Toyota Tacoma

I’ve been looking into getting a truck for a few months, and have tentatively settled on getting a Tacoma. I don’t spent a ton of time off-road, but enough time to make it a factor to consider. This is the first vehicle that I’m buying on my own, so I’m stoked.

Anyone else own one of these and have any feedback?

I don’t own one, don’t know anyone that does, but the Tacoma is about the girliest truck you can buy imo. And that’s not because it’s not a Chevy, Dodge, or Ford. I’d actually pick a Nissan Titan over any of them, that thing just bleeds “manliness”.

The Tacoma has the least powerful engine of any fullsized. The gas mileage is gonna suck regardless of what size engine you get(maybe 4mpg tops)so you might as well get something with some balls.

Oh, my dad does have a '06 4-Runner, and that thing has seen the dealership 5 times in the 1.5 years he has had it. Nothing major, but he’s annoyed.

I don’t own a current model, but the older model I used to have was fantastic. The only changes I see are for the better and if I had the money, I’d get a new one in a heartbeat.

FYI, if you go with the upgraded suspension package, the ride is going to be a bit stiffer than the standard equipment. It didn’t bother me at all, but some get annoyed with things like that.

[quote]Mister T. wrote:
I have nothing of value to add, except to correct Analog Kid.

The Tacoma isn’t a fullsize truck - that would be the Tundra.
[/quote]

Damn if you aren’t right. Jeez, can’t believe I let that one slip by.

I went to the dealer to take another look, and forgot it’s the end of the month. Damn, that was annoying.

Anyway, does anyone know if it’s possible to get a navigation system installed into one? I’ve been looking and can’t find any info.

You wont go wrong with ANY Toy Truck.

I have nothing really constructive to say except that I think they’re ugly as hell. You should go for a 70s or 80s chev or ford. If I had 20+K to throw onto a truck I’d buy an older truck and hot rod it up.

[quote]Rockscar wrote:
You wont go wrong with ANY Toy Truck.[/quote]

This is true. However, they are quite pricey for what they are. I would look at the new Frontier for comparison. I know they have a 265hp engine and are a few thousand less than a Tacoma.

But with that said, Toyota makes a solid truck.

[quote]analog_kid wrote:
I’d actually pick a Nissan Titan over any of them, that thing just bleeds “manliness”.
[/quote]

I fucking love my Titan!!!

I have one and love it. You can fit any 4wheeler in the bed. It will climb all over the woods. They also have good resale value and are tough as bricks. It helps to get the TRD package.

If you hunt or are in the woods much you don’t want a fullsize truck. Big trucks get stuck more and can’t manuver will in wooded areas. Big trucks are good for hauling though.

I used to have a Jeep CJ-5 and i would much rather have the Tacoma.

I would get the Taco. I haven’t looked at the new model but considering Toyota’s track record, you probably can’t go wrong. I have 160k on my 2000 4x4 Taco with zero problems and I expect to go another 160k.

Don’t get the 4 cylinder (if they still offer it). You might get 1 mpg better mileage than the V6 but it’s not worth the loss in power and pulling ability.
For what its worth, all the rural mail carriers in my area buy the Taco for the reliability and fuel economy.
Good Luck

I was dicking around online and came across this. Me likey.

[quote]analog_kid wrote:
I don’t own one, don’t know anyone that does, but the Tacoma is about the girliest truck you can buy imo. …[/quote]

It cracks me up that pick up trucks are now girly

Why don’t all you guys that buy these foreign trucks, cars etc just go ahead and move over there…? That way you can buy all the Toyota’s you want… Until then, stick with Ford, GM and Chrysler…

[quote]K O N G wrote:
Why don’t all you guys that buy these foreign trucks, cars etc just go ahead and move over there…? That way you can buy all the Toyota’s you want… Until then, stick with Ford, GM and Chrysler… [/quote]

This is stupid, how many of those are actually made in America?

I get chevy trucks for work and it rides alright and I aint complaining becuase its free but they really start to go downhill after 120k

If I had to buy a new truck Id get one of those crew cab Tundras, nice truck!

BTW I am a diehard chevy fan, ive owned 68k10 70c10 95k3500 and have a 64 Impala SS I am restoring…

There maybe was once a time to support domestic cars but IMO in todays world it is kind of silly, buy the best damn car/truck.

[quote]K O N G wrote:
Why don’t all you guys that buy these foreign trucks, cars etc just go ahead and move over there…? That way you can buy all the Toyota’s you want… Until then, stick with Ford, GM and Chrysler… [/quote]

What move over to California? I am good here in The Alabam.

[quote]K O N G wrote:

Because they SUCK and eat gas like HOGS! If you like gas so much move to Iraq. Your so called logic is well…not logical at all.

[quote]K O N G wrote:

I also see you are from Michigan…hard feelings maybe?

[quote]K O N G wrote:

Aren’t the Toyotas made in America?

Between the UAW and the management of Ford, and GM (Chrysler is now a foreign car company) it is no wonder that American car companies are sick.

I would not hesitate to buy any Toyota that was made in America.

Can’t get through here in any Ford or Chevy…