The Official Dip Thread

Do y’alls mamas know you’re dippin’ candy? Cope Snuff FTW.

I used to smoke and dip (Marb Lights and Cope Straight), but I quit smoking about a month ago. Nothing to be proud of when you’re still pinching tobacco into your lip.

http://www.springerlink.com/content/k501g16m55637114/

^^^jus sayin

[quote]chrispullen87 wrote:

^^^jus sayin[/quote]

Just saying what?

[quote]Mister T. wrote:

[quote]chrispullen87 wrote:

^^^jus sayin[/quote]

Conclusion:

In contrast to the well-known deleterious effects of cigarette smoking, ST (smokeless tobacco) use did not substantially increase the risk for cancer incidence above that of non-tobacco users, particularly among males. Although the use of tobacco in any form is to be discouraged, our data suggests that cancer risks are much lower from ST use than from cigarette smoking. [/quote]

this.

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]Vicomte wrote:
I discovered three cans of Kodiak Ice in a Walgreens once.

Wrinkle in time.[/quote]

Did you know that the Walgreens in this area do not carry Skoal? Fucking ruined a night for me once. [/quote]

Once you dip Kodiak, anything else is just too weak to be satisfying. I remember packing half a fucking can of skoal one day because the shop was out of Kodiak…still didn’t really feel it.

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]fighting_fires wrote:
I LOVE <3 dip. I usually go with skoal mint, because i know someone who works for them and thats what i get. I agree with the poster who said he liked the taste of tobacco so when i do purchase i go with cope straight.

Vicomte- i used to get the headaches too, i do about a tin a day if that matters, and after a while youre body realizes it wont win and will stop giving you headaches lol.

Also I dont know about you guys but every so often my mouth gets all kinds of cut up and it hurts to dip, in which case i will go to actual redman chew, or a little something ive discovered, some dont believe me but i swear its true, skoal apple, its the softest one there is for some reason and no matter how cut up you are it will not hurt, so if you have this problem do apple for about a week and the cuts will heal then you can go back to your regularly scheduled chewing flavor.

The first lip you ever thew in what flavor? and can you still chew that flavor?
-mine was skoal peach, and it makes me nauseous to this day if i smell it. [/quote]

Bad advise brother, you are a Medic. What does nicotine do, vasoconstrict. What if vicomte was having HTN episodes due to the nicotine? Also as a medic sublingual administration of medication is one of the faster routes of delivery, that happens with dip also. Just fucking with you, but not really, no really, but seriously. [/quote]

Fo’ realz.

It got to the point where I’d pack a lip, and ten seconds later, head implosion.

No fun. Dip used to be my best friend. Cigarettes are more like my worst enemy.

As far as the cut up gums feeling, I always really enjoyed that. Wintergreen will fuck you up good, but the burn is half the fun.

Of course I remember my first dip. I was watching Generation Kill on HBO(this was back before I enlisted and got discharged for medical bullshit) and decided that dip must be fucking fantastic, because Recon Marines do it. I stopped at a convenience store with my boy, had him get me a can of whatever(I didn’t have any ID on me) which was Grizzly Straight. We ended up on he swingset at a local elementary school, where I opened the can, took one sniff, and suddenly decided maybe this wasn’t such a good idea. About ten minutes later we were walking through the adjacent national forest, and I sacked up and packed in.

First impression ‘I don’t feel anything’.

Two minutes later ‘This shit kinda burns’.

Five minutes later: ‘I am in LOVE. Let’s go fuck shit up!’

Telling that story makes me sad. RIP fair maiden dip. I miss thee terribly.

I chewed from when I was 18 until when I was 35. I wrote this in the last two dip threads, so you’re getting an abbreviated version.

I went through 2-3 cans of copenhagen snuff per day.

My lip bled pretty much non-stop. My throat constantly hurt. I still have a ‘click’ sometimes when I swallow that really worries me.

My breath stank. My bank account was low. I was anti-social. I wanted nothing but to dip.

I constantly told myself it didn’t make me weaker, or slower, and honestly believed I was tougher because I dipped.

I did this all behind She Say’s back. I’d dip Mon-Fri at work and stop over the weekend.

I quit. Why? My dick quit.

One day after stopping chewing, my dick got better and hard again.

Three days after quitting my cock was harder and stronger than it’d been in 10 years.

Bottom line…this shit will kill you.

Quit now.

Or…continue to enjoy you oral fixated hillbillies!

^ You are always funny Sen, just a question are you an all or nothing guy? Do you have problems with moderation? Just by what you wrote, taking a guess, I have been accused of being this type of person. Not joking just asking, the vices I have in my life that will have physical effects on me at age 37 I work on controlling. Takes a lot of help from my wife. I limit myself to one can a week, maybe during football season one can every 5 days. I cant help I am a Hillbilly.

I only dip when I drink. So I still get that fuck your world up buzz everytime…shit rox!

Grizzly or wolf wintergreen.

