(Un)Official 2023 T-ransformation Challenge

I just figure the fats in the Flameout would slow down digestion of the protein for increase satiability. I could imagine Hot-Rox having the reverse effect, although the caffeine would act as an appetite suppressant too.

Perhaps time the Vascepa with the shakes for a similar effect?

EDIT: I realized I wrote satiability when I meant “satiety”, but also discovered they’re BOTH words, so that’s cool.

2 Likes

So how is everyone doing ? My weight is stable at around 88KG. Strongman comp in 2 weeks where I need to be under 90KG for my weight class so no issues there. Going on a 2 week vacation straight after the comp so that may present a few transformation challenges.

I will basically have just under 6 weeks when I get back from holiday to the end date for this challenge. Plan will be to program a simple strength block with moderate intensity and pair that with 3-4 days of conditioning and control, the food intake. Will be interesting to see what 5-6 weeks of focus can do.

13 Likes

Weight is still right around 280 lbs in the morning (but I have oblique definition if I flex). Going to tighten up the diet the last 2 months and ramp up the high heart rate work, keeping up with my treadmill walking.

I feel like even though I havent hit what I thought I would for weight loss I have recmped a bit. My back and shoulders definite feel bigger in my t-shirts and I feel different parts of my car seat hitting my back now (weird I know, but you get very use to what you drive in everyday so easy to spot a difference)

11 Likes

Doing my check in/progress tracking:

Weight from ~183lbs to 170lbs. Looking a lot leaner and feeling way better. Found some neat things to put into my training

Pic on right is without a pump but with cool lighting

19 Likes

subtle flex. here for it.

1 Like

Great example of how getting lean can give a more muscular look. Good job.

4 Likes

1/2/2023 212.1lbs
2/27/2023 180.2
3/20/2023 170.1 this morning after a refeed this weekend
098619afbc3eec6fc36669de70333096f838c1be_2_375x500
d6fee0630e35f05fa62c1789f2e8458b89928ee2_2_375x500

17 Likes

I’m down 16lbs, from 240-224. From here 215 would be goal to hit, but 205 would be great. I have eight weeks of paternity leave starting around first week of June. Lots of time to train, eat and lay by pool for motivation to keep pushing.

4 Likes

Holy shit!

5 Likes

I’m down from 195 to 185-ish, depending on the day. I’d like to get to the mid to low 170s.

I experienced a drop in strength immediately, as soon as I lost the first few pounds and dramatically reduced carbs. The strength loss seems to have stopped and I seem to be slowly regaining strength. Based on what I’ve read, this seems unusual?

2 Likes

I peaked at 235 lb at the end of my Super Squats run (27Feb23). Currently back down to 228. Green line below is the rolling 7-day average. Purple line is actual day-to-day weight. This is starting from mid-November. Making progress.

7 Likes

Not a lot to show, ive had other things going on but made some progress:

9 Likes

Was actually 160.2 saterday morning but had a refeed over the weekend.

1 Like

Jesus man, contender for the win right here. Nice work.

3 Likes

Thanks, really appreciate it. Only leaner from here going back to jitz

1 Like

I’d ask if you cut off a leg, but clearly you didn’t. That’s an insane amount of weight loss (50lbs) in 2.5 months.

3 Likes

Curious if this is your first kid? I don’t know if your plans are gonna happen the way you think. I remember having a lot of plans too and none of them happened.

1 Like

Fourth kid. Garage gym workouts while kids play in driveway and HOA pools during day to get them out of house while wife rests with baby.

BJJ at night and early morning is only iffy thing.

1 Like

First day back after getting COVID last week.
First time I got it from the inception, so a little annoyed I didn’t go the distance :slight_smile:

Just swimming today, but managed to get my 30 laps in 10 seconds less than the last time I did it about 2 weeks ago, so that isn’t so bad.

Down to 208.4 after doing the Velocity for a week, so hopefu that my weights sessions starting tomorrow are going to increase that weight loss, maybe put some muscle on my very disproportioned upper body lol

2 Likes

Maybe a little leaner in the legs, maybe a little bigger in the shoulders. Hard to tell. Will get another bodyscan done through work and compare in a month

14 Likes