Two Week Cycle and Workout

I figured out what I think caused my mid back pain on Monday. Again, during those box squats the weight went up fine and there was zero compromise on the form. Well, today when I got to the DragonFlags, my sore back went up on the pain factor right away. This exercise is a real tough son/bitch. I noticed there is significant core musculature involved along with the abs, and that's what sparked the strain I think. It must not have fully recuperated from those which I did last Thursday before that Mondays Squats. 

It’s a terrific exercise though, and I really feel it in the abs.

So I’m hoping it will just strengthen the core over a little time and all should be fine again. Kind of sucked cause the strain was a little more bearable today, and then came right back, but it feels good, if that makes any sense, and now I know where the strain came from. So, that makes me happy. I am unable to do the concentric part of the exercise without knee flexion on the way back up, but can get the negative all the way down with my back completely off the bench, and torso nice and staight all the way down.

Being a weak abbed mofo, I’m pretty happy to be able to do that, and it can only get better. Brutal exercise though, but I love it now, ha, haa.

TODAYS WORKOUT: LEGS/ABS

DYNAMIC WARM UPS: 3X10, BAR/3X5.

SPLIT SQUATS DB: 3X5 each leg. (HEAVY AS POSS).
LT: 20/5, 35/5, 40/5, 40/5.
TT: 30/6, 40/5, 42.5/5, 42.5/5. (wider stance too)

LEG CURLS: HAMMER STRENGTH 3X10
Slightly less weight, due to just a different machine than mine at home, so not really an accurate measure of progress. That’s my excuse anyway, ha, haa.
LT:50/7+, 85/10, 105/10, 105/8.
TT:55/10, 75/10, 95/8, 90/8.

SEATED CALVES: 2X15, 1X50. 5IN/5STRAIGHT/5OUT,(TOE PLACING)
LT:70/15, 70/15, 60/24-40/34-20/50 (STRIPPED)
TT:45/15, 70/15, 80/14, 45/49

The 1x50 is a partial ROM movement blood pumper, burns nice

DRAGON FLAGS: 2X10 FUCKING BRUTAL
LT: 7, 6.
TT: 7, 6. If my back wasn’t still sore, I could have gotten more, but I didn’t want to aggravate it any further.
Negative is perfect form, positive I go back up with knees at a 90 degree angle basicly just to get back in the top position, Still kicks major ass on abs like this. At some point in the future, I should/might be able to start doing the positive part of the movement with torso remaining straight. That’s a bitch and a half though, try it and you’ll see.

STANDING CABLE CRUNCH: 3X10 each leg forward.
LT: 40/10, 40/10, 40/10. each leg.
TT: 30/10, 50/10, 60/10. each leg.

So, good workout, up on most stuff, leg curls were different but felt good even though it wasn't a fair comparison to my home cam drive unit. Found out the back problem for this week, so at least I know what's going on there. All in all, a good morning guys. I'll be starting shots on Monday, and the box squats will start the changing set/rep scheme then too. So, I'm hoping the back is sufficiently recuperated by Monday, and that it doesn't happen again. Even though it regressed today, I think it has to strengthen from it, it feels more like just taxed muscles than any injury type of pain/strain.

Diet is going great, pretty low on carbs and vascularity is coming back this week from this stricter diet action too, so that's cool. School starting Monday also, so most if not all workouts will be at 5:00am, so I'll have to get the sleep cycle adjusted to going to bed earlier, I'll be gobbling down some melatonin to help with this along with ZMA about an hour before beddy bye...

later guys,

ToneBone

[quote]InTheZone wrote:

Thanks to Schwarz and the rest of you for hanging in there to motivate me at least, and sorry if this has gotten tedious and/or boring to any of you.

ToneBone[/quote]

Haha, it’s not boring Tone man. Keep logging, we will keep reading. I’m sending you an email shortly to keep myself a little extra accountable when I want to skip a meal or sleep through my cardio.

