Two Week Cycle and Workout

[quote]InTheZone wrote:
Thanks bug, they’re nice you know? They are easy to do, produce very good results, and are economical sound. And the main thing which I first became interested in them as a result of, is the lack of sides if you keep it to 2-3 weeks duration. I like to stay at 2, others ride it through 3.

And thanks for the comments. It’s nice to be recognized for something positive. Give em a go, I think you’ll like it. Of course, it depends on compounds and diet/training as you know for difft results, but the foundation is sound throughout.

ToneBone

[/quote]

Well, you’ve convinced me :smiley:

For some reason oral winny and Adrol are difficult to come by in this country (at least through my “channels”), but I think if I put some effort into it it won’t be a problem.

BTW, that’s a cool JEM in your avatar… Yours?

[quote]Humbug wrote:
InTheZone wrote:
Thanks bug, they’re nice you know? They are easy to do, produce very good results, and are economical sound. And the main thing which I first became interested in them as a result of, is the lack of sides if you keep it to 2-3 weeks duration. I like to stay at 2, others ride it through 3.

And thanks for the comments. It’s nice to be recognized for something positive. Give em a go, I think you’ll like it. Of course, it depends on compounds and diet/training as you know for difft results, but the foundation is sound throughout.

ToneBone

Well, you’ve convinced me :smiley:

For some reason oral winny and Adrol are difficult to come by in this country (at least through my “channels”), but I think if I put some effort into it it won’t be a problem.

BTW, that’s a cool JEM in your avatar… Yours?[/quote]

No that's one of Steve's, but yes I do have one. I painted it too. Looks mean. silver white marbilizer over black, candied over and blended together with cobalt blue and lime green to match the green flower pattern on the neck. 

TBN

[quote]InTheZone wrote:
No that’s one of Steve’s, but yes I do have one. I painted it too. Looks mean. silver white marbilizer over black, candied over and blended together with cobalt blue and lime green to match the green flower pattern on the neck.

TBN[/quote]

Ok. Sounds like quite a paint job! I have a PGM 90 HAM myself. Not really a big fan of PG, but this guitar is wonderful.

[quote]InTheZone wrote:
Scott M wrote:
Tone I always enjoy your logs, it’s interesting to see your experiments “live” as they unfold.

Hi Scott, pleasant surprise. How've you been man? You channeling some decent aggression in the gym there these days my friend? Lol. I appreciate it buddy.

TBN[/quote]

For the first time in a while I can actually answer that with I’m doing great. Look out for an email from me in the next few days. Good luck with your training and “supplements” this go round.

[quote]Scott M wrote:
InTheZone wrote:
Scott M wrote:
Tone I always enjoy your logs, it’s interesting to see your experiments “live” as they unfold.

Hi Scott, pleasant surprise. How've you been man? You channeling some decent aggression in the gym there these days my friend? Lol. I appreciate it buddy.

TBN

For the first time in a while I can actually answer that with I’m doing great. Look out for an email from me in the next few days. Good luck with your training and “supplements” this go round. [/quote]

Excellent, this is 2008, it's a new year and it's ready to be a great one for you, just let yourself let it be that Scott. Keep positive people around you as best you can. Weed out the bullshit peeps as best you can. This is the key. I'll be looking for it buddy. Glad you're doing great, that's awesome.

TBN

Wednesday, Jan16/07.

Hi guys. I have the slightly altered new routine which is incorporating some chest work now since the delts are coming along. Nothing crazy yet mind you, but they’re in there. Changing some grips on pull ups and bent over rows. Swapping out prone to supine on pull ups, and supine to prone on the bent over rows. So, I’ll finish out this week with the new routine, and then start it over on Monday once more so I don’t miss out on the first two days with the revised adjustments made. Also, this will be the last month with the adjusting sets/reps on the specific movements where that changes week to week.

Other adjustments are in there, like the split squats going from 3X10, to a now heavier 3X5 each leg with DB’s vs. the bar. This is good because I can go heavier, without being in a rather precarious position in case I was to dump it with the bar from failure or whatnot. Now I could simply drop the DB’s in an emergency. Anyway, here it is guys.

M0NDAY-LEGS/ABS/DELT REHAB.

