Tokyo Rosie (O'Donnell)

[quote]thunderbolt23 wrote:
But remember - all cultures are equal! [/quote]

Ummm, but what the fuck does this have to do with anything?

For a start, what do you mean by ‘culture’?

What makes a good ‘culture’?
What makes a bad ‘culture’?

Who are you to make such a determination; that culture ‘A’ is better/ more worthy than culture ‘B’? More importantly, what evidence - proper evidence, can you site to this effect. What makes your cultural evidence more valid, less unbalanced?

You call Al-Jeezera a propaganda machine, perspective-wise, no different from CN or Fox; all have value insofar as they present a viewpoint, an opinion; thus if we extend your somewhat tenuous logic, because Al-Jeezera presents a specific viewpoint you disagree with it directly reflects and is a representation of the culture of that area…

…hmmmm…

…Ladies and gentleman, I give you the American sitcom…

…I mean that is true and wholly representative reflection of American culture? Isn’t it; I mean, it’s on TV and everything…

Please: Don’t confuse culture with politics and ideology they’re not necessarily or causally the same thing. Culture is not homogenous - no matter how much some folk would like to believe it so; if culture was homogenous, well then, everyone in American is the bastard cloning experiment of Oprah, Pat Robertson, Jerry Falwell and Condaleeza Rice (cos they’re aon TV all the time, like, y’know)

Question For Vroom:

Vroom,

How do you deal with people who say, quite convincingly, that their goal in life is to kill you? How do you deal with animals that drive a car containing children through a checkpoint, then run from the car and blow it up (kids still inside)?

The terrorists are not human in the sense that we think of: they are simply mad dogs. We must keep killing them AND make the punishment continually worse until they stop everything.

These creatures are outside the bounds of reason. You therefore can’t use reason with them. You can only exterminate them.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
Vroom,

How do you deal with people who say, quite convincingly, that their goal in life is to kill you? How do you deal with animals that drive a car containing children through a checkpoint, then run from the car and blow it up (kids still inside)?[/quote]

You have a short memory. This has come up in discussion before. Once someone is a terrorist you can either capture them and attempt to deprogram them or simply kill them.

Let go of the Kumba-Ya liberal fantasy. I’m sure your talking heads tell you that’s what people left of you think, but it’s not universal.

This is where you leave the rails. It is deadly important that we understand that humans are capable of anything. Both incredible good and tragic bad. It’s all the rage these days to decry people as “inhuman” or “non-human” and so forth, to attempt to designate them as different.

Writing them off as non-human, and then extending that to muslims in general, as is all to often done, is simply training us to be mad dogs. You sir, with all your ranting, sound like a mad dog yourself.

Exterminate is a poor word to use, Mr. Mad Dog, even if termination is the only route we have for handling a person who has become brainwashed and is intent on killing for a cause.

Again though, people need to get past the hatred and fear, and start looking deep enough for a cure. Given that even terrorists start out as human children with the same potential as everyone else, it’s imperative that we find a way to interrupt the process that has them dying to kill us.

Finding a way to interrupt that process, in the long term, will be much better than fighting the end product for millennia. It just won’t “feel” as good as flexing military might. It won’t make your eyes well up with patriotic ferver. It won’t come with clearly visible progress in terms of filled body bags.

Get beyond the simple emotions of fear and hatred and start thinking rationally.

[quote]vroom wrote:

Zzzzz.

Dude, you can’t even read or make a post without political slant. You develop perspective and/or demonstrate the ability to do so and I’ll stop commenting on it. Yuck it up if you must.

It is possible to discuss issues without getting into the left vs right viewpoint, and some retarded “folks” around these parts simply don’t…[/quote]

Yes, Vroom. You are post-politics. Everyone can see it.

[quote]vroom wrote:

Unfortunately, for somebody who claims to know so much more than me, you are completely misreading what I have stated, perhaps due to that little slanted viewpoint that you have.

My view of recruitment has nothing to do with “intolerant actions”. Bzzzt. Sorry. Please play again.

Try listening for a change. Or, if you wish to be a pedant, try reading.