[quote]Scott M wrote:
InTheZone wrote:

Thanks to Schwarz and the rest of you for hanging in there to motivate me at least, and sorry if this has gotten tedious and/or boring to any of you.

ToneBone

Haha, it’s not boring Tone man. Keep logging, we will keep reading. I’m sending you an email shortly to keep myself a little extra accountable when I want to skip a meal or sleep through my cardio. [/quote]

Hey TB, I’m watching the show too! I appreciate all the effort you put into the details, that’s what makes the log interesting to read, to see the changes from workout to workout.

JR

[quote]Scott M wrote:
InTheZone wrote:

ToneBone

Haha, it’s not boring Tone man. Keep logging, we will keep reading. [/quote]

+1

Sorry Tone, I’ve been very unfair - I’ve been lurking this whole time and not really posting.

I am very interested in your diet on this cycle - I will be going low carb (AD specifically) when I start my next bad boy.

Looks like quite a workload you’ve got there too (not in a bad way). I’ll be sticking with low volume (DC) for the forseeable future and I’ll be interested to see how it goes on cycle (I’ve always used HFT/EDT style stuff on cycle before).

Thank you for keeping such detailed logs, I always enjoy your anabolic adventures, lol. Seriously though there are so few logs out there for the “interesting” cycles, which are precisely the ones we want to hear about!

Great work TB,

Dave

Scott, Jelly, and Dave, thanks guys for the comments. That helps drive me forward and is mentally rewarding to me to hear it.

I’ve left diet out of the thread to try and keep it compact and unclogged too much. Now that you mention the AD though Dave, I have to say, when I follow it either to the letter, or even when I toss in some maltodex for that first post wkout shake, it really leans me out like nobodys business. I would just rather get my insulin spike after the wkout from simple carbs, to insure it’s solid, and rely on AAS for the “anabolic response” vs. DiPasquale’s weekend carb up.

I do it this way with maybe just one or two moderate carb portions on the weekend instead of the steady stream that he calls for. I get my insulin spike when I need it post wkout, and I get my bodyfat down even though not being in actual "fat burning" mode from very low carb weekly. So it's a win win for me this way. The other way you're working out, and you may or may not get that extra edge after carb loading on you subsequent one or two workouts, and then what, the later wkouts of the week you don't. So I didn't really like that. 

Right now I'm sittin at right about 200 lbs. but leaner than a month ago at the same weight. I lose body fat a little slower, but keep more muscle growth and retain it better. If I need or want to get really lean quickly, well then yeah the AD strict, with one day weekend carb up does it like nothing else. 

Anyway, I just finished mauling down a chicken/habanero burger patty and two cups of raw spinach two celery, two tblsp Kens no carb creamy caesar, and 1/2 cup of low fat cottage. Threw the cottage in too, but didn't really need to. This is my technique. If I feel I  had a particularly strenuous wkout, I'll get in a little more than the usual breakdown of carbs for that first postwkout real meal, or second in this case. Went really low first one, so evened out on this one. Anyway I'm rambling my ass off. Thanks again guys, love to hear from great friends like you all.

asta la vista,
                    ToneBone

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:
I bin watching too!

Bushy[/quote]

Ha, haaa... there he is, the old mizer at what now,...34? I think I told you already, but in case I didn't Happy Belated Birthday you old coot!!

I got mine coming in less than a month here. I'll be a geyserly 43 and holding...MWAHAHAHAAAA!!

ToneBone

uhhhhh DUH?!?! Bored?! this is the shit we live for! lol we wake up and think about nutrition and training, go through the work day watching the clock until we get to go lift, (chiming in on some forums in there :wink: ) after lifting we go home knock down a PWO shake and log on hoping tone’s got another update for us! Detailed , yes and thats the best thing about it! keep on keeping on mane!

