The Official Dip Thread

My kid brother wanted to dip. Have you ever seen an Asian Kid try to dip? Weird as fuck. Damn Texas Culture got to him.

I discovered three cans of Kodiak Ice in a Walgreens once.

Wrinkle in time.

[quote]Vicomte wrote:

Wrinkle in time.[/quote]

Did you know that the Walgreens in this area do not carry Skoal? Fucking ruined a night for me once.

I LOVE <3 dip. I usually go with skoal mint, because i know someone who works for them and thats what i get. I agree with the poster who said he liked the taste of tobacco so when i do purchase i go with cope straight.

Vicomte- i used to get the headaches too, i do about a tin a day if that matters, and after a while youre body realizes it wont win and will stop giving you headaches lol.

Also I dont know about you guys but every so often my mouth gets all kinds of cut up and it hurts to dip, in which case i will go to actual redman chew, or a little something ive discovered, some dont believe me but i swear its true, skoal apple, its the softest one there is for some reason and no matter how cut up you are it will not hurt, so if you have this problem do apple for about a week and the cuts will heal then you can go back to your regularly scheduled chewing flavor.

The first lip you ever thew in what flavor? and can you still chew that flavor?
-mine was skoal peach, and it makes me nauseous to this day if i smell it.

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]Vicomte wrote:

Wrinkle in time.[/quote]

Did you know that the Walgreens in this area do not carry Skoal? Fucking ruined a night for me once. [/quote]

same here, many dont even carry dip

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
Buncha idiots.

It won’t be so damned cool when your lower jaw rots off from oral cancer.

Darwinism in progress.[/quote]

While partially true… comparing dip to smoking… dip is significantly safer.

If you go the swedish snus route … studies showed to have little chance of developing oral cancer (something like 0.3% increase in risk)…

I moved from dip to snus for a while… but then NY state caught up to the site I was buying it off of and now the taxes have made it too expensive. So I don’t dip anymore.

If I smell anything that remotely smells like wintergreen… I have intense cravings for the stuff. It takes alot to not drive to the nearest gas station and buy a tin of Grizzy wintergreen or skoal edge.

[quote]fighting_fires wrote:
I LOVE <3 dip. I usually go with skoal mint, because i know someone who works for them and thats what i get. I agree with the poster who said he liked the taste of tobacco so when i do purchase i go with cope straight.

Vicomte- i used to get the headaches too, i do about a tin a day if that matters, and after a while youre body realizes it wont win and will stop giving you headaches lol.

Also I dont know about you guys but every so often my mouth gets all kinds of cut up and it hurts to dip, in which case i will go to actual redman chew, or a little something ive discovered, some dont believe me but i swear its true, skoal apple, its the softest one there is for some reason and no matter how cut up you are it will not hurt, so if you have this problem do apple for about a week and the cuts will heal then you can go back to your regularly scheduled chewing flavor.

-mine was skoal peach, and it makes me nauseous to this day if i smell it. [/quote]

Bad advise brother, you are a Medic. What does nicotine do, vasoconstrict. What if vicomte was having HTN episodes due to the nicotine? Also as a medic sublingual administration of medication is one of the faster routes of delivery, that happens with dip also. Just fucking with you, but not really, no really, but seriously.

-mine was skoal peach, and it makes me nauseous to this day if i smell it. [/quote]

Skoal apple is also freaking weak. I used to do 1/4 of a tin at a time of skoal apple just to feel satisfied. It does taste delicious though!

The first lip I ever threw in was mint. After a few months the same thing happened to me. If I smelled it I wanted to puke, if I tried to throw it in - I puked. It seems to be a common occurrence too. Everybody I knew around here that dips - there is always a flavor they suddenly cannot dip anymore and makes them puke.