BOX SQUAT: 4X6, 5X5, 6X4. (weeks 1,2,3).
STEP UPS: 3X6 each leg, alternating.
RDL: 3X10.
CALVES:2X15 (5in/5straight/5out)1X50(short movements)

WOOD CHOPPER: (regular/diagonal movement) 3X10. ea. side.
CABLE SIDE BEND: 3X10 each side.
CABLE HIP FLEXION: 3X10 each leg.

DELT CIRCUIT: 4X15. (Diesel Crew/youtube, #2)

TUESDAY-BACK/CHEST/TRAPS/ARMS/DELT

PULL UPS: (swapped grip to supine) 4X7.
FLAT DB BENCH: 3X20,15,10.
DB SHRUGS: (swapped from BB to DB) 3X15.
FACE PULLS: 3X15.
BB CURLS: 3X10 (SUPERSETTING ARMS FOR TIME SAVINGS)
LYING TRI EXTENSIONS: 3X10
SINGLE ARM LATERAL RAISE: 5X20 (rapid succession each arm, 100rep total)

WEDNESDAY-DELTS/FOREARMS

DELT CIRCUIT: 4X15 (DIESEL CREW #2)
DB REVERSE WRIST CURLS: off bench/3X15.
BB WRIST CURLS BEHIND BACK: 3X15.

THURSDAY-LEGS/ABS

SPLIT SQUATS: 3X5 EACH LEG (DB’s, and HEAVY).
LEG CURLS: 3X10. (no glute/ham raise at gym).
CALVES: 2X15, 1X50.

DRAGON FLAGS: 2X10. (very difficult move, best as possible)
STANDING CABLE CRUNCH: 2X10 each side. (one leg in front)

FRIDAY-BACK/CHEST/DELT/ARMS/LOW BACK PUMP.

PRONE GRIP BB BENT OVER ROW:(middle finger on rings) 5X7.
DB FLAT BENCH: 3X20,15,10.
CABLE SCARECROWS: 2X15 (like the band pull aparts).
DB PREACHER CURLS: 3X10.
DB KICKBACKS: 3X10.
SINGLE ARM CABLE ROW: 5X20 (another 100rep scheme, rapid succession each arm to 100 each)

DELT CIRCUIT-(DIESEL CREW #2) 4X15

SATURDAY-FOREARMS EXTENDED.

REVERSE GRIP DB WRIST CURLS: 3X15
STANDING BB WRIST CURLS: 3X15
REVERSE GRIP PREACHER CURLS: 3X15.

Well there it is boys. I through in the extra day of forearms on Saturday. I think it looks great. Those split squats are really going to be productive with the heavier weight and lower reps now. Yeah man!!

So I'm stoked guys, and hopefully one week into this or two at the most I should have a two weeker ready to go. Schwarz is going to give me an all new and different routine after this month to continue on my journey guys. What a guy. Well, hope you enjoy the ride as much as I'm going to. I'll be letting you know as much pertinent info as possible guys.

later,
                 ToneBone

Tone, Looks good man :). You always have your work cut out for you. Keep it up.

[quote]tico1028 wrote:
Tone, Looks good man :). You always have your work cut out for you. Keep it up. [/quote]

Yeah, I'm on my way back up the food chain, ha, haa. Thanks man, hope you're hitting it hard too.

ToneBone

Tone let me know if you got my email sent tonight at around 10:15, my service might have swallowed it so if not I’ll rewrite it.

Whew! Wow man...ha,haaa. Todays workout.

LEGS/ABS

5 min walk
dynamic warm ups series(walknglunge/buttkicks/lunge/sidelunge-circuit 2X10 each).
45lb bar warm up. (RDL/CLEAN/FRTSQUAT/PUSHPRESS) 3X5.
one smooth circuit 3 TIMES

SPLIT SQUATS: 3X5 EACH LEG DB’s. (HEAVY)
20/5, 35/5, 40/5, 40/5. first time w/DB’s. dropped trail leg’s knee to ground each rep. whew, beaaaaccchhhh!

