Things That Piss You Off

I’m I the only one buying box wine (revolution ftw!) and drinking it out of a normal cup? :joy:

Disclaimer: I haven’t done this In a while and never had a “problem”

2 Likes

Nah man … that’s pretty common in my neck of the woods … either box wine or jugs o Carlo and Rossi

This is the correct way to do it :+1:

Dude, weights are nothing in comparison to the insane markup on baby products.
Stroller - $300 (at least)
Car seat the kid can use for 6 months $300
Car seat after that $300
Diapers about $600/yr
And also, crib, changing table, bouncy seat (200+ for those momma roo things).

On top of that the awesome hospital bill (both for the mom and newborn individually).

That’s like 3 fully stocked home gyms.

2 Likes

Well, that and the fact that 99% of baby products are just cutesy decorated garbage.

Like, you know what baby’s love? Not little Curious George emblazoned toys that make annoying electronic chiming sounds.

They like bits of crud, shoes, sharp things, and stuff they can fit in their mouths. Usually also sharp!

Don’t even get me started on curtain and blind draw strings!

3 Likes

My girlfriend has one of those subscription boxes that come each month, and it’s one for baby toys. The toys you get each month are supposed to match up to where the baby is developmentally.

They’re actually pretty good quality toys, built well, look nice, etc.

But I’ve seen the kid play more with the box they came in than any of the toys the past few days, haha.

3 Likes

EDIT:

This may be his favorite thing. He’ll be entertained for an hour with one of these.

1 Like

This is the most true thing. Most well birthday/Christmas present for any of my kids was a box of pasta one accidentally got their hands on. Played with about 100x more than all the other expensive, interesting, curiousity inducing, educational gifts put together

All of these are trumped by any piece of junk or rocks in your yard lol

2 Likes

Yeah. An empty box can be almost anything. Spaceship, Juggernaut helmet, what ever their mind can conceive.

But an object that is already something is all it will ever be.

1 Like

I am pissed off that the heating element in my dryer broke again (at least i think that’s what it is, dryer rotates but no heat).

It went out once last year. I don’t think an electric dryer can keep up with my family of 5.

1 Like

Soooo 2-stroke dryer time?

That has to be a thing in America, right? Braaaaaaap

The element should be a fairly straightforward fix. If you would get you one of those 1980’s autumn gold ones, with some rust on the top you wouldn’t have to worry about it.

I was think more like Chevy big block powered.
I have gas hook ups in the laundry room, I just don’t want to buy a new one.
I need to check the outside vent run for plugs if I can too.

2 Likes

Yeah, I already replaced the element once so I know how to do it. The only pain in the ass is that on my dryer the whole front panel has to come off to access it (no lower panel because apparently manufacturers don’t want you to fix crap, it’s the same reason my air filter in my Honda requires a screwdriver to access)

1 Like

Maybe you just need to get one of these SOLAR clothes dryers. I have seen them advertised on marketplace.

6 Likes

Nah.

At the core will be a 304 stainless drum, surrounded by a heat recapturing chamber which feeds into a catalytic reburner to efficiently reuse all of the heat created by the combustion chamber which is fueled by the crazy produced by “Florida Man”.

Any excess fuel and heat can be redirected to a turbine system which can be used to power eastern coastal cities. Should last about a millennium or two.

Just spitballing. I’m not big on thermodynamics stuff.

3 Likes

Commercial dryers are a scam

My dad bought an overpriced dryer and it always took two or more cycles to actually get the stuff dry. Meanwhile, the “shitty” dryers in my dorm that are at least a decade old do everything in 1 cycle

1 Like

They’re probably commercial/industrial. Built to different standards for higher frequency and heavier duty.

1 Like

I would if it didn’t rain every afternoon.

That’s just the “extra rinse” cycle.

2 Likes