Toyota Tacoma

[quote]K O N G wrote:
trailrash wrote:
analog_kid wrote:
K O N G wrote:
Why don’t all you guys that buy these foreign trucks, cars etc just go ahead and move over there…? That way you can buy all the Toyota’s you want… Until then, stick with Ford, GM and Chrysler…

Actually Toyota is the most “American Made” manufacturer in the world. A lot of GM and Ford production is done in Mexico and Canada. Funny how Ford racks up $9 Billion in loses and closes plants all over the US, and at the same time Toyota becomes the number 1 auto manufacturer in the US and opens new plants IN THE USA CREATING THOUSANDS OF JOBS FOR US CITIZENS.

He knows because he is with the UAW which is why he doesn’t like Toyota because they aren’t union.

First off, I’m a salary, Non-Union guy.
I work with the Union on a daily basis and as some of you know the Union and salary people usually don’t have the same views.

However, I support my company and the product we put out. Yes, there’s some big changes coming in the auto indusrty. You haven’t seen anything yet. As bad as our economy in Michigan is now, there’s more to come. “Trailertrash” you should know living here that you should support your local economy.

Too bad you don’t get it. As far as the other states, I agree there are jobs created from Toyota, but the profits are going back to the homeland, not the U.S. When I was out in California I couldn’t believe the amount of imports.

[/quote]

Those profits often get reinvested in America in bonds, real estate etc, etc.

[quote]Rockscar wrote:
KO421 wrote:
Rockscar wrote:
Can’t get through here in any Ford or Chevy…

Well I wouldn’t go that far… but nice truck

You don’t see full size rigs on rocks…you just don’t unless they sport 44" tires. I’ve seem a few, but they always end up breaking something…mostly drivelines![/quote]

Well this is true, you need ALOT more $$$ to have a blazer wheel with a Jeep or a Yota. Dosnt mean I havn’t seen some Broncos or Blazers wheel pretty damn good at Hollister, granted not really any rocks…

Listen. I don’t want to steal this guy’s thunder and get this rolling in the wrong direction by debating the auto industry situation instead of which car to buy.

All I have left to say is the American economy revolves around the auto industry more than most people realize. Just because we make, assemble and manufacture cars in Michigan doesn’t mean the rest of the country isn’t effected.

Many secondary suppliers are spread throughout the states. When we’re not selling cars, those folks aren’t making parts, the next company isn’t shipping parts and so on. We aren’t where we need to be as far as labor contracts go. We’re not far off, but still have work to do. F-150 has out sold any truck in it’s class. That’s not by chance, folks.

“Trailer Guy”- You know better than anyone on this thread about lost jobs being from the Flint area.There are plants closing in Michigan on a yearly basis. When you’re losing money, you have to make cut backs. When you’re selling cars, more of your fellow citizens are working.

I will gurantee you “most” Asian-Americans drive a foreign car, that being Toyota, Honda etc. Why then are Americans not buying from the Big 3? I’m not buying the “inferior product” answer. It’s easy to say “F those people in Michigan” , it doesn’t affect me. You need to truely understand the economic trickle down effect to understand how your purchases effect all of our futures.

BTW- trailer dude, I thought “trailertrash” was your actual sign in name. No insult intended.

I will say GM did get fat and lazy with no innovation. In fact, the only company on the cutting edge in design recently has been Chrysler. Ford is coming around. For example, the HHR. Why introduce a vehicle that’s so close in comparison to the Chrysler Cruiser? Day late and dollar short.

Folks, there will be a new and improved Big 3 that will contend with the foreign market. Some trade laws need to be revised in the mean time. A new and improved auto industry is coming. I will gurantee you you’ll buy American within 10 yrs.

I like the old beaters myself!

[quote]Rockscar wrote:
KO421 wrote:
Rockscar wrote:
Can’t get through here in any Ford or Chevy…

Well I wouldn’t go that far… but nice truck

You don’t see full size rigs on rocks…you just don’t unless they sport 44" tires. I’ve seem a few, but they always end up breaking something…mostly drivelines![/quote]

Toyota’s DO rule in the rocks. Right wheelbase, strong factory axles, nice aftermarket t-case gearing options etc.

