Operation Clambake is at www.xenu.net

[quote]Soco wrote:
10 bucks says that Cruise’s son is the anti-christ. Any takers?[/quote]

I’ll take that bet.

It was a girl.

http://www.forbes.com/home/feeds/ap/2006/04/18/ap2678868.html

[quote]belligerent wrote:
geniuses. it’s a joke[/quote]

He might have said it as a joke but it was reported in many places other than the sun.

Joke or not, it is just the sort of crazy thing he would do.

Ironically it probably isn’t that crazy because it is nutritious (but who needs nutrition, the father or the mother?) - but it is gross in my opinion.

I’d much rather see it donated to the hospital.

I’d have a lot more respect for him if he said “we are donating it to the hospital because cord blood is so important” as a gesture of selflessness that inspires others to do so, instead of some whacked out gross gesture of eating it, or a stupid joke about eating it, that instead of selflessness / using celebrity to do some good in the world, is an act of “look at me I am funny laugh at my whacky joke see even though I believe some crackpot crap I can laugh at myself, but I’m gonna eat it really because we are all aliens and doing so gets me closer to Xebu”.

[quote]Mr. Moose wrote:
Lots of animals actually do that so I guess it’s not BAD for you. But that’s the female eating it to replace lost nutrients.

Wonder why he would even think about something like this??

Claes[/quote]

Because he is a lunatic and a Scientologist. Actually, that makes lunatic a redundancy.

[quote]David_Wise wrote:

LMAO. My first hater. I think I’m going to shed a tear.

You guys are a bunch of suckers for believing that he was actually going to eat a placenta.
He is not your ‘first’ hater by any means. We are helping you by ripping the piss out of you. Please get that.[/quote]

They come in pairs, how cute!

It took me a whole 5 minutes to search and read the whole truth of the story. If you drones were to do the same you’d realize that you are taking things out of context and blowing them out of proportion.

[quote]derek wrote:
I have to defend this little prick here… My wife watched an interview last Friday night on “Prime Time with Diane Sawyer” where he said “The next thing you guys (media) will be reporting is that I want to eat the placenta”.

He went on to (very sarcasticly) say that “Oh yeah, it’s good for you… very nutritious”.

She said that he was absolutely NOT being serious and actually called the media out on this and they did exactly as he said… reported it as truth.

He’s still a kook, though![/quote]

Or…he is covering his tracks after seeing the backlash, or reconsidering his inane comment.

[quote]BarneyFife wrote:

Number 5- katie has some terrible dental work-is she english? …quote]

Good stuff!

Tom and Katie just had a girl. They named her “Suri”…

SURI?? I mean, do people not think about their children?

“Rachel, this is Suri”
“HAHA, what did you say? Wasn’t that a horse’s name in a western movie?!?!? Good joke, really good one. So what’s your real name?”
{quietly crying in the corner}

Might as well name their first boy Sue.

He’s about my age, so maybe he saw the old SNL “commercial” for Placenta Helper and thought it was real…

What a dope.

[quote]ZEB wrote:
derek wrote:
I have to defend this little prick here… My wife watched an interview last Friday night on “Prime Time with Diane Sawyer” where he said “The next thing you guys (media) will be reporting is that I want to eat the placenta”.

He went on to (very sarcasticly) say that “Oh yeah, it’s good for you… very nutritious”.

She said that he was absolutely NOT being serious and actually called the media out on this and they did exactly as he said… reported it as truth.

He’s still a kook, though!

Or…he is covering his tracks after seeing the backlash, or reconsidering his inane comment.
[/quote]

Or, he siad all this BEFORE the story actually came out. There was no backlash to be seen at the time of his interview.

Whatever. In the big scheme of things, who the fuck cares?

[quote]simon-hecubus wrote:
He’s about my age, so maybe he saw the old SNL “commercial” for Placenta Helper and thought it was real…
[/quote]

OMG, “Placenta Helper”…SNL is so hilarious!

[quote]4est wrote:
Digital Chainsaw wrote:
Check out www.clambake.com

Operation Clambake is at www.xenu.net[/quote]

WOW!..Maybe you should forward that to Mr and Mrs. Cruise?

Why is cord blood so valuable? I’ve never heard anything about this?

Eating placenta really isn’t that uncommon, even if he was going to do it(and it seems that he wasn’t) then he wouldn’t particularly “weird” or “whacked out” for doing it…

Suri Cruise

The name Suri sounds like sewerage.

Sewerage Cruise.

Nice.

I don’t hate Tom Cruise, I hate scientology. And am amazed anyone would believe that bunk - any of it.

Also the reason they love people like Tom is because they like to pick someone who has succeeded, and is famous, and embrace them - and hence implies that scientology created their success and fame. When in fact they achieved that first. Then scientology comes along and kisses their ass endlessly. Because they are a famous stooge for a bullshit organisation designed to suck up people’s cash. They love to find someone famous and popular and dumb enough to fall for the adoration.

And they probably DO eat the placenta. It is the kind of bunk they do.

Like keeping quiet during the birth. Yeah, because any noise is imprinted on the child. What a crock. As if the child can’t hear before it is born. As if noise is going to bother a child that just had its head squeezed like a lemon and its lungs drain of fluid and its heart completely remodel itself AND has been oxygen deprived for way too long. Shhh! this is where the personality is formed.

Stupid numbnuts.

[quote]Stuey wrote:

…[/quote]

It is full of good stuff like stem cells.

All the hospitals I know of charge you to store the blood. They don’t care if you donate it. They don’t want it.

My understanding is there are things in the cord blood that can be used for treating certain diseases but it only works for close blood relatives.

[quote]Magarhe wrote:

I don’t hate Tom Cruise, I hate scientology.
[/quote]

This is almost like saying I don’t hate the Pope, I hate Catholicism.

He is such a leader and proponent of Scientology it is hard to separate him from it.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
Stuey wrote:

It is full of good stuff like stem cells.

All the hospitals I know of charge you to store the blood. They don’t care if you donate it. They don’t want it.

My understanding is there are things in the cord blood that can be used for treating certain diseases but it only works for close blood relatives.[/quote]

Probably different in various countries but in Canada, depending on if the hospital has an association with a company, you can pay to have a sample of the blood stored (it can come in handy for things like chemo) or you can donate it to reseach at no cost.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
This is almost like saying I don’t hate the Pope, I hate Catholicism.

He is such a leader and proponent of Scientology it is hard to separate him from it.[/quote]

Dammit, Zap - Hate the idea, or the institution, not the person.

Didn’t your parents teach you anything?