Training Frequency, Goal - Powerbuilder

So I’ve usually done upper lower split 4 times a week but i have decided to try this:
mon :upper chest shoulder and triceps, military press day
tues :lower deadlift day+ abs
wed :back and biceps bent over row day
thurs :upper chest shoulder and triceps, bench day
fri:lower squat day + abs

what do you think? will only doing back and biceps once a week make my gains come slower even tough i am training them much harder now? i remember reading Lyle McDonald saying that training the muscles 2 times per week with 4-8 sets is optimal, whats your opinion?

my goal is " powerbuilder " i want strength and size and i am ok with not getting the best of one world in order to get good at both.

i am also 17 years old

no one? should i post my routine?

more info:

i eat 2800 calories a day,
160 ± proteins a day, on a normal day the numbers i aim for are 30% fat, 40-45% carbs and rest protein.
i weight 170 pounds
been training for about 2 years and 4 months
i sleep around 7 hours a day, i usually sleep more in the weekends due to no school.

my workout as of now is:
monday:
Shoulder press barbell: 5 sets ramping up to a failure set then ramping down
Bench press dbs 5 sets ramping up to a failure set then ramping down
Bent over raises coupled with lateral raises supersett 3-5 sets 10-12 reps
Cable pushdowns 3-5 sets 8 reps

tuesday:
Deadlift 5 sets ramping up to a failure set
Leg press 5 sets ramping up to a failure set
Lying leg curls 5 sets 8-10 reps
Plank, 3 sets with progressively more time

Wednesday:
Bent over rows 5 sets ramping up to a failure set then ramping down
Chin ups, 5 sets varying between bodyweigth and weighted
Cable rows 3 sets 8 reps
Hammer curls 3 sets 5-10 reps
Cable curls 3 sets 10 reps

thursday
bench press 5 sets ramping up to a failure set then ramping down
shoulder press 5 sets ramping up to a failure set then ramping down
tricep extension 5 sets 8 reps
wrist curls, i do this because my forearms are weaker than my biceps, resulting in forearm pain when curling with barbell.

friday
squat 5 or more sets ramping up to a failure set then ramping down
hyperextensions or straight leg deadlift not sure which to choose yet

week one 85 10-12, week 2 90 5-8 week 3 95 3-6

Is it too much? or am i going at it wrong and should incorporate lat and biceps into my other upperbody days?
like this:
shoulder press 5 sets
chins 5 sets
bench press dbs 5 sets
bent over raises coupled with lateral raises supersett 3-5 sets 10-12 reps
cable pushdowns 3-5 sets
hammer curls 4 sets

bench press 5 sets
bent over rows 5 sets
shoulder press 5 sets
tricep extension 5 sets 8 reps
wrist curls,
cable curls 4 sets

You are training to failure on multiple exercises every day. Not sure I would do that. Why don’t you do something like WS4SB3. It covers just about everything in one week and you can incorporate conditioning work into it or on off days.

[quote]Mateus wrote:
You are training to failure on multiple exercises every day. Not sure I would do that. Why don’t you do something like WS4SB3. It covers just about everything in one week and you can incorporate conditioning work into it or on off days. [/quote]

reading about it now, sounds cool, have you any experience with it?

[quote]Mateus wrote:
You are training to failure on multiple exercises every day. Not sure I would do that. [/quote]

ESPECIALLY on Deadlifts. Deadlifts and failure are not a recipe for success. Work up to a hard 3-5 rep weight but DO NOT go near failure on these. Not worth the risk.

Also putting Bent Over Rows the day after a Deadlift workout is not optimal. You may get away with it for awhile, but your lower back is likely to hate you in the long run.

Yeah, that songs like fairly high volume, intensity, and frequency. I’d back off on at least one of those.

DC you have high frequency and intensity, but low volume.

Sheiko is high volume and frequency but low intensity

Est.

You can’t go full bore on all those at once. that’s a good way to burn out your nervous system and probably get hurt. Unless you are just like a real beginner with low weights and lower risk of injury.

The best thing you can do is try several different methods and find which works best for you. You will find that your body can adapt to pretty much anything that you throw at it. Pick a split/training style and stick with it for a month. See how you progress.

People overcomplicate a lot of this…train hard, eat according to your goals, get enough rest.

voila!

[quote]Dirty Gerdy wrote:
The best thing you can do is try several different methods and find which works best for you. You will find that your body can adapt to pretty much anything that you throw at it. Pick a split/training style and stick with it for a month. See how you progress.

People overcomplicate a lot of this…train hard, eat according to your goals, get enough rest.

voila![/quote]

DUDE!!! WHERE YA BEEN???

Pretty funny how you posted this same question on another forum

[quote]zonaguy10 wrote:
Pretty funny how you posted this same question on another forum[/quote]

<=O Call the police!

[quote]Gl;itch.e wrote:
Also putting Bent Over Rows the day after a Deadlift workout is not optimal. You may get away with it for awhile, but your lower back is likely to hate you in the long run.[/quote]

Things like this make a ‘huge’ difference over time!