Trouble Understanding 5/3/1/ Workouts

5s pro means the main work is all sets of 5. It won’t be 5x5, but 3x5 (For example, week 1 would be 5x65%, 5x75% and 5x85% of TM before moving on to supplemental work).

He’s @ using it for “at”, so that’s going to be 5x5 AT First Set Last. 5 sets of 5 using your first non warm up/official set.

Without knowing the specific example, it’s difficult for me to explain. Do you have a page number I could look at?

3 weeks. The 5s week, the 3s week, and the 1s week.

Cycles are typically done 2 at a time before employing the 7 week protocol (making the name make sense, as it happens on the 7th week).

Page number would be helpful on this one again.

Light training max is never a bad idea. Adavance the training max at the end of the cycle. 5lbs for upperbody lifts, 10lbs for lower body.

I think it’d be a bit too taxing, given how the program works. Ever consider getting an adjustable dumbbell handle? They work well for rows.

No forgiveness necessary. I didn’t mean to skip your quesiton that actually has the page number: I just finished moving my whole home gym into a truck and I’m too gassed to dig out my copy of Forever, haha. I’ll grab it in the morning and give it a go.

1 Like