Propaganda is being used, rampantly, in the Middle East, to spread hatred. And, just like anywhere else, when a people (to them, the US, the west and it’s citizens) are demonized, then it is easier to “justify” actions such as terrorism, especially when aided by a certain fundamentalistic viewpoint.[/quote]

Fantastic - so what? Who here didn’t know that, regardless of political persuasion? Did you just educate anyone who reads these threads?

Again, so what? Who here doesn’t know this? Everyone here knows that the cultures of the ME are in a thicket of propaganda and subjective information. Again, so what?

You aren’t informing me of this, or anyone else. You are repeating knowledge that everyone has and agrees with, and you package it as if you are bringing it into the light for all of us that never considered it. It’s baloney.

The problem that we run into every time this subject comes up is that instead of talking about the topic, you talk around the topic. You think your bland non-commital insights are proof you are beyond politics on the topic - but you aren’t adding anything any of us don’t know when we actually form our opinions on what we think should be done.

Making dull, generic comments about the complex nature of the ME pathology doesn’t mean you have moved on from politics and represent clearer thinking - it just means that information most people around here take for granted you talk up as “a new apolitical paradigm”.

I don’t have a precious leader, but I see once again you have no interest in actually discussing the merits of the topic.

Heh - your go-to move is always to tar your opponent as nothing but a cipher for a talking head. Don’t you have any new material?

Nothing ever changes with Vroom.

I declared myself no such thing - but what I am is willing to talk about the topic and form an opinion. You think that is “political” - I say it is the necessary next step after we get past your plain vanilla commentary on what is happening in the ME. Again, after everything you write, the question is begged: so what? Well, I am talking about the what - what should we do, what shouldn’t we do, what are our working assumptions.

If it bothers you that I actually take a position, too bad - the point is, in the forums, we are all armchair politicians saying what we think is best. Having an opinion is necessary and that is what is fun - debating those opinions. You haven’t moved beyond anyone with your “thinking”, Vroom - you just continue to misunderstand what people do around here: debate opinions.

[quote]vroom wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Vroom,

How do you deal with people who say, quite convincingly, that their goal in life is to kill you? How do you deal with animals that drive a car containing children through a checkpoint, then run from the car and blow it up (kids still inside)?

You have a short memory. This has come up in discussion before. Once someone is a terrorist you can either capture them and attempt to deprogram them or simply kill them.

Let go of the Kumba-Ya liberal fantasy. I’m sure your talking heads tell you that’s what people left of you think, but it’s not universal.

The terrorists are not human in the sense that we think of: they are simply mad dogs. We must keep killing them AND make the punishment continually worse until they stop everything.

This is where you leave the rails. It is deadly important that we understand that humans are capable of anything. Both incredible good and tragic bad. It’s all the rage these days to decry people as “inhuman” or “non-human” and so forth, to attempt to designate them as different.

Writing them off as non-human, and then extending that to muslims in general, as is all to often done, is simply training us to be mad dogs. You sir, with all your ranting, sound like a mad dog yourself.

These creatures are outside the bounds of reason. You therefore can’t use reason with them. You can only exterminate them.

Exterminate is a poor word to use, Mr. Mad Dog, even if termination is the only route we have for handling a person who has become brainwashed and is intent on killing for a cause.

Again though, people need to get past the hatred and fear, and start looking deep enough for a cure. Given that even terrorists start out as human children with the same potential as everyone else, it’s imperative that we find a way to interrupt the process that has them dying to kill us.

Finding a way to interrupt that process, in the long term, will be much better than fighting the end product for millennia. It just won’t “feel” as good as flexing military might. It won’t make your eyes well up with patriotic ferver. It won’t come with clearly visible progress in terms of filled body bags.

Get beyond the simple emotions of fear and hatred and start thinking rationally.
[/quote]

These crazy motherfuckers want to kill all of us and dance on our graves, I want to fucking end them and their lunacy…and I’m a ‘mad dog’? Hmmm…are you really in Ontario or up in the mountains of Afghanistan with Lixy? Wow…

Fantastic - so what? Who here didn’t know that, regardless of political persuasion? Did you just educate anyone who reads these threads?[/quote]

Is it really necessary for you to be so childish?