[quote]Captnoblivious wrote:
I only dip when I drink. So I still get that fuck your world up buzz everytime…shit rox!

Grizzly or wolf wintergreen.[/quote]

You can actually find wolf wintergreen still?

Holy shit.

I haven’t seen that stuff since I was like 12 gazing at the chew rack in gas stations when my Dad would buy his smokes.

[quote]krazykoukides wrote:

Holy shit.

I haven’t seen that stuff since I was like 12 gazing at the chew rack in gas stations when my Dad would buy his smokes.[/quote]

hell yeah! Ive found it in West Virginia, TN, and TX!

I think its under 2$ a can in WV!

Holy shit.

I haven’t seen that stuff since I was like 12 gazing at the chew rack in gas stations when my Dad would buy his smokes.[/quote]

hell yeah! Ive found it in West Virginia, TN, and TX!

I think its under 2$ a can in WV!
[/quote]

We’ve got wolf apple, peach and mint in abbundance up here in NH/VT. Just copped a freshie Kodiak mint and it rang up as "Kodiak - Ice ". Nice. Feels like its snowing in my mouth.

I had to write a ten page paper on Ping Pong and everything ping pong related. Rudy and my trusty can of Cope Straight are the only things that have kept me sane tonight.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen wolf wintergreen before. Then again, I’ve never really dipped anything but Copenhagen or Skoal. Do yall really like Wolf or is it more of a price thing for yall?

[quote]tommytoughnuts wrote:
I had to write a ten page paper on Ping Pong and everything ping pong related. Rudy and my trusty can of Cope Straight are the only things that have kept me sane tonight.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen wolf wintergreen before. Then again, I’ve never really dipped anything but Copenhagen or Skoal. Do yall really like Wolf or is it more of a price thing for yall?[/quote]

Brother, any sort of budget dip is complete shit.

I remember the time I asked my brother to pick me up a can of Kodiak. He fucked up and got Kayak instead. Shit was fucking pencil shavings.

Stick with the good shit. Skoal, Cope, and Kodiak are cool. Anything less is just fucking nasty and weak.

[quote]Vicomte wrote:

I don’t think I’ve ever seen wolf wintergreen before. Then again, I’ve never really dipped anything but Copenhagen or Skoal. Do yall really like Wolf or is it more of a price thing for yall?[/quote]

I remember the time I asked my brother to pick me up a can of Kodiak. He fucked up and got Kayak instead. Shit was fucking pencil shavings.

Stick with the good shit. Skoal, Cope, and Kodiak are cool. Anything less is just fucking nasty and weak.[/quote]

Except Grizzly. Grizzly is tough and will screw up your gums… but it’s stronger than most of skoal’s variations. Grizzly is budget Kodiak. It’s the only thing that comes close.

[quote]Vicomte wrote:

Stick with the good shit. Skoal, Cope, and Kodiak are cool. Anything less is just fucking nasty and weak.[/quote]

Except Grizzly. Grizzly is tough and will screw up your gums… but it’s stronger than most of skoal’s variations. Grizzly is budget Kodiak. It’s the only thing that comes close.
[/quote]

Once you dip Kodiak, you don’t go back. Grizzly is obviously the closest thing, but compared to Kodiak it’s just really bitter.

All the other brands are really much weaker. Also, they just don’t taste as good.

[quote]Vicomte wrote:

[/quote]

Wendler once called Grizzly the welfare bear, makes me laugh.

Kodiak mint is far superior to Grizz mint.

Ive seen and have dipped wolf wintergreen when in a pinch (no pun intended) for cash

Seriously…if your a redman chomper…pour sum honey in the pouch. Ur spit wods are the size of puddles. I wanted to invest ina spitoon.

One more question. We used to spit in gallon jugs to save trips downstairs and to have to leave the gaming room. Has anyone done anything gross with their spitters? Im talking highschool years.

We poured a gallon of spit into the back seat of some assholes car one time.

Lol well when I was dipping… Kodiak was just under $6 a can. Grizzly was just under $5. I’ll take Grizzly! lol

Now days… Kodiak is just over $7 a can… Grizzly just over $6 around here. Fucking sucks. Soon it will be as bad as cigarette prices around here…

welfare bear is pretty funny though! :slight_smile:

edit: I was dipping 1.5 tins a day when I was dipping. So the dollar I saved by buying Grizzly really added up.

Lol well when I was dipping… Kodiak was just under $6 a can. Grizzly was just under $5. I’ll take Grizzly! lol

Now days… Kodiak is just over $7 a can… Grizzly just over $6 around here. Fucking sucks. Soon it will be as bad as cigarette prices around here…

welfare bear is pretty funny though! :slight_smile:

edit: I was dipping 1.5 tins a day when I was dipping. So the dollar I saved by buying Grizzly really added up.[/quote]

damn dude. kodiak, grizz, skoal…pretty much everything is under $5 here in VT/NH. $7 a tin is rediculous. I can get 2 grizzlys for that much.