LEG CURLS: 3X10. STRONGER.
50/10, 85/10, 105/9, 105/8

SEATED CALVES: 2X15, 1X50 (partial reps)
90/15, 90/15, 60/25-40/35-20/50 (stripped set)

DRAGON FLAGS: 2X10 BRUTAL EXERCISE. (BRUCE LEE)
7, 6. Had to bend at knees to get up on positive part of exercise. Torso straight and down fairly far, almost what I would consider correctly or perfect on the way down. Kept back off bench throughout. Wow, these are a bitch.

STANDING CABLE CRUNCH: 2X10 EACH LEG (split stance).
40/10, 40/10, 40/10. Did three sets since the dragon flags were compromised due to weak ass abs…lol.

Damn, felt good tonight. One knee felt slightly thrashed from the split squats, but not bad. Felt abs for sure after doing the dragon flags best as possible. Those are sure to strengthen core and abs.

Will definitely work on upping the DB weight on split squats, but they are a bitch as anyone who has done them will know. Last months last workout topped off with two sets of these with the bar instead with a weight of 75 lbs. So actually dropped the reps by half, but added 5 pounds. First workout back from the deload too so, I guess I’m happy. I know they kicked my ass pretty good though.

Great little workout tonight. Thanks Schwarz for tossing in the Dragon Flags. Unique and brutal ab exercise. Well, that's all for now guys. Will update tomorrow again. 

See Ya,

ToneBone

Hey tone. Glad you like the changes. I know you can push those split squats heavier than that. My fiancee uses 35s for 8 reps. A lot of it is just getting used to the movement, and especially the dumbbells. You should be able to load the movement move with dumbbells. If you aren’t doing it already, try splitting your legs apart more so your knee doesn’t come over the toe when you go all the way down. A lot of people tend to keep a really tight stance, which lessens the overall load and puts the stress on the quads more, and my goal with the split squats was to focus on the hams and glutes, which will happen with a wider stance (as in front foot further forward).

Give it a month with dumbbells and push it and you’ll see the results you want. Coming off the deload, and given the steroid cycle timetable, you’re doing well. Another thing: you may want to keep the weight on your heels more on the split squats if you’re experiencing knee or patellar tendon pain.

You mentioned working out with a partner here and there. Is that a regular thing, and is he helping push you through the workouts?

Keep up the good work.

[quote]Schwarzenegger wrote:
Hey tone. Glad you like the changes. I know you can push those split squats heavier than that. My fiancee uses 35s for 8 reps. A lot of it is just getting used to the movement, and especially the dumbbells. You should be able to load the movement move with dumbbells. If you aren’t doing it already, try splitting your legs apart more so your knee doesn’t come over the toe when you go all the way down. A lot of people tend to keep a really tight stance, which lessens the overall load and puts the stress on the quads more, and my goal with the split squats was to focus on the hams and glutes, which will happen with a wider stance (as in front foot further forward).

Give it a month with dumbbells and push it and you’ll see the results you want. Coming off the deload, and given the steroid cycle timetable, you’re doing well. Another thing: you may want to keep the weight on your heels more on the split squats if you’re experiencing knee or patellar tendon pain.

You mentioned working out with a partner here and there. Is that a regular thing, and is he helping push you through the workouts?

Keep up the good work.[/quote]

Morning all!

Hi Schwarz, thanks for the comments. Yeah, I know I can probably go heavier, it is a bitch to find that sweet spot when getting into position and not having to shift balance or the trail foots position etc, all which tend to throw me off my game and makes it harder to do. I keep my trail foot plantar flexed so that the top of the foot is the part touching the bench. I’ve seen some guys do it with the toe of the foot only, and I’ve seen some yoyo’s doing it with only like a 6" height, lol…I know that the bench I’m using,(the 19" one), makes for a very deep bottom position and I will keep that. I’ll try the difft. positions you mentioned maybe that will help. I noticed the difference you’re referring to, and keep a fairly wide or long stance between the two feet, but may try to stretch that out a trifle further now that I know you prefer that or recommend it.

Also, thanks for that tip on putting weight on the heel to help eliminate knee or patellar overload. I did notice a small amount of knee soreness after the workout yesterday, but it is fine this morning with no pain at all. I think that's due to the excellent warm up exercises/circuits you designed for me. Those really are great and make a huge difference in confidence and the knee/leg feeling ready to go when it's time to hit the weights on leg days.

