The Walking Dead Season 4

Meanwhile the comic continues being awesome.

The current madman is a grade A villain.

I knew that one guy was going to die when they went out looking for supplies. Too easy to predict. Also, how convenient that the walkers fall through the ceiling when they are inside.

[quote]strungoutboy21 wrote:
I knew that one guy was going to die when they went out looking for supplies. Too easy to predict. Also, how convenient that the walkers fall through the ceiling when they are inside. [/quote]

I think the helicopter messed up the roof.

I knew that one guy was going to die when they went out looking for supplies. Too easy to predict. Also, how convenient that the walkers fall through the ceiling when they are inside. [/quote]

I don’t think it was convenient at all. It presented a big problem for the group inside. I think it would have been more convenient if the walkers had just stayed on the roof.

If, however, you meant that it was convenient for the walkers then I agree. It would be like you or I strolling along and then all of a sudden falling through the floor and landing on roast beef sandwiches.

Except that the roast beef sandwiches are armed and trying to kill us.

After careful consideration I think I’m going to conclude that this was not really convenient for anyone involved.

^ I lol’d

[quote]Hell-Billy wrote:
Does it bother anyone else that Zach was pointing his rifle at Dayrl outside the store. I know his finger wasnt near the trigger or anything, but gun safety still has a place in the apocalypse. [/quote]
Ha, what’re you, new here? :wink:

[quote]EctoMorphosis wrote:
Very disappointing episode. I waited all that time for that? They better come out swinging 2nd episode![/quote]
I wouldn’t say it was disappointing necessarily, it’s just that they pretty much took the entire episode telling us what’s happened since last season. The prison is up and running again as “home”, farm, school for the kiddies, and all. People are hooking up all over the place. Michonne is hunting the Gov. Tyreese turned into a giant pussy. Rick’s tired of killing and just wants to listen to his ipod while gardening.

“The Council” leads the group and Rick’s not part of it, but Sasha is. (Why her and not Tyreese? Oh, because Tyreese turned into a giant pussy). New guy Bob has a drinking problem. Carl is slightly less psychotic and sorta becoming a kid again (unarmed, caring about the pigs, wanting to go to storytime).

Other than the store run and the crazy chick in the woods (I thought she was going to be another hallucination), the whole thing just seemed like filling in backstory and catching the audience up. I agree though, really hoping it amps up next week. Based on how the episode ended, I’m guessing it will.

Also, in case you forgot that Twitter was truly pointless, some fan created a Violet the Pig account and it’s already got almost 3,000 followers. WTF.

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:
Tyreese turned into a giant pussy. [/quote]

THIS.

I had high hopes for Tyreese. After that episode I’m not so sure.

[quote]super saiyan wrote:

THIS.

I had high hopes for Tyreese. After that episode I’m not so sure.[/quote]

I think he’ll continue to be a pussy until that woman is in danger and then he’ll go beserk.

Pretty boring episode but the “Next week on…” looked promising.

I knew straight away something bad was gonna happen to the kid with the glasses. You don’t get to be that polite and folksy in the zombie apocalypse and live.

Does this mean that you don’t even need to be dead to turn now?

[quote]Diddy Ryder wrote:

THIS.

I think he’ll continue to be a pussy until that woman is in danger and then he’ll go beserk.

I knew straight away something bad was gonna happen to the kid with the glasses. You don’t get to be that polite and folksy in the zombie apocalypse and live.

[/quote]

I don’t think so. I thought that whatever sickness he had killed him and then he turned.

THIS.

[/quote]

It might have something to do with the dead pig.

The nature of this disease is somewhat peculiar.

They are all infected anyway, a bite should not really make a difference.

Plus, how did they get infected?

Why is noone immune?

28 days later had this all covered, though the incubation period was a bit of a stretch.

[quote]orion wrote:

THIS.

[/quote]

[/quote]

I thought it was swine flue/plague also.

My friends immediately went to “zombie pigs”, but I prayed no. With all the wild pigs/boars in the south the rest of the season/world would last about 2 weeks before everything died. Dead/zombie animals are world breakers.

I did hate the whole “What’s wrong with Violet?” “Don’t know” thing. Might want the vet to check it out. He even has a leg now so he can get there even faster. Or even ask Maggie or Beth about segregating sick animals. Do anything but just leave it there.

Prediction: Plague/sickness kills a bunch of people. They turn.