[quote]Game_over wrote:
uhhhhh DUH?!?! Bored?! this is the shit we live for! lol we wake up and think about nutrition and training, go through the work day watching the clock until we get to go lift, (chiming in on some forums in there :wink: ) after lifting we go home knock down a PWO shake and log on hoping tone’s got another update for us! Detailed , yes and thats the best thing about it! keep on keeping on mane![/quote]

Ok you got me on that one. You know I'd like to point something out now. When I think of all the years I spent training with my friends when I was single, I have to say, I have learned more and had more fun now from the people who are "obsessed" like myself on this site, than I ever did back then. Sure you can't beat going to the gym regularly with great friends and training partners, but though I always had well structured routines and used good form etc, I didn't know a fraction of what I now know about nutrition and training thanks to all of you guys, along with reeducating myself with anatomy and other classes in my quest for a career change. 

Now that I'm older and "settled down", with a beautiful wife and kid, you guys are all I really have to get psyched and motivated etc when training towards goals. My wife isn't in to it, and no one around me is either. I have one old friend from way, way back in the day, who comes over around once, sometimes twice a week, to lift with me at my home gym, and that's it. Even he looks to me for advice etc, so I guess that's why I really notice and appreciate it when you guys chime in on my various threads and all. 

I really don’t know what I would be training like if it wasn’t for the internet and this great site. You guys have filled a huge gap in my personal life that sort of “disapeared” after getting hitched and growing older and having all the old guys move away and all with their families too. You know, it’s never the same after you commit to a family lifestyle, for good and some bad I suppose. Anyway, that’s just something I thought of and felt like letting you guys know about. I would be kind of down if I didn’t have other “obsessive” chaps like you around to talk to…You’re absolutely right Game, and you got me thinking on it…

cheers!

Did you get my PM, Tone?

Good last post Tone and I really appreciate your sincerity you bring to your threads. I’m in a similar boat with my peers, most don’t train, those who do aren’t serious etc etc…

That’s what I and I’m sure many others like yourself use these forums for and it’s very nice that we can interact with people from across the country(and world in some cases) to get the sort of comradery that we miss in our daily lives. Looking forward to more from you in the future.

[quote]Scott M wrote:
Good last post Tone and I really appreciate your sincerity you bring to your threads. I’m in a similar boat with my peers, most don’t train, those who do aren’t serious etc etc…

That’s what I and I’m sure many others like yourself use these forums for and it’s very nice that we can interact with people from across the country(and world in some cases) to get the sort of comradery that we miss in our daily lives. Looking forward to more from you in the future.[/quote]

Thanks Scott, I figure there's a good portion of us in that situation, sure is nice to have each other around here to shoot ideas off of and learn different shit from. Do I cuss too much? MWAHAHAHAHAAA!

TBN
 Let's get down to business...

Holy mutha fuck are my abs sore as fucking hell from those dragon flags, wow, those are a frickin beast.

BACK:

PRONE BB ROWS: 5X7.

LT: 95/8, 115/7, 135/7, 135/7, 135/7, 135/7-95/17.STRIP SET
TT: 95/7, 135/7, 135/7, 145/7, 145/7, 145/7. NO STRIP.

CHEST: Did flat bench for chest on Fri/Tue, switched around to compare deep ass dips to those for chest stimulation and delt side effects/issues. Happy to say dips taxed chest much better, and right now the left delt feels absolutely great, no tightness as is the norm. So, dips are in from here out for chest work. Broke in lightly of course though to check things out. Fuck when I was doing DC off the last drol/winstrol cycle I was back to doing deep ones with 60 extra pounds strapped. Oh well.

DEEP ASS DIPS: 3X20,15,10 With weight assistance today, not to be confused with added weight.

+70lbs/20, +50/15, +20/10. very strict and deep as hell.

REAR LATERAL RAISE: 2X20, ADDED EXTRA SET FOR 3X20 SCHWARZ.

LT: 10/20, 15/20.
TT: 10/20, 15/20, 15/20.

DB PREACHER CURLS: 3X10.