Look at some of the rabble, both left and right, in these parts. It’s very clear that plenty of people either don’t know the basic issues or have never heard or considered anything behind talking heads on the media.

Not of interest to you, then too bad. Your ego must be immense if you think I’m here to cater to what you would prefer to hear.

[quote]Again, so what? Who here doesn’t know this? Everyone here knows that the cultures of the ME are in a thicket of propaganda and subjective information. Again, so what?

You aren’t informing me of this, or anyone else. You are repeating knowledge that everyone has and agrees with, and you package it as if you are bringing it into the light for all of us that never considered it. It’s baloney.[/quote]

Funny. If everyone has this information and agrees with it, then why is everyone ignoring the underlying issues?

Dude, the underlying issues, and how to effect them, is the topic. Bitching about the same shit the talking heads do in the media, that is simply entertainment. Fighting about left and right ideologies for the sake of doing so is simple mental masturbation.

Dude, I’ll cut you a ton of slack and in this instance agree you’ve “considered” the issues. What in the hell lets you speak for all the other people around here?

Your ego is immense. You don’t speak for these people. You have no idea what people have and have not considered, if they have considered anything beyond talking points. You yourself mistake my statements for talking points all the time…

Something isn’t adding up.

LOL. Uh-huh.

Most of the “people around here”, again, are spouting viewpoints they’ve picked up from FOX or some other punditry. They have not, apparently, considered the bottom level issues in detail and come up with their own conclusion from “first principles” based on their own thinking.

Now, you can continue to sit there and say how much of a genius you are, and how you’ve thought of everything, if you wish. However, the attempt move the conversation to “everyone” or “folks” to avoid coming off like an egomaniacal blowhard simply isn’t working.

If I see evidence of people understanding the underlying issues and coming to grasp with them, then I won’t feel the need to step in and point them out. Shoot. You even contradict yourself, calling me this, then that, interpreting my statements as liberal talking points, and now calling them simple and bland statements that everyone knows.

I’ve got a tip, you don’t have to respond to the things I say.

You start discussing the “issues” involved in the topic and we’ll soon be discussing the same thing.

Both the left and the right viewpoints generally have kernels or nuggets of value. I’m disgusted at retards like yourself who are so mired in politics that they are unable to dig in and find those underlying truths and issues.

Those underlying issues, the nuggets of value, available from both political landscapes, those are the issue you moron. It’s from those that people can think for themselves, if they aren’t caught in the trap of letting some talking head think for them.

If my opponents evolve and stop spouting the same shit as talking head media, showing they have brains of their own, I’ll be forced to develop new material.

I’m not here to say something new every day just to make sure you stay entertained, curb your ego.

Perhaps you missed the part where I suggested what needs to be done, also? Moron.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
These crazy motherfuckers want to kill all of us and dance on our graves, I want to fucking end them and their lunacy…and I’m a ‘mad dog’? Hmmm…are you really in Ontario or up in the mountains of Afghanistan with Lixy? Wow…[/quote]

Nuthunter, I understand the desire to “end them”, but first you’ll have to figure out who “them” are.

And, if you ever want to move beyond a perpetual state of war, short of nuking the Middle East, then you’ll have to think a bit deeper about things.

Well, somebody will anyway.

Finally, you continually skip the fact that I understand the need to kill people who are actually terrorists. You simply can’t (successfully) characterize me as some fantasy peacenik liberal, so grow up and try something other than childish smear tactics.

If you think she is right, go find a Security Council resolution that either condemns or supports the war in Iraq.[/quote]

You’re screwing around with technicalities.

On September 16, 2004 Kofi Annan, the Secretary General of the United Nations, speaking on the Iraq invasion, said, “I have indicated it was not in conformity with the UN charter. From our point of view, from the charter point of view, it was illegal.”

