Toyota Tacoma

[quote]K O N G wrote:
Why don’t all you guys that buy these foreign trucks, cars etc just go ahead and move over there…? That way you can buy all the Toyota’s you want… Until then, stick with Ford, GM and Chrysler… [/quote]

Because they are unreliable, cheaply made, and are built to last just long enough to pay for it only for enough things to start to malfunction to warrant getting a new one. I like Chevy and Dodge, but I would probably never buy one based on the ones my family members have owned throughout the years.

If these companies actually made vehicles that were as reliable as the foreign ones, more of us would buy them.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:

Aren’t the Toyotas made in America?

Between the UAW and the management of Ford, and GM (Chrysler is now a foreign car company) it is no wonder that American car companies are sick.

I would not hesitate to buy any Toyota that was made in America. [/quote]

Many of the larger Japanese companies have assembly plants in America. This includes Toyota and Nissan.

She eats Fords for Breakfast and Chevy for Dinner.

My Tacoma was made in America. I love it, they last forever. It’s a '99 and I bought it last year after weeks of research on the net and talking to everybody I know who owns a truck and Toyotas had the best reputation by far. Get the V6 and the TRD off road package.

Rockscar, your truck is a thing of beauty.

[quote]Uncle Gabby wrote:
Rockscar, your truck is a thing of beauty.[/quote]

She Thanks you…and blows you a 90 weight kiss!

[quote]K O N G wrote:
Why don’t all you guys that buy these foreign trucks, cars etc just go ahead and move over there…? That way you can buy all the Toyota’s you want… Until then, stick with Ford, GM and Chrysler… [/quote]

Actually Toyota is the most “American Made” manufacturer in the world. A lot of GM and Ford production is done in Mexico and Canada. Funny how Ford racks up $9 Billion in loses and closes plants all over the US, and at the same time Toyota becomes the number 1 auto manufacturer in the US and opens new plants IN THE USA CREATING THOUSANDS OF JOBS FOR US CITIZENS.

[quote]Rockscar wrote:
Can’t get through here in any Ford or Chevy…[/quote]

Well I wouldn’t go that far… but nice truck

[quote]KO421 wrote:
Rockscar wrote:
Can’t get through here in any Ford or Chevy…

Well I wouldn’t go that far… but nice truck[/quote]

You don’t see full size rigs on rocks…you just don’t unless they sport 44" tires. I’ve seem a few, but they always end up breaking something…mostly drivelines!

[quote]analog_kid wrote:
Mister T. wrote:
I have nothing of value to add, except to correct Analog Kid.

The Tacoma isn’t a fullsize truck - that would be the Tundra.

Damn if you aren’t right. Jeez, can’t believe I let that one slip by.

[/quote]

Furthermore Analog you are incorrect in your statement about power and torque in regards to the Tundra.

[quote]K O N G wrote:

Lets think about this Kong. I could buy a truck that is made by AMERICAN workers that does not need the UAW to protect them and their families or I could buy and give money to GM who is taking jobs away from my area in particular. Furthermore the last GM vehicle (which was a truck) was a hunk of shit.

Hmmmm… Now who do I want to support?

[quote]analog_kid wrote:
K O N G wrote:
Why don’t all you guys that buy these foreign trucks, cars etc just go ahead and move over there…? That way you can buy all the Toyota’s you want… Until then, stick with Ford, GM and Chrysler…

Actually Toyota is the most “American Made” manufacturer in the world. A lot of GM and Ford production is done in Mexico and Canada. Funny how Ford racks up $9 Billion in loses and closes plants all over the US, and at the same time Toyota becomes the number 1 auto manufacturer in the US and opens new plants IN THE USA CREATING THOUSANDS OF JOBS FOR US CITIZENS.

[/quote]

He knows because he is with the UAW which is why he doesn’t like Toyota because they aren’t union.

[quote]KO421 wrote:
K O N G wrote:
Why don’t all you guys that buy these foreign trucks, cars etc just go ahead and move over there…? That way you can buy all the Toyota’s you want… Until then, stick with Ford, GM and Chrysler…

If I had to buy a new truck Id get one of those crew cab Tundras, nice truck!
=quote]

That new Tundra is fukkin sweet!!! pulls like a sumbitch…

[quote]K O N G wrote:

Last time I checked, Nissan and Toyotas are made in TN, MS, KY etc. The last chevy I bought was made in Mexico with the parts coming from Canada…

Squats and milk.