I remember my first ever dip like it was yesterday. Freshman year of college I lived with an ex college baseball player/tournament fisherman who went through a can a day of Copenhagen wintergreen or Skoal fine. Mid october I finally pulled the trigger and threw in some of the fine cut and got the biggest body buzz ever. I can’t really deal with anything but the flavored Skoals anymore

[quote]tommytoughnuts wrote:

I remember my first ever dip like it was yesterday. Freshman year of college I lived with an ex college baseball player/tournament fisherman who went through a can a day of Copenhagen wintergreen or Skoal fine. Mid october I finally pulled the trigger and threw in some of the fine cut and got the biggest body buzz ever. I can’t really deal with anything but the flavored Skoals anymore[/quote]

Now you are talking, 1985 I was 12 hunting with my uncles in Florida. Sitting in a jeep with a 30-30 hunting hogs. My uncles all dip and got my first taste of Skoal, was flying high for about 30 minutes then had to stop and puke. 30 min later had another one in my mouth and never looked back.

Dipping longhorn wintergreen these days cause it’s cheap but I chew ALOT more because it wears out quick. Was chewing skoal apple but it’s expensive. I get longhorn sometimes for $.99 a can, usually $1.50ish.

Have a buddy who one day decided he was a cowboy, showed up at work in boots, hat and giant belt buckle. I told him if he really wanted to be a cowboy he needed to chew so he took dip. 10 minutes later he’d disappeared, I found him behind the building puking his nuts off, he’d been swollowing it.

My first dip was 10th grade, Levi Garrett, still love that stuff just haven’t bought it in a long time.

It was 2004 in the library at school. Copenhagen Long Cut. Loved the taste, blurred vision, huge buzz. Still chew the same thing, though I do go to the Longhorn from time to time since the state keeps raising the tobacco tax and Copenhagen is getting a little pricey. Also had a buddy who wanted to chew he tried 3 times puked like he was calling dinosauers all 3 times and gave up. Quitter.

[quote]DJHT wrote:

Bad advise brother, you are a Medic. What does nicotine do, vasoconstrict. What if vicomte was having HTN episodes due to the nicotine? Also as a medic sublingual administration of medication is one of the faster routes of delivery, that happens with dip also. Just fucking with you, but not really, no really, but seriously. [/quote]

hahaha i lol’d at this one. I was talking on personal experience and the will to dip, who even cares about the medical side of things when were talking about chewing haha. that did have me laughing though. but seriously…

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]tommytoughnuts wrote:

I remember my first ever dip like it was yesterday. Freshman year of college I lived with an ex college baseball player/tournament fisherman who went through a can a day of Copenhagen wintergreen or Skoal fine. Mid october I finally pulled the trigger and threw in some of the fine cut and got the biggest body buzz ever. I can’t really deal with anything but the flavored Skoals anymore[/quote]

Now you are talking, 1985 I was 12 hunting with my uncles in Florida. Sitting in a jeep with a 30-30 hunting hogs. My uncles all dip and got my first taste of Skoal, was flying high for about 30 minutes then had to stop and puke. 30 min later had another one in my mouth and never looked back. [/quote]

wasnt even alive in '85 :slight_smile:

I was 15 and happened to be in a hot tub when i took my first lip, it felt much better than being drunk. just awesome.

I dipped Cope for 8 years. That was a hard habit to kick.

Redman. While I’m smoking.

[quote]dshroy wrote:
Redman. While I’m smoking.[/quote]

Woah. That’s as hardcore as you get.

How big are your pinches?

Skoal Berry, Cherry & Straight…FTW. And yes…my Wally’s has a SHHIITTT TON of chew.

Alsoo…Anyone ever tried putting honey in their Redman pouch??? My buddy is a UVM Lax player and brought that back from school. Really really fucking good.

[quote]krazykoukides wrote:

[quote]dshroy wrote:
Redman. While I’m smoking.[/quote]

Woah. That’s as hardcore as you get.

How big are your pinches?[/quote]

Not huge, Im on the phone most of the day with clients, so I cant just throw in a massive chaw. I go thru about a pouch every 2-3 days though. And about a pack of cigs a day.

Definetly popped in a lip of Kodiak while chewing Days O Work. I remember chewing that shit while on firewatch in the barracks, by the end of a 4 hour watch the deck (outdoors) would be an oil slick.

As far a dip, Kodiak Wintergreen or Cope Long Cut. Skoal only if you’re desperate, and a pouch only if you are in formation or some shit and have to gut it.

As far as chew, Days O Work, Redman Golden or Levi Garrett.