I also miss my little Zuki!

[quote]derek wrote:
I also miss my little Zuki![/quote]

Sukiyakis are great on the rocks too. yes toys have the BEST aftermarket parts as well.

[quote]K O N G wrote:
Why don’t all you guys that buy these foreign trucks, cars etc just go ahead and move over there…? That way you can buy all the Toyota’s you want… Until then, stick with Ford, GM and Chrysler… [/quote]

Wow, another typical “Buy american!!!” bullshit line from an uaw.

You should be able to buy a car/truck without even hearing these b.s. comments.
Buy the car/truck that fits you, not just to support a company(s) that outsource their jobs to different countries while making you think your really buying an american car.

[quote]analog_kid wrote:
I don’t own one, don’t know anyone that does, but the Tacoma is about the girliest truck you can buy imo. And that’s not because it’s not a Chevy, Dodge, or Ford. I’d actually pick a Nissan Titan over any of them, that thing just bleeds “manliness”.

The Tacoma has the least powerful engine of any fullsized. The gas mileage is gonna suck regardless of what size engine you get(maybe 4mpg tops)so you might as well get something with some balls.

Oh, my dad does have a '06 4-Runner, and that thing has seen the dealership 5 times in the 1.5 years he has had it. Nothing major, but he’s annoyed.[/quote]

Pick a Titan and you will be going in for major repairs …both the titan and the qx from Nissan have a history of problems…both are made in the sane canton plant…

go diesel last longer better gas mileage less problems…specifically the cummins and the durmax. I would leave the powerstroke (ford) alone.

[quote]Rockscar wrote:
K O N G wrote:
Why don’t all you guys that buy these foreign trucks, cars etc just go ahead and move over there…? That way you can buy all the Toyota’s you want… Until then, stick with Ford, GM and Chrysler…

Because they SUCK and eat gas like HOGS! If you like gas so much move to Iraq. Your so called logic is well…not logical at all.
[/quote]

common rock you of all people I didn’t expect to be myopic…if you are going to buy anything with a 8 cylinder and above go with a diesel…last longer at least 300k and better mpg that gasoline…right now the best diesels out here is chevy and dodge believe it or not …do your research better yet buy one…

[quote]K O N G wrote:
Why don’t all you guys that buy these foreign trucks, cars etc just go ahead and move over there…? That way you can buy all the Toyota’s you want… Until then, stick with Ford, GM and Chrysler… [/quote]

Thats the most red neck, hill billy shit ive read all day. Toyota’s and nissan’s are made in america, hemis are made in mexico, ect ect. Its all the same now a days. Now go make out with your sister or something.

you can argue all day about what truck is best, its all opinion, you remind me of the local red necks arguing about this and talking about “pulling” another truck, i guess they each hook up to another and start pulling, like a tug of war. i guess thats what all those imbred hicks do for fun.

BTW I have a dodge ram on 35" tires and 20" rims, and would rather have the new tundra crewmax

[quote]Mad Titan wrote:
analog_kid wrote:
I don’t own one, don’t know anyone that does, but the Tacoma is about the girliest truck you can buy imo. And that’s not because it’s not a Chevy, Dodge, or Ford. I’d actually pick a Nissan Titan over any of them, that thing just bleeds “manliness”.

The Tacoma has the least powerful engine of any fullsized. The gas mileage is gonna suck regardless of what size engine you get(maybe 4mpg tops)so you might as well get something with some balls.

Oh, my dad does have a '06 4-Runner, and that thing has seen the dealership 5 times in the 1.5 years he has had it. Nothing major, but he’s annoyed.

Pick a Titan and you will be going in for major repairs …both the titan and the qx from Nissan have a history of problems…both are made in the sane canton plant…

go diesel last longer better gas mileage less problems…specifically the cummins and the durmax. I would leave the powerstroke (ford) alone. [/quote]

Yeah my brother is a tech for Infiniti and the QX seems to be quite the heap of shit. I have heard that the Titan has overcome many of it’s issues…

[quote]blok wrote:
you can argue all day about what truck is best, its all opinion, you remind me of the local red necks arguing about this and talking about “pulling” another truck, i guess they each hook up to another and start pulling, like a tug of war. i guess thats what all those imbred hicks do for fun.