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
These crazy motherfuckers want to kill all of us and dance on our graves, I want to fucking end them and their lunacy…and I’m a ‘mad dog’? Hmmm…are you really in Ontario or up in the mountains of Afghanistan with Lixy? Wow…
[/quote]

Idiot!

[quote]vroom wrote:

Is it really necessary for you to be so childish?[/quote]

What is childish about my pointing that out?

You keep harping on this - how do you possibly come that conclusion? Why is it that your considered opinion is independent of all the “talking heads” but you know for a fact that the rest of us have no such independence?

How do you know that? And oddly - it seems that the people who “don’t know the issues” remarkably happen to disagree with you.

Coincidence? I think a better explanation is that you are exactly the political person you haughtily claim not to be: your division of “smart thinkers” and “talking head followers” is a predictable partisan line.

And you have come straight to the reason you aren’t understanding - who is ignoring the underlying issues?

You smugly act as though you are in possession of these issues and that no one else has them. Conversely, I see a number of viewpoints here all arguing and disagreeing with what the underlying issues actually are.

No one is ignoring the “underlying issues” - that is just what you say to people who disagree with you.

Honestly, you seem to know more about what the “talking heads” are bitching about more than I do.

But a better question - if you are beyond “talking heads”, where is the font of your wisdom? You seem to think that damn near everyone is mired in a black hole of “talking heads” claptrap - where does your vast knowledge come from?

Do tell.

Oh, and by the way, stop pretending that your “analyis” of what causes problems in the ME is somehow detached from “ideology” - your commentary on the subject is rife with ideological viewpoints. No problem, just stop trying to convince us otherwise.

I don’t need slack, and no one nominated me to speak on their behalf. But you have used the tact that you are using against me - i.e., Vroom is enlightened and apolitical while Thunderbolt is merely spewing talking head rhetoric because he just don’t know no better - against countless others here who disagree with your opinions. Since I have seen this trend of you doing that, I referred to the other people.

See above. But this brings me to your next post, and I am going to bold it so we can all read it good…

Wait, wait, wait - I can’t “have any idea what people have and have not considered”, especially going beyond talking points…

…but you can, in nearly every single post you write, say that people haven’t considered the issues and only regurgitate talking points!!!

Bwahahaha - read what you just wrote. You just undermined every single post where you have condemned your opponent for not considering all the issues and just parroting talking points. This is beyond humorous - you have completely ruined your own high-minded analysis of everyone here that disagrees with you.

I can’t possibly know what people have considered and whether or not they have gone beyind talking points. And that is exactly, definitionally what you have been doing.

Wow - you are telling me. Vroom knows who has considered the real issues and who is brainlessly following talking heads…

…but no one else can!

Priceless.

No? How would you know that? Oh wait - I can’t know, but you can.

You are an absolute fraud, Vroom.

Hmm - I don’t claim to be a genius, I just claim to do original thinking based on my own collection of information, which is what you seem to attack every time we talk (regardless of topic).

You couldn’t possibly know what I read or follow, but somehow - with Vroomian superpowers - you can pretend to reduce my comments by trying to mischaracterize where I get my info.

Again we witness Vroom’s ability to know what people have considered and what they haven’t - but no one else has this uncanny ability. The fissure grows larger.

This is part and parcel of your dense hubris.

And there is no inherent contradiction between your having liberal talking points and them also being bland statements that everyone knows.

That is generally good advice.

Of course, because I wasn’t discussing the topic at all?

Oh, poor Vroom - more ad hominem. Let’s see - I am a partisan hack that supports the creation of a Palestinian state, wants to develop sustainable energy as part of disentangling ourselves from a troubled ME, and is against the US having anything but a neutral relationship with ME countries that don’t share our values (i.e., don’t support autocratic regimes in the name of securing oil stability).

Your juvenile stereotyping gets you nowhere - but you keep at it.

I remain amazed at how you can know which people can think for themselves and which don’t, but the rest of us can’t.

You continue to show your ass. Your opponents have to “evolve”? You are ridiculously transparent now - people who don’t think like you (coincidentally conservatives, but you aren’t ideological!) are “behind” you and in need of “catching up” with their thought process, thereby “evolving”.

