Triceps Work With F*cked Elbows?

Hahaha. These guys just do it to benefit their team, it’s a pussified version of doing it, but they get paid millions to win games ( and many players don’t care how).

1 Like

Try close grip bench. Stay away from French press Etc

Try some of these…

3 Likes

Man, you’re like a fucking library lol​:ok_hand::joy:

Fuck yeah dude, RampantBadger always comes in dropping knowledge

1 Like

Light, high rep hammer curls are my go to elbow rehab.

3 Likes

Overuse for me I think. Not sure.

This guy is waging war on young dudes’ elbows.

3 Likes

How did you manage to overuse them so quickly?

Like, I’ve been training for as long as you’ve been alive and I haven’t overused my elbows.

This might be something to look into.

No joke. Such a shame it became so prominent.

2 Likes

Long ago before I understood the power of high quality supplements my elbows used to ache from tricep work, even bench pressing, so I completely stopped working pushing movements directly (first rule when it is an unnatural pain stop the movement) and I started taking 3000 mg. of vitamin C per day along with 500 mg. of hawthorn berry. Within 30 days my elbows felt good as new!

Tendons and ligaments need vitamin C because those tissues contain collagen… Vitamin C is a key vitamin in collagen production. If you have a vitamin C deficiency (and lifting heavy and doing isolation means you need more vitamin C) this can weaken your tendons and ligaments as it prevents collagen synthesis.

Hawthorn berry is a known to help the heart and circulatory system. But not many people know that it is also very good for “collagen stabilizing”. There are certain flavonoids in hawthorn berry that protect the collagen in your body. This automatically helps tendons and also ligaments and cartilage. It basically prevents collagen destruction from heavy lifting and joint specific movements like tricep extensions and other isolation movements.

Most lifters don’t realize the inflammation that they create by all of the heavy lifting. When you train hard and you don’t take the proper high quality supplements you are setting yourself up for pain, injury and ultimately the end of your training career.

Two other supplement that I would recommend that I did not have access to back in the day are Curcumin and fish oil. I take both and purchase them from Biotest. I’m sure there are other companies that make good products but I know how well those two work for me. I lift as heavy as I ever have with no joint issues at all. I honestly believe it is because of the four supplements that I have mentioned.

It’s sad to read post after post of people who are in pain from lifting and have no idea why. Maybe you should give the above supplements a try hopefully they will work as well for you as they do for me.

Best of Luck,

Zeb

No clue honestly.

I think I need to take some joint supplements in my ripe old age of seventeen. I’ll look into the ones Zeb mentioned and might get a composite of stuf and get some fish oil.

no, just find out specifically what is wrong with your elbows and do the corrective exercise(s) required to get them healthy again.

This is how you deal with injuries.

2 Likes

Specifically its tendinitis of the outer elbow like tennis elbow. Just a chronic overuse injury.

I’ve cut back on direct tricep work nearly entirely with only a few band pushdowns, increased bicep and forearm work, reduced volume of pressing, increased volume of pulling, rolled them out on a bar, heat lamp on them.

Now I apply everything listed above to them wear elbow sleeves which help a ton and avoid movements that irritate them.

seems weird that whoever diagnosed the injury didn’t give you specific rehab exercises to do, but whatever

When I was 11 I found out I could jerk my dick and it was so much heavy pulling I overused my right arm to the point of tendinitis.

In all seriousness though, you guys need to figure shit out. When I started getting elbow pain at 20 I knew I was too young for that shit. The culprit? Too much work, low bar squatting, and actual work. I was a dishwasher and a pool service tech at the time and my elbows were doing so much pressing on top of training it. It took awhile to get back, but I feel great now. Don’t be an idiot and train through that shit. Figure it out. The younger you are, the easier the fix.

1 Like

So what did you do?

Looked up every type of rehab and later, prehab exercise and regimen for my injury. I laid off anything that fucked with it and slowly introduced it back later on. It takes time and patience to get things like that sorted out.

One of the biggest differences for me was to quit focusing on weight moved during isolation exercises and concern myself more with technique employed and actually using the muscle. I know it’s really trendy now to say that there’s no such thing as mind muscle connection and that, as long as you move through a full ROM, you’ll target whatever muscles are in that ROM, but for the life of me, my elbows HURT when I was just using my elbows as the prime mover in curls and extensions. Once I dropped the weight way down, focused on the pump and made sure my arm was moving as a result of contracting my biceps and triceps, pain went away and my arms got bigger.

4 Likes

Who says these things?

Not that I doubt you, I just don’t pay that much attention to most things anymore.

I usually hear it from skinny kids on the internet who can’t figure out MMC. I’m not sure what current Mr. Wonderful they’re quoting when they say it though. Maybe Layne Norton? I can’t even keep up anymore.