BTW I have a dodge ram on 35" tires and 20" rims, and would rather have the new tundra crewmax[/quote]

actually its more a matter of fact than opinion. As far as I’m concerned I’m not biased. Like I told someone else before if you are going with an 8 cylinder. I would suggest staying away from gasoline engines, diesel is the way to go better mpg, more power and last longer…yes even longer than the TUNDRA.

However, if you want a six cylinder then I would definitely suggest a toyota because their gasoline engines are more reliable. As far diesels go duramax engine (chevy) (made by isuzu which Gm partially owns) and cummins engine (dodge) are very good…ford’s powerstroke engine (made by navistar) on the other hand is a different story

[quote]Mad Titan wrote:
blok wrote:

BTW I have a dodge ram on 35" tires and 20" rims, and would rather have the new tundra crewmax

actually its more a matter of fact than opinion. As far as I’m concerned I’m not biased. Like I told someone else before if you are going with an 8 cylinder. I would suggest staying away from gasoline engines, diesel is the way to go better mpg, more power and last longer…yes even longer than the TUNDRA.

However, if you want a six cylinder then I would definitely suggest a toyota because their gasoline engines are more reliable. As far diesels go duramax engine (chevy) (made by isuzu which Gm partially owns) and cummins engine (dodge) are very good…ford’s powerstroke engine (made by navistar) on the other hand is a different story
[/quote]

Thats still an opinion, and the cummins is a inline 6

[quote]blok wrote:
Mad Titan wrote:
blok wrote:

[/quote]

yeah its an inline 6 but have you seen the size of each cylinder? Its not a matter of opinion unlike most people who are brand biased…I’m giving the op facts…for instance why else would ford be in dispute with navistar over who’s going to flip the bill for all those recalls?..

I go by research and experience…toyota is good and its probably one of the better ones as far gasoline engine v8/v6 goes. As far diesels chevy and dodge are the better ones and If anyone is going for a large truck. The best bet is a diesel better gas mileage (fact not opinion) more power (fact not opinion)…more durable/reliable (fact not opinion)

[quote]Mad Titan wrote:
blok wrote:
Mad Titan wrote:
blok wrote:

yeah its an inline 6 but have you seen the size of each cylinder? Its not a matter of opinion unlike most people who are brand biased…I’m giving the op facts…for instance why else would ford be in dispute with navistar over who’s going to flip the bill for all those recalls?..

I go by research and experience…toyota is good and its probably one of the better ones as far gasoline engine v8/v6 goes. As far diesels chevy and dodge are the better ones and If anyone is going for a large truck. The best bet is a diesel better gas mileage (fact not opinion) more power (fact not opinion)…more durable/reliable (fact not opinion)[/quote]

you know I see your point but I guess what difference does it make how good the engine is when everything is falling apart around it.?

[quote]Mad Titan wrote:
Rockscar wrote:
K O N G wrote:

Because they SUCK and eat gas like HOGS! If you like gas so much move to Iraq. Your so called logic is well…not logical at all.

common rock you of all people I didn’t expect to be myopic…if you are going to buy anything with a 8 cylinder and above go with a diesel…last longer at least 300k and better mpg that gasoline…right now the best diesels out here is chevy and dodge believe it or not …do your research better yet buy one…[/quote]

Diesel aside. I’ve owned an Expedition, and it was a gas hog 8 cly. It had problems every month! 2 T-cases and it never ran quite right.

[quote]blok wrote:
K O N G wrote:

Thats the most red neck, hill billy shit ive read all day. Toyota’s and nissan’s are made in america, hemis are made in mexico, ect ect. Its all the same now a days. Now go make out with your sister or something.
[/quote]

This coming from a guy who puts 20’s on a Dodge Ram and has a 4-wheeler in the back?? I’m sure you’re truck costs more than the trailer you live in. Now get back to licking your bug swatter and quit trying to sound intelligent…