A bit of frankness, Vroom - you aren’t that great. You aren’t so far ahead of your opponents that they need to “evolve” to your level of thinking.

What a prick. This is one of the most asmusing posts I have ever seen on T-Nation.

I may or may not be done with this thread, but I am definitely done with you, Vroom. You said I should ignore you - I tell you, that is the best advice you have offered to date.

Look at some of the rabble, both left and right, in these parts. It’s very clear that plenty of people either don’t know the basic issues or have never heard or considered anything behind talking heads on the media.

You keep harping on this - how do you possibly come that conclusion? Why is it that your considered opinion is independent of all the “talking heads” but you know for a fact that the rest of us have no such independence?

How do you know that? And oddly - it seems that the people who “don’t know the issues” remarkably happen to disagree with you.

Coincidence? I think a better explanation is that you are exactly the political person you haughtily claim not to be: your division of “smart thinkers” and “talking head followers” is a predictable partisan line.
[/quote]

Dunder,

The difference is that I’m not trying to smear anybody with a fantasy mischaracterization of “the other side”. Sure, at times I do, to start off here, I went nowhere near that… yet idiots like yourself and Nuthunter immediately tried to paint me a looney liberal peacenik or whatever.

Many people, including yourself, often mistake what you have called a simple known underlying concept as some type of support for a fantasy liberal viewpoint to be decried.

And finally, I’m not talking about smart thinkers, you are the one that brought up how everyone was smart and I was dumb. You keep raising this issue, not I.

Of course, when you do that I simply must counter by calling you a moron, it’s hard to resist after you step up onto your fancy little pedestal.

Again, whether or not you consider yourself “done” with any conversation, when I see people talking about things in a way that isn’t simply a vacant slam of the other side, then I’ll believe they are actually thinking about the issues involved.

Yes, Rosie is a nutbar, I’d never really try to argue otherwise, but hidden within her nutbar statements there are grains worthy of consideration.

Anyway, until I see people recognizing the underlying issues, until then, I’ll call it like I see it. If that pisses you off in the process, it’s simply a bonus.

[quote]vroom wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

Nuthunter, I understand the desire to “end them”, but first you’ll have to figure out who “them” are.

And, if you ever want to move beyond a perpetual state of war, short of nuking the Middle East, then you’ll have to think a bit deeper about things.

Well, somebody will anyway.

Finally, you continually skip the fact that I understand the need to kill people who are actually terrorists. You simply can’t (successfully) characterize me as some fantasy peacenik liberal, so grow up and try something other than childish smear tactics.

[/quote]

What did I say that conflicts with what you’ve said? You want us to ‘understand’ murderers…you’ve said so yourself. You somehow think that a better way to stop terrorism is at some humanistic (drivel) level — “Oh, somehow! There’s got to be some magical ‘somehow’ other than bombing the bastards!” People tried talking to the Nazis and Communists and all it got them was mostly dead.

Once someone initiates force, they are outside the bounds of reason. They announce that force is how they choose to interact with others. Just because these evil shits don’t like western culture or having a tiny democracy on their doorstep, they choose to kill people. They have to be taught that initiating violence is a very poor option indeed.

If you can’t see the simple logic that initiating violence is evil and must be destroyed, then you are simply (intentionally) being irrational.

Oh, and calling Thunder ‘Dunder’ is uncalled for; he hasn’t done anything like that to you. Wait, you sympathise with those who start shit…I get it now!!!

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
The 9/11 hijackers were recruited in mosques. They did not get the idea to do this by watching TV.

Dude, they were recruited by Al Jazeera as well as what ever BS lie they were told by some right wing Islamist.
[/quote]

No, they were recruited in mosques in Germany and other places.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
What did I say that conflicts with what you’ve said? You want us to ‘understand’ murderers…you’ve said so yourself. You somehow think that a better way to stop terrorism is at some humanistic (drivel) level — “Oh, somehow! There’s got to be some magical ‘somehow’ other than bombing the bastards!” People tried talking to the Nazis and Communists and all it got them was mostly dead.[/quote]

Please stop trying to play with emotions as if it adds to the conversation. Also, please stop trying to make up fantasy bullshit about what I’m saying.

