I jumped the gun since I got my camera and wanted to post something. Also, this Friday I think I’m going to have dinner with my uncle so I want to get my measurements in before my cheat meal. My final weigh-in for the V-Diet, however, will be on Sunday.[/quote]

Have you set any goals for your final weigh-in/pics? What is your transition going to look like?

My goals for final weigh-ins: get down to 170 lbs., sport a solid 4-pack, and get my spare tire as small as possible.

As far as my transition, I think I’m going to do one HSM per day for two weeks. Then move to the velocity diet lite - one shake at breakfast and one before bed - until I hit 160 or 165. After that I want to do Chad Waterbury’s 10/10 transformation.

My goals for final weigh-ins: get down to 170 lbs., sport a solid 4-pack, and get my spare tire as small as possible.

As far as my transition, I think I’m going to do one HSM per day for two weeks. Then move to the velocity diet lite - one shake at breakfast and one before bed - until I hit 160 or 165. After that I want to do Chad Waterbury’s 10/10 transformation.

[/quote]

Sounds like a good plan. How long do you think you’ll be on the lite version? would you mind linking to the 10/10 transformation I haven’t heard of it before.

What are some of your hsm ideas? Are you sticking to a steak, sweet potato, green veg type of thing or are you going to get creative?

I think I’ll do the one HSM for at least two weeks. I really like drinking the shakes since it saves so much time you would have to spend shopping, cooking, and cleaning up. After that I’ll stick to the lite version until I start the 10/10 program.

What’s your plan?

10/10 is a book sold on CW’s website. Basically a 12 week program alternating 3 week bulking and cutting phases. I’m looking foward to trying to put on some muscle. Funny thing about this diet for a guy, really forces you to admit how little muscle you have. Before I had more bulk, but it was fat.

Day 15:

I’m doing CW’s ABBH.

Today’s Workout

Deadlifts 8 x 3 - 135 (I’ve hurt my back before, now I’ll really focusing on form, and improving my flexibility, before I try and increase weight)

Leg Raises 8 x 3 - Bodyweight done from chin-up bar

Seated Calf Raises 8 x 3 - 90

Done as a circuit with 60s rest between each exercise.

Is anyone else surprised that some otherwise accomplished and intelligent people train in a manner that can only be called moronic? I really noticed today in my school’s gym that the average gym goer trains like a chicken with its head cut off, no rhyme or reason to anything. Is it really that hard to find, and read, a book on strength training?

Here’s a photo that demonstrates my need to improve two very important things before I look good: losing that f’ing gut and getting a tan.

I’m also flexing here, which I wasn’t doing in my other photos.

I think this photo really illustrates how much my lower gut ruins my physique. At this point in my life all I want is to get rid of that gut. I have 13 weeks until memorial day, and I’m terrified it’s going to be another summer where I’m embarrassed to take off my shirt.

Is anyone else surprised that some otherwise accomplished and intelligent people train in a manner that can only be called moronic? I really noticed today in my school’s gym that the average gym goer trains like a chicken with its head cut off, no rhyme or reason to anything. Is it really that hard to find, and read, a book on strength training?[/quote]

The most common thing I see is people not working out their legs…they complete avoid it. This one guy has toothpicks and it looks silly, since he just focuses on his upper body. I saw one guy come in everyday second day and all he ever did was workout his arms. I wondered how long he’d keep it up for. After a month he stopped showing up.

I was one of those people that would just randomly do exercises based on what I felt like doing. However, since I’ve joined here I’ve been on a program and following it. I think a lot of people at the gym don’t fully know what they’re doing. However, I feel my knowledge and understanding has grown leaps and bounds in a short while. Although, I acknowledge I still have lots to learn.

Starting to feel like I’m hitting a wall. I’ve lost 25 lbs since last August, when I was at my all time fattest - 200. I feel much better now, and I look thinner, but I still have my spare tire. I’ve had that since I went through puberty, and I’m sick of it.

I’m starting to worry that the remaining 15 lbs are going to be very hard to lose. My scale weight is not budging, I’ve lost the easy weight and now I feel like I have to ratchet it up a notch, but I’m already on the v-diet. Just frustrated I guess, nothing to do but eat clean and work out hard.

Day 16:

Food Log:
5 Shakes w/ 2 scoops (will have final shake in 3 hours)
4 Servings Milled Flax
8 Flameout Caps
1 Tbs. PB, Natural
1 Multivitamin

Did 1 hour NEPA while listening to a book on the crusades.

I think I have a really bad fat storage pattern. My body looks fine except for a disgusting roll of fat around my lower abs. I’ve lost 25 pounds, but its still there. I hope if I lose 15 more it’ll go away, but I’m not convinced.

Day 17:

Frustrated. Weightlifting is hard on this diet, I’m doing CW’s ABBH and I did Bench/Row today w/ 10x3. I missed my last rep. At the same time my weight this morning was 173.8, so I’m not getting any stronger or losing any weight.

Day 17:

Frustrated. Weightlifting is hard on this diet, I’m doing CW’s ABBH and I did Bench/Row today w/ 10x3. I missed my last rep. At the same time my weight this morning was 173.8, so I’m not getting any stronger or losing any weight.[/quote]

you’ll drive yourself crazy weighing yourself everyday. relax and wait til your next hsm. also, its possible your gaining muscle and losing fat, which will show in the pics. keep up the good work and don’t worry too much.

Thanks. You’re absolutely right, no more daily weigh-ins.

Thanks. You’re absolutely right, no more daily weigh-ins.[/quote]

I had the same problem of weighing myself every day and being unhappy with the lack of change. I decided to only weigh and do my measurements sunday morning.

How is your week going so far?

Week is fine. Busy with working on a paper. This is my third week, so I’m not worried about finishing the diet, I’m just concerned I won’t succeed in making it to 170. I do have a month to get to 170, I just want to make sure I do since I’m going to be competing in a BJJ tournament. Also, I’m a bit frustrated with my bench, I just can’t seem to increase the weight. Really sucks to be just as weak as I was last year, or for that matter, five years ago.

How about you?