LT: 20/15, 30/10, 35/7(9), 30/10. (ASSISTED)
TT: 20/20, 30/10, 35/6(8),9(10), 35/6(10),10.
First number is left arm, second is right, parentheses is assisted reps by partner

DB KICKBACKS: 3X10 STRICT WITH 1 SEC CONTRACTION HOLDS.

LT: 25/10, 30/10, 25/10. Integrity of ROM and contraction hold compromised too much. Got full extension, but better done with that 1 second hold in my opinion, thus the drop back to 25 lbs.
TT: 15/15, 25/12, 25/12, 25/15.

BB PREACHER CURLS: 3X10.

LT: 60/10, 80/6(8), 80/6(7), 60/10-40/18 STRIP SET
TT: 60/10, 80/6(7), 80/6, 60/10-40/18 STRIP SET

TRICEP PUSHDOWNS: 3X10

LT: 40/15, 70/10, 80/10, 90/8.
TT: 50/8, 80/10, 90/10, 90/8.
My abs were screaming from the pressure during these as a result of those damned sweet dragon flags. Holy hullabaloo.

SINGLE ARM BAND ROWS: 100 REP 5X20 CONSECUTIVE EACH ARM.

LT: 20,20,20,20,20
TT: 20,20,20,20,20

Broke the band yet again, so it’s gotten shorter and shorter ha,haaaa… But my buddy ordered 3 pairs of jump flex bands from elite fitness for us, so no worries there. We got the mini, the mini monster, and the light strength bands which are truly savagely strong I believe. Going to incorporate those in the delt circuit band work for more resistance, the single arm 100rep rows, and possibly with benching or squat/dead stuff somewhere down the road.

Well there we are boys. I'm debating right now whether to start the injec on Monday, or just say fuck it and do a 1ml shot in the glute right now for a kind of "mini front load" of sorts to the whole thing, ha,haaa.

That’s the plan though is .5ml Mon/Wed, and 1ml on Fridays to get through the extra day of no shots,(Sunday). But I’m thinking why not get that shot in now and see if I get a little help on Mondays box squats no? Not to mention this has been a pretty good week and it would help recovery over the weekend.

I'll be back later guys,

ToneBone

mmmmmm mmmmm good! Gotta love DEEP dips and dragon flags! I’ll tell you what tone, on the days i use those for my ab training i have to walk around for 5 min. just so i feel like i can breathe again! You’re right they’re intense. As far as the dips go, shit you’ll be strapin on plates in no time at all :wink:

If you have the will power to wait until monday to shoot my hats off to ya lol, guess im kinda sick in the way that i sort of “crave” days i inject on when i start goin. Then again you had a nasty experience before, alothough im sure that was a fluke and this round will go smooth like butta!
Good luck make it an intense couple of weeks!

Got to hand it to you on the dragon flags. I never feel them in the abs, just seems to kill my lower back.

Thanks Game, ZZ, well I just did it guys.
Hooteyhoooo ha, haaa. I would be a bold faced liar if I didn’t say I was somewhat frightened all over again man.
Having gone through the dark side just that one time which was a disaster, this was no walk in the park…

My hand was shaking pretty good, I moved that pin all over the place trying to pull back with the one hand and shit, but finally saw the bubbles and got it in. Not a drop of blood, nice and clean. Whew, glad it's over and though it wasn't anything near as nerve wracking as the first time, it still had me trippin a little bit. It actually went in a little harder than my other 4 shots from before did, but didn't hit any nerve and after a little bit it went right on in.

What a wonderful glute shot. Damn, breathing a sigh of relief and chowin down on a nice big plate of my seafood lasagna from the other night now.

I figured wtf, why wait till Monday, with any luck I might get something out of it by then, and might get a little recovery over the weekend too, but maybe not. Anyway, fuck it, the bigger shot of the week is done, now I just got two delt or quad shots at a measly .5ml each to go. So, good to go. Thanks for stoppin by fellas, I'll talk to you guys later!!

YEEEHAAAAAAAAWWWWWW!!!