Yeah I do have a buddy who has worked out with me over the years since we were both in the 8th grade. He knows how to work out, and we have always checked each others form and are both anal about using correct form and holding contractions nicely to really get the most bang out of exercises and to target the right muscle, which unfortunately so many people don't seem to get when you see them at the gyms. Most are trying to make sure they "look good" and are putting up decent weight, when people who know just look at them as being lame when doing that. But that's old hat and we already know that, just indicating that he's a solid partner. Trouble is he only makes it over for one, sometimes two workouts a week, due to where he lives and his erratic work schedule. But yeah it's always nice to have someone there for motivation and friendly competition!

be back later with todays workout results

ToneBone

[quote]InTheZone wrote:
jsbrook wrote:
I’ll be interested in following this. I’m a little confused at the “Manzere” reference. Do you feel you have overdeveloped pecs or just excess fat on them?

I'm kidding JS. It's a reference to "the male bra" that Costanza's dad and Kramer were planning to market and make millions off of. It's just a joke since I have had to quit all chest work due to some bothersome delt issues I had in both shoulders. 

I’ve been rehabbing them, and Schwarzenegger made this special routine for that purpose for me. The pecs are still fine, they just aren’t as tight and developed as before of course due to atrophy from no work. They will rebound fine, and all should be well here soon. [/quote]

Gotcha. Sounds good.

Nice workout. Added in an extra exercise for arms at that point in the workout. It went nice and the deload is paying off already in strength at least in triceps/biceps it did. Actually in the rows too, though you guys will laugh at the weight. Just remember this, I do all of these as strict as they can be done, and hold all my contractions unless otherwise noted. 

So there’s a big difference there compared to most of the yo’yo’s who don’t do that, but type in the exhorbitant poundage every post they do. Think dumbbell kickbacks, how many of you actually keep that upper arm parallel, don’t move it, and hold the mother fucker at extension for a full second? Bottom line though, yeah I’m fairly weak compared to a lot of the studs around here…lol.
Rant terminated.

Gentlemen, here we go: BACK/CHEST/DELT/ARMS

PRONE BB ROWS(45*): Swapped out grips, = lighter weight.
95/10, 115/7, 135/7, 135/7, 135/7, 135/7-95/10 MORE.STRIP.
Went good on form, didn’t hold these on contraction, but very strict, no leg help or body movement/swing. Kept at 135 to insure form stayed true.

DB FLAT BENCH: First time in at least two months for ANY chest work, due to delt issues. Light but heavy enough to get something out of them. Yay! :slight_smile:
20/20, 30/20, 40/15, 50/10. Felt like I could do more obviously, but more importantly the delts, while feeling like they were in foreign waters, felt ok and made it through with no problems. BONUS!

REAR LATERAL RAISE:2X20 (when at gym vs. home will do cables)(HOME TODAY)
10/20, 10/20, 15/20 These started out with the right delt, which had a problem in this area of musculature, “feeling” it, but after about the first 7 or so reps, handled it really well. Used a straight arm technique as it seems to target the rear delt better than the rear “fly” variation with elbows bent.

DB PREACHER CURLS: 3X10.
20/15, 30/10, 35/9(help on last 2), 30/10.

DB KICKBACKS: 3X10 VERY STRICT W/1 SEC CONTRACTION ON FULL EXTENSION. NICE. STRONGER THAN LAST WEEK.
10/12, 25/10, 30/10, 25/10. Got a full extension with 30’s, which is damn good, but couldn’t hold the contraction, so ditched it back to 25’s where the contraction could easily be held really nicely and destroyed the tri’s. Another strange thing I’ve found when doing these really strictly; feels like my serratus anterior’s are going to explode from pressure when using really heavy weight like the 30’s per arm. Weird, guess there’s a lot of pressure in there from the strain and being bent over the bench while trying to hold that upper arm perfectly still and parallel during elbow flexion.

EXTRA ARM EXERCISES: CALL ME VAIN…BUT THEY NEEDED IT.
BB PREACHERS: 3X10
60/10, 80/6(8), 80/6(7), 60/10-40/18. TOTAL, STRIP SET.

