The Most Important Interview America Needs to Know

I have to say, these impressions haven’t managed to travel across the pond well. It seems most people over here seemed to see Hillary as much as a “not-Trump” candidate as Biden, possibly more so by virtue of being a woman. Obviously, this was all pre-Epstein.

…and the flies all around her, and the hooves inside her boots…

Lots of people don’t like her politics or her shrill, abrasive personal style.She’s said lots of stuff to piss off lots of people

(“it takes a village to raise a child” “we’re gonna put a lot of coal miners out of work” and the Benghazi response “With all due respect, the fact is we had four dead Americans. **Was it because of a protest or was it because of guys out for a walk one night who decided that they’d they go kill some Americans? What difference at this point does it make?”)

She’s super high profile and well known so it’s natural for her to kind of “personify” Democrats and lefty ideas.

And she’s been on the national scene for like 30 years, which is really unusual for American politics. usually after being in the White House, politicians shut up and go away. But she was First Lady, not President, so she was just getting started.

2 Likes

I guess all of these quotes need a bit of context but:

Seems like a pretty common and uncontroversial phrase. I assume there’s some context that I’m not getting here?

I understand the sentiment (fossil fuels = bad), but surely a career politician has to be smarter than this? Silly phrasing, but not enough to hate someone for.

I don’t know anything about Benghazi, other than it seems to be a big