Tokyo Rosie (O'Donnell)

Apparently, if we’d just have a big group hug with the terrorists, they’d stop strapping bombs on their kids.

“The terrorists are mothers and fathers.”
— Rosie

Rosie makes me fucking sick. She’s a load that should’ve been swallowed for sure.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
Apparently, if we’d just have a big group hug with the terrorists, they’d stop strapping bombs on their kids.

— Rosie

http://newsbusters.org/node/8987[/quote]

Someone should remind her that a bunch of murderers, rapists, pedophiles, and other such bad people are mothers and fathers. If we give them a big group hug they’d stop molesting 5 year olds or whatever it is they are doing?

Dumb bitch.

She is a nut job.

Further, it looks like Rosie has the same completely uninformed view of the UN some of our posters have.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

— Rosie[/quote]

Anybody who would abandon their family to blow themselves up hasn’t earned the title of mother or father.

[quote]thunderbolt23 wrote:
Further, it looks like Rosie has the same completely uninformed view of the UN some of our posters have.

[/quote]
Well then what is the correct view of the UN?

Despite what one thinks of her personality or vociferous opinions she has one good point: post 9/11 no one could stand in defiance against the current administration without being called, unpatriotic–whatever that means.

Why do people care what celebrity talk-show hosts have to say about anything? By calling attention to her opinions you only legitimize them even further.

Seriously, we, as a country, care way to much what celebrities think…even when we despise what they say. We still take time to bash it and say, “She a bitch, she’s a nut-job.” I generally don’t take time out of my day for those people because its not worth my time. Keep stroking their egos, though, they love the attention.

Thank God she’s a lesbian…

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:

Despite what one thinks of her personality or vociferous opinions she has one good point: post 9/11 no one could stand in defiance against the current administration without being called, unpatriotic–whatever that means.
… [/quote]

With Bush’s low approval ratings and a Democratic Congress we see that standing against the administration is easy and accepted.

Well then what is the correct view of the UN? [/quote]

Rosie said:

Nope. The UN does not do that particular task with “one voice” - and that has never been the case. Nations do not sit and wait for Rosie’s “world democracy” to tell us what is correct and wrong, especially if the nation sits on the Security Council.

If you think she is right, go find a Security Council resolution that either condemns or supports the war in Iraq.

As for her factual suggestion of who supported who, they are wrong on their face.

thunderbolt23 wrote:

Why do people care what celebrity talk-show hosts have to say about anything? By calling attention to her opinions you only legitimize them even further.

Seriously, we, as a country, care way to much what celebrities think…even when we despise what they say. We still take time to bash it and say, “She a bitch, she’s a nut-job.” I generally don’t take time out of my day for those people because its not worth my time. Keep stroking their egos, though, they love the attention. [/quote]

One troubling aspect is that a LOT of people get their news from such BS sources. Young people actually tend to get news from the Daily Show!

If you have to get your news with a perspective attached, at least read Ann Coulter! ;D

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

One troubling aspect is that a LOT of people get their news from such BS sources. Young people actually tend to get news from the Daily Show! [/quote]

I have seen this said, too, often accompanied by a statement that says that is why the Daily Show is so “good”.

I think that is backwards - it is an indictment of the people who watch it.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
thunderbolt23 wrote:

Seriously, we, as a country, care way to much what celebrities think…even when we despise what they say. We still take time to bash it and say, “She a bitch, she’s a nut-job.” I generally don’t take time out of my day for those people because its not worth my time. Keep stroking their egos, though, they love the attention.

One troubling aspect is that a LOT of people get their news from such BS sources. Young people actually tend to get news from the Daily Show!

If you have to get your news with a perspective attached, at least read Ann Coulter! ;D

[/quote]

The Daily Show kicks ass for news. Have you seen some of the authors he has had on his show? Every book I picked up because of that was a great read.

[quote]thunderbolt23 wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

I have seen this said, too, often accompanied by a statement that says that is why the Daily Show is so “good”.

I think that is backwards - it is an indictment of the people who watch it.[/quote]

Not if they’re smart enough to see it as satire, and to catch the slant, which I think the majority are. Honestly, I think TV news in general is for idiots, don’t see the Daily Show as much worse in terms of accuracy, though the left-wing slant has gotten a lot more pronounced in the last couple of years.

don’t forget the Colbert Report if you wanna slam news sources.

I think it’s important for people to realize that the Daily Show is comedy… hell, it’s on the comedy channel.

Anyhow, the reason it’s so slanted, is because the current administration sets itself up with ridiculous postures and policies.

Go figure. If they weren’t so easy to poke fun at and ridicule, then they wouldn’t have to do so.

As for Rosie, she’s an idiot, but she does have one point. As much as you hate them, terrorists remain human beings. Your hatred for them is mirrored by their hatred for you.

A group hug is obviously stupid, but it should be glaringly obvious that their hatred has been concentrated and congealed by a life-long control of the slanted news that they have heard.

[quote]Ren wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
thunderbolt23 wrote:

The Daily Show kicks ass for news. Have you seen some of the authors he has had on his show? Every book I picked up because of that was a great read. [/quote]

I rarely see it but a few weeks ago Ambassador Bolton was on. He was awesome. He did not let Stewart get away with his usual cheap shots.

[quote]vroom wrote:

A group hug is obviously stupid, but it should be glaringly obvious that their hatred has been concentrated and congealed by a life-long control of the slanted news that they have heard.[/quote]

In their mosques.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
I rarely see it but a few weeks ago Ambassador Bolton was on. He was awesome. He did not let Stewart get away with his usual cheap shots.[/quote]

Bolton simply countered with the usual right wing viewpoint.

Lighten up man.

This became incredibly clear the day after when Stewart brought on a historian (voice only) to back up his view that Lincoln had included dissenters within his cabinet.

Hell, being challenged to think harder in your own cabinet would certainly be a good thing.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
In their mosques.[/quote]

Yeah, the don’t have televisions or anything… they all live in mosques 99% of every day.