TRI PRESSDOWNS: VERY STRICT AND ZERO DELT “ASSISTANCE” LOL.
40/15, 70/10, 80/10, 90/8. 1 SEC CONTRACTION HOLDS TOO.
REALLY NICE.

SINGLE ARM BAND ROWS: 5X20 100 REP SET.

Well, the weight on my bb rows is pretty light I know, but what can I say, I've neglected that exercise for a long time. Went a good 20-40lbs heavier with the supine grip last month. It's all good. Arms were definitely stronger than even when I was "on" last month. The deload is a winner. Well, see you gents later.

Also, my abs are really sore from the dragon flags.

peace,

ToneBone

P.S. doing the regular delt circuit from diesel crew#2 in a little while, just seperated it from the other workout.

Monday 21,2008/

Well after todays workout, there is now proof positive that Schwarzzy’s “Deload” week worked like a charm. Now I started the new workout I think by Wednesday last week, so I really “restarted” it today, since I had missed the first two days, even though they had just subtle changes.

Anyway, I got up the same weight I had previously maxed out on a few weeks back when I was “on” the dbol/var, and also had been using my bench at home at two inches higher height than what I’m using now. So that’s sayin a lot if you ask me about the value and merit of said “Deload”.

Anyway, without further ado, here’s how I did.

5 MIN WARM UP (BIKE)
DYNAMIC WM UPS:
BAR WM UP:

BOX SQUATS: 4X6. 17" Height.
LT: 95/15, 135/6, 185/6, 205/6, 225/6.
TT: 95/15, 135/6, 185/6, 205/6, 225/6, 245/6.

STEP UPS: 3X6 each leg. 16" Height. Home bench is 19", so I fucked up, set up correctly for squats, but forgot to check height of bench for these, just went right into them, and this is 3" lower than home bench, so the extra weight doesn’t mean shit. Ooops.
LT: BAR/6, 85/6, 95/6, 95/6.
TT: BAR/6, 85/6, 105/6, 125/6.

ROMANIAN DEADS: 3X6 each leg alternating. Up on these.
LT: 95/10, 135/10, 205/10.
TT: 95/10, 135/10, 205/10, 225/8.

SEATED CALVES: 2X15 5 IN, 5 AHEAD, 5 OUT. 1X50.
LT:70/15, 70/15, 60/24-40/34-20/50. STRIP SET.
TT:80/15, 80/15, 70/22-40/36-30-50. DITTO.

ABS: SUPERSETTED CIRCUIT.

WOOD CHOPPERS (DIAGONAL) 3X10 EACH SIDE.
LT: 7/10, 8/10, 8/10.
TT: 6/10, 9/10, 10/10

CABLE SIDE BENDS: 3X10 EACH SIDE
LT: 7/10/, 8/10, 8/10.
TT: 6/10, 9/10, 10/10.

CABLE HIP FLEXION (ANKLE) 3X10 EACH ANKLE.
LT: 6/10, 7/10, 7/10.
TT: 7/10, 8/10, 8/10.

Pretty solid workout today. Everything felt fine during squats, but immediately after, even with great form etc, my upper back felt sort of "compressed" or strained slightly. Not as bad as the other time a couple weeks ago, and went through the rest of the workout fine, but can definitely feel it a bit. Hmmmm. Oh well. Nothing major. 

I was surprised and didn’t really think I was going to hit all 6 with 225 or even 245 for that matter. So that was a nice surprise. As far as “boosters”, all I had pre-wkout was 3 HOT-ROX original formula and 5g creatine mono.

So, after this week I think I'll be "on" again if everything goes right. Shoulders feeling good, no real noticeable negative effects from tossing chest into the mix last week, so keeping fingers crossed. The left might be very slightly "tight", but it's so negligible that I'm just going to go forward and continue with it.

ToneBone 

Nice numbers! I love having workouts where everything goes up and you feel good. I’m curious to see what the supps bring to the table with the progress you’re already making.

Nice numbers! I love having workouts where everything goes up and you feel good. I’m curious to see what the supps bring to the table with the progress you’re already making.[/quote]

Thanks a lot Schwarz. You really gave me something to work with here. Fucking routine has impressed the shit out of me man. Sorry I drop the f bomb when excited about something too much I know...lol.