However, there is a clue here. Communism fell, without a war. It certainly wasn’t because of some ridiculous notion like you are trying label me on.

There are strategies that can be taken that encourage the end of conflict, above and beyond only warfare.

What you fail to understand is that there is a difference between a terrorist and some 12 year old kid who might become a terrorist in a few years if he can’t resist being indoctrinated.

This is no touchy feely bullshit. This is happening over there every day. As much as you want to stomp on ants, there is an inexhaustible supply of ants (12 yr old kids to be indoctrinated).

Let me use your own antics.

Headhunter wants to exterminate all the children in the Middle East!

No, I don’t believe that, but that is the style of tactic you keep using on me, and it shows your complete lack of character.

What we need to do is combat the creation of more fucking ants, so that eventually, some day, our troops and our citizens are not facing threats of death and violence on a daily basis.

Lessons are not a good reason. Perhaps the terrorists felt 9/11 would teach America a lesson? Acts of brutality usually simply harden an enemey. It forges them and makes them, if possible, even more bound to their beliefs.

In case you missed it, that is what 9/11 did to the western world.

However, don’t mistake me, I fully understand that once someone is a terrorist, they need to be stopped, and generally force is the only way it can be done.

How you can miss the fact that I have repeatedly said terrorists need to be killed is beyond me. How you can miss the fact that there are people today who are not terrorists but will become terrorists tomorrow, is beyond me.

There is no touchy feely bullshit in what I am saying. I am saying, we need to understand the process of how people are becoming terrorists, so that we can find a way to put a stop to it.

You, being a coward, cannot get past your fear of the terrorists or think about anything other than striking out to make yourself feel better.

Maybe you should bone up on your reading comprehension skills. Thunderdolt went to great lengths to bring intelligence into this thread and thus berate mine.

Stop being such an ass, if you can.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

Oh, and calling Thunder ‘Dunder’ is uncalled for; he hasn’t done anything like that to you. Wait, you sympathise with those who start shit…I get it now!!![/quote]

HH,

I wouldn’t worry about it - it doesn’t bother me. In fact, the opposite - when you’ve reached the point you really have nothing left other than bad nicknames for your opponent, then it speaks for itself.

Vroom, being non-political though, surely has bad nicknames for people on the site other than conservatives, you’d think?

Anyway, you’ll also notice how Vroom conveniently shies away from explaining how he wrote to me straightaway:

…but yet he does, of course, and knows exactly what people have and have not considered, and whether they have considered anything beyond the talking points.

After all, Vroom “reserves the right” to point this out whenever he sees it, by his own admission - in fact, he can barely go a post without saying it.

But no one else can.

I wonder where his unique ability to do this comes from - well, I should know, after he is “evolved” and people who disagree with him are not. I wonder what books he reads? Where he gets his news from? I wish I was evolved…(sniff)

Or is there a better explanation - Vroom talks himself into circles, and then hopes to obscure his gaff by providing the smokescreen of namecalling?

[quote]vroom wrote:

There are strategies that can be taken that encourage the end of conflict, above and beyond only warfare.

And these are…?

Once someone initiates force, they are outside the bounds of reason. They announce that force is how they choose to interact with others.

What you fail to understand is that there is a difference between a terrorist and some 12 year old kid who might become a terrorist in a few years if he can’t resist being indoctrinated.

This is no touchy feely bullshit. This is happening over there every day. As much as you want to stomp on ants, there is an inexhaustible supply of ants (12 yr old kids to be indoctrinated).

How do you propose that we intervene in closed Muslim societies and change their children?

Let me use your own antics.

Headhunter wants to exterminate all the children in the Middle East!

No, I don’t believe that, but that is the style of tactic you keep using on me, and it shows your complete lack of character.

What we need to do is combat the creation of more fucking ants, so that eventually, some day, our troops and our citizens are not facing threats of death and violence on a daily basis.