Edit: Oops wrong thread.

[quote]dclarkjr wrote:
K O N G wrote:

Last time I checked, Nissan and Toyotas are made in TN, MS, KY etc. The last chevy I bought was made in Mexico with the parts coming from Canada…
[/quote]

Dont forget the huge plant they just built for the new Tundra in San Antonio.

[quote]trailrash wrote:
analog_kid wrote:
K O N G wrote:

He knows because he is with the UAW which is why he doesn’t like Toyota because they aren’t union.

[/quote]

First off, I’m a salary, Non-Union guy.
I work with the Union on a daily basis and as some of you know the Union and salary people usually don’t have the same views.

However, I support my company and the product we put out. Yes, there’s some big changes coming in the auto indusrty. You haven’t seen anything yet. As bad as our economy in Michigan is now, there’s more to come. “Trailertrash” you should know living here that you should support your local economy.

Too bad you don’t get it. As far as the other states, I agree there are jobs created from Toyota, but the profits are going back to the homeland, not the U.S. When I was out in California I couldn’t believe the amount of imports.

But, try and sell an American car over seas and we get boned, compared to the breaks the foreign automakers get here in the U.S. We make some great vehicles.

I believe in buying the best product, but you folks need to do more research in vehicles and not buy a Toyota just because your neighbor had a bad experience with a Gm or because Ronnie Coleman drives a Tundra…
Got it?
~KONG

[quote]K O N G wrote:
trailrash wrote:
analog_kid wrote:

First off, I’m a salary, Non-Union guy.
I work with the Union on a daily basis and as some of you know the Union and salary people usually don’t have the same views.

However, I support my company and the product we put out. Yes, there’s some big changes coming in the auto indusrty. You haven’t seen anything yet. As bad as our economy in Michigan is now, there’s more to come. “Trailertrash” you should know living here that you should support your local economy.

Too bad you don’t get it. As far as the other states, I agree there are jobs created from Toyota, but the profits are going back to the homeland, not the U.S. When I was out in California I couldn’t believe the amount of imports.

But, try and sell an American car over seas and we get boned, compared to the breaks the foreign automakers get here in the U.S. We make some great vehicles.

I believe in buying the best product, but you folks need to do more research in vehicles and not buy a Toyota just because your neighbor had a bad experience with a Gm or because Ronnie Coleman drives a Tundra…
Got it?
~KONG

[/quote]

Have you ever been union?

Trailertrash… haha… okay… you’re good at the name callin aren’t ya.

I know what you’re saying about supporting my local economy but I have issues with giving my money to a company who is taking jobs from my area and our country.

I’d rather give it to a company who continues to bring jobs here. But hey, thats just me. On top of all that , when I’m gonna spend 35-50k on a new truck, im not going to settle for sub par quality and from PERSONAL experience that is what I have found with the GM vehicles I have owned in the past.

When GM decides to bring some jobs back here to the Flint area or our country for that matter and starts making a little better vehicle I will be more than happy to buy their product.

On my last vehicle purchase I tried to buy the Denali, I actually wanted to but as I drove it more and looked at how some of the interior was put together I finally came back to my senses, then I got out and saw how the cover over the hitch wouldn’t even stay in place and the body line gaps weren’t consistent I decided the Lexus was a better way to go.

[quote]trailrash wrote:
analog_kid wrote:
Mister T. wrote:

Furthermore Analog you are incorrect in your statement about power and torque in regards to the Tundra.

[/quote]

I see you are correct too. About time they offer something with some balls. I just had to laugh at all those commercials bragging about their 265hp V8. I guess I just got used to them being the slouch all those years.

[quote]analog_kid wrote:
trailrash wrote:
analog_kid wrote:
Mister T. wrote:

I see you are correct too. About time they offer something with some balls. I just had to laugh at all those commercials bragging about their 265hp V8. I guess I just got used to them being the slouch all those years.

[/quote]

The torque wasn’t too bad really and if I’m not mistaken it was too far off from the 5.3… It still pulled anything I needed with ease…