ToneBone

P.S. just to clarify this 1ml shot was right around 200 and some odd mg of test phenylprop/masteron. I will look back in the Bushy files to get the specific ratios of each again for us.

Morning Update:

Unbelievable and awesome! Gentlemen I’m happy to report that the day after the fact, I have absolutely zero pain whatsoever from said glute shot. This is indeed in stark contrast to the original vials shots effects. To me this lends credence to the POSSIBILITY that maybe, just maybe, the other vial was contaminated somehow from the get go.

With that one, I felt every damn shot, even as low as .5ml worth, within hours every time. So I'm really leaning towards that conclusion. Whether it happened over the pond somehow at my dear old friends abode, or whether I did something as originally thought, accidents happen, and something must have contaminated it. Who knows, but it does make me feel better, as some of the test subjects were reporting little pain, where I was reporting massive amounts of pain that lingered on for days on end. So now I can say our good mans goods have me feeling no pain at all. I feel great, and now I know I'm not a pussy, ha, haaa. Seriously though, I knew I had a good tolerance for pain, and was frustrated that people might not believe me about the pain the first go round, attributing it to "oh, he's a noob", you know? At any rate, the elixir went in smooth as silk, and I'm stoked!

I'm curious to see how the rest of the shots go too. Weird as I was moving the pin around a decent amount too. I truly believe it was just too much test hitting my system too fast that caused the problems before as far as test sides,(gyno scare). Remember that was my first injec, and though Bill R recommends over a gram a week for shortys, one has to  realize a noob system is still having to deal with a huge amount of phenylproprionate ester flooding the system very rapidly, thus the sides I had.
    So I'm really not sure if I should run the adex at this lower dose or not. I thought .25 ed, which is overkill probably, now maybe .25 eod I guess. Might not even need it at this low dose like prisoner was saying to me last night. Whatever, let the power flow now.

It's all good in da hood.

happy as a fly on shit boys,

ToneBone
    Gents,

still zero pain anywhere in sight, and took .25mg/adex today. Feeling superb! Getting ready to do a bit of forearm demolition right now.

ciao,

ToneBone

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:
Good stuff my amigo, Keep us posted yes?

Personally, I felt every one of the TPP shots that I did myself, but it’s erly days for you and I suspect that you won’t get away entirely painfree :wink:

Hopefully no more ‘heartrate hijinks’ though :wink:

Bushy[/quote]

Most definitely will be posting galore now. And I know I may be in for a "bite" once hitting the delts/quads again, but it appears to be a whole different animal this go round so far, as there's nothing as far as  pain still, and last time, didn't matter where I shot,(glute/quad/delt), there was crazy pain, literally within hours every time with no difference whether it was a 2ml shot or a .5ml, so it's like a whole new day and the sun is literally "BEAMING" down upon me now!

Just happy to be able to report back with the positive news that would have been so nice to post about on that first round with everyone else. Better late than never though eh, and at least I got through the other episode as harrowing as it was in one piece!

Looking forward to bringing excellent reviews on some decent moderate gains this coming week then my friend(s). Almost tempted to run with 1/2 the original dose at 600mg/week now....I'll think on it, Monday is the decision day, just don't want to slam a full 1ml in delts if the quads get semi-crippled from a 1ml shot. But since the original 2 vials were for 2 or more weeks, I could get two weeks out of half original dose, with better gains as well, or the flip side would be go with my original plan here with .5ml Mon/Wed, and get a longer shorty out of it.

I'm thinking 600/week might be the best route. I'll think on it some more, I really don't want any problems with training legs though, yet if they go as good as this glute shot went, then it wouldn't be a problem.

But as Bushy said, it’s early yet, and I shouldn’t logically be able to get out of the park scott free as far as pain, but who knows. Maybe Captain Karma will look down on me and extend an olive branch of painfree shooting since I had to go through hell the first time, ha, haaa!

cheers gang,

be back with a forearm wkout logging in a bit now,
ToneBone