Just because these evil shits don’t like western culture or having a tiny democracy on their doorstep, they choose to kill people. They have to be taught that initiating violence is a very poor option indeed.

Lessons are not a good reason. Perhaps the terrorists felt 9/11 would teach America a lesson? Acts of brutality usually simply harden an enemey. It forges them and makes them, if possible, even more bound to their beliefs.

In case you missed it, that is what 9/11 did to the western world.

However, don’t mistake me, I fully understand that once someone is a terrorist, they need to be stopped, and generally force is the only way it can be done.

If you can’t see the simple logic that initiating violence is evil and must be destroyed, then you are simply (intentionally) being irrational.

How you can miss the fact that I have repeatedly said terrorists need to be killed is beyond me. How you can miss the fact that there are people today who are not terrorists but will become terrorists tomorrow, is beyond me.

There is no touchy feely bullshit in what I am saying. I am saying, we need to understand the process of how people are becoming terrorists, so that we can find a way to put a stop to it.

You, being a coward, cannot get past your fear of the terrorists or think about anything other than striking out to make yourself feel better.

Killing those who want to murder others is cowardice? Killing murderers is done to make me feel better? Laughable.

Oh, and calling Thunder ‘Dunder’ is uncalled for; he hasn’t done anything like that to you. Wait, you sympathise with those who start shit…I get it now!!!

Maybe you should bone up on your reading comprehension skills. Thunderdolt went to great lengths to bring intelligence into this thread and thus berate mine.

Stop being such an ass, if you can.

If annoying you and your 1960’s hippie philosophy makes ME an ass, so be it.
[/quote]

Headhunter wrote:

HH,

I wouldn’t worry about it - it doesn’t bother me. In fact, the opposite - when you’ve reached the point you really have nothing left other than bad nicknames for your opponent, then it speaks for itself.

Vroom, being non-political though, surely has bad nicknames for people on the site other than conservatives, you’d think?

Anyway, you’ll also notice how Vroom conveniently shies away from explaining how he wrote to me straightaway:

You have no idea what people have and have not considered, if they have considered anything beyond talking points.

…but yet he does, of course, and knows exactly what people have and have not considered, and whether they have considered anything beyond the talking points.

After all, Vroom “reserves the right” to point this out whenever he sees it, by his own admission - in fact, he can barely go a post without saying it.

But no one else can.

I wonder where his unique ability to do this comes from - well, I should know, after he is “evolved” and people who disagree with him are not. I wonder what books he reads? Where he gets his news from? I wish I was evolved…(sniff)

Or is there a better explanation - Vroom talks himself into circles, and then hopes to obscure his gaff by providing the smokescreen of namecalling?[/quote]

Would you like a tissue? I think your mascara is running.

[quote]vroom wrote:

Would you like a tissue? I think your mascara is running.[/quote]

Hilarious. We have substantive unanswered questions presented to Vroom that expose him down to his fraudulent core…

…and all he can do is try and pass off more name-calling while whistling past his inconsistency?

So odd - I thought Vroom was evolved and so much further ahead of all of us in his thinking?

Seriously, Vroom - you are extremely evolved intellectually, this should be easy.

Why are you able to know exactly what issues people have and haven’t considered (including whether they are just parroting talking heads) - and, lucky for us, you help us all out by doing that analysis in every single post of yours - but I can’t?

Can anyone do it? Or just you? Or just people who agree with you (even though you are stoically apolitical…)?

You seem to know what all the underlying issues are and whether each of us that post here have considered them appropriately or whether we are just repeating stupid talking points. Uncanny ability - how does that work only for you?

You said it, not me. I am just looking for some of your received wisdom and a clarification. Now, we all know you present yourself as the Advanced Intellectual among us - how do you explain this weird difference that you yourself suggested?

I will refresh your memory:

First, you say:

Then you say:

and

and

So I have no idea what other people think and deserve scorn for arrogantly thinking I can, but you do have an idea what other people, and in fact, you think you are quite fantastic and quite the expert at it.

Explanation?