Michonne 2014,

Robert A

[quote]Hell-Billy wrote:
Does it bother anyone else that Zach was pointing his rifle at Dayrl outside the store. I know his finger wasnt near the trigger or anything, but gun safety still has a place in the apocalypse. [/quote]
Ha, what’re you, new here? :wink:

[/quote]

Yep. He was using it to designate who he was talking to. Sweeps Daryl, talks to Daryl. Muzles Michonne, talks to her. In other news Rick still holds his revolver like a sissy.

[quote]EctoMorphosis wrote:
Very disappointing episode. I waited all that time for that? They better come out swinging 2nd episode![/quote]
I wouldn’t say it was disappointing necessarily, it’s just that they pretty much took the entire episode telling us what’s happened since last season. The prison is up and running again as “home”, farm, school for the kiddies, and all. People are hooking up all over the place. Michonne is hunting the Gov. Tyreese turned into a giant pussy. Rick’s tired of killing and just wants to listen to his ipod while gardening.

“The Council” leads the group and Rick’s not part of it, but Sasha is. (Why her and not Tyreese? Oh, because Tyreese turned into a giant pussy). New guy Bob has a drinking problem. Carl is slightly less psychotic and sorta becoming a kid again (unarmed, caring about the pigs, wanting to go to storytime).

Other than the store run and the crazy chick in the woods (I thought she was going to be another hallucination), the whole thing just seemed like filling in backstory and catching the audience up. I agree though, really hoping it amps up next week. Based on how the episode ended, I’m guessing it will.

Also, in case you forgot that Twitter was truly pointless, some fan created a Violet the Pig account and it’s already got almost 3,000 followers. WTF.[/quote]

I kind of hate the off cam Retcons, even if they are needed. Carl is somehow not slapping people down and went from being a part of room/house clearing to being a kid. If they wanted him to have a drama arc they could have portrayed him fitting in better with Daryl and Michonne(who might be his best friend on the show with the whole “She’s one of us”/Mom’s picture thing) than the Woodbury children. How the hell is Rick going anti-gun? Doesn’t want his. Took away Carl’s.

Tyreese was supposed to be pretty emotional/sentimental in the comic also. He just would fight for those he cared about.

Overall I think the episode was a 5/10. Like you said, it was basically book keeping.

Michonne 2014,

Robert A

[quote]Robert A wrote:

I did hate the whole “What’s wrong with Violet?” “Don’t know” thing. Might want the vet to check it out. He even has a leg now so he can get there even faster. Or even ask Maggie or Beth about segregating sick animals. Do anything but just leave it there.
[/quote]

One would think that when they had only a few barnyard animals and a veterinarian…

THIS.

[/quote]

I don’t think so. I thought that whatever sickness he had killed him and then he turned. [/quote]
That’s what I thought. He died in the shower and then turned like everybody else does when they die. Could be wrong though.

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]Robert A wrote:

[/quote]

One would think that when they had only a few barnyard animals and a veterinarian…

[/quote]

Yup.

Also, the 12 stepper who knocked over the boozer shelf should never have been out on a run. He was a medic. Which makes him well into his “post zombie apocalypse med school-residency-and fellowship in OMGWTF medicine” education and way too valuable to risk going after canned goods. He should be shadowing Hershel and learning field surgery/medical stuff.

Michonne 2014,

Robert A

[quote]Robert A wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:

THIS.

[/quote]

[/quote]

I thought it was swine flue/plague also.

My friends immediately went to “zombie pigs”, but I prayed no. With all the wild pigs/boars in the south the rest of the season/world would last about 2 weeks before everything died. Dead/zombie animals are world breakers.

Prediction: Plague/sickness kills a bunch of people. They turn.

Michonne 2014,

Robert A[/quote]

One of the writers or producer was asked about this last year on Talking Dead and he said that there would be no zombie animals.

THIS.

[/quote]

I don’t think so. I thought that whatever sickness he had killed him and then he turned. [/quote]
That’s what I thought. He died in the shower and then turned like everybody else does when they die. Could be wrong though.[/quote]

Yeah that makes sense. Hadn’t made the connection with the pig either.

I suspect pig flu or, more likely, someone intentionally spreading illness of some kind by some outside party.

Perhaps pigs get the zombie disease and just die and people who eat them get sick, die, and turn.

Two dead pigs in a single episode where there has never been a pig in two seasons is too big a foreshadowing to be nothing.

[quote]Jewbacca wrote:
Two dead pigs in a single episode where there has never been a pig in two seasons is too big a foreshadowing to be nothing.

[/quote]

You forgot about Otis.