Yeah, I am a little puzzled about the slight back strain, I think maybe from missing a couple ab circuits back a ways, or what I really don't know. The first time was with the 16" box, and I wasn't used to the lower height, and it was early in the morning when we don't have a whole lot of pliability in the spine, this time it just came on after I was done, guess it was the set with 245, but it felt good and went up nice. So, I'm just going to keep plugging away. Wouldn't be surprised if it's still just readjustment to the work load or something. I'm betting it won't happen the rest of the month. Anyway, thanks a ton buddy. Back/Chest/arms etc tomorrow morning bright and early as hell. Will post up afterwards. 

ciao,

ToneBone

Nice numbers! I love having workouts where everything goes up and you feel good. I’m curious to see what the supps bring to the table with the progress you’re already making.[/quote]

Thanks Schwarz!

I posted but nothing came up yet still. So, to reiterate, I just think everything is going really good. Off to the gym right now and be back in a couple hours with the results.

ToneBone
    Yeehawww mang! Happy Tuesday Mofo's!

Ok got a little carried away there. Good solid workout, up on everything again, and/or up in reps too.

DIESEL CREW TWO MINUTE DELT WARMUP:

PULL UPS: swapped grip, supine now.
LT: BW/7, BW/6, BW/4, BW/4.5
TT: BW/7, BW/7, BW/6.5, BW/5 supine is going to get more benefit from biceps, but I’m still happy with that.

DB FLAT BENCH: 3X20/15/10. Coming up slowly here…
LT: 30/20, 40/15, 50/10.
TT: 32.5/20, 45/15, 60/10.

SHRUGS: swapped over to DB now. 3X15.
LT: BB WEIGHT.
TT: DB’S. 45/15, 60/15, 70/15, 80/15.

FACE PULLS: CABLE
LT:60/15, 60/12, 60/10-STRIP-45/15 (extra 5 reps only)
TT: 60/15, 60/15, 60/12.

BB CURLS: 3X10
LT: 65/9, 65/7, 65/6
TT: 65/10, 65/10, 65/9

LYING TRI EXTENSIONS: 3X10 (my personal favorite ex.)
LT: 80/10, 80/10, 80/8
TT: 80/10, 100/10,100/8.
Always done strict as hell, elbows in. extension out.

SINGLE ARM LATERAL RAISE: 5X20. 100 REP BLOOD PUMPER.
LT: 5 lbs. didn’t honestly finish last set, pooped out.
TT: 5 lbs. nailed it. One arm right aftet the other. BAM!

Well, my back was and still is a tad sore, but that's all. I noticed that having put chest in, and going up to some bit of weight on the set of 10, that the notoriously "tight" left delt, did feel a very little bit of that "tightness" again anteriorly. But it doesn't seem bad, and I'm trying to stretch it out. It feels like I say, "tight" sort of, so I'm trying to find a stretch that hits it. I did the old DC training shoulder extreme stretch, and that one seems to hit the target area better than anything else, so I'll be doing that more frequently on days off and such. Other than that, I'm pretty happy with the workout as things seem to be clicking and the muscle memory is working in my favor, as is Schwarzzy's great workout scheme. Really, really happy with everything.

So, got a physical tomorrow, hope nothing gets stuck up my ass, lol, after which I'll be getting things sorted out for next week and running with something in the magic "supplement" dept. UMWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!
                   later,
                  ToneBone
     Hey guys, so I did the delt circuit, and forearms with an extra exercise thrown in today. Everything checked out nice and cozy with the doctors visit/physical today. 

The thought occurred to me that perhaps I should have started this thread after I start my next cycle, as most do. I could have easily put my final stats from this non-“on” period up against the first and subsequent “on” stats.

So, I'm sorry it's a bit boring right now, and I'm not going to post the forearm wkout today, I'll just post the main wkout days left for this week,(Thu/Fri), and then start something on Monday. Either the orals, or the injec.

Something at any rate. I will be letting you guys know at that time, what’s going to be run etc.

Thanks to Schwarz and the rest of you for hanging in there to motivate me at least, and sorry if this has gotten tedious and/or boring to any of you. So, I'll be keeping you posted, and two more wkouts will be logged too before going back on.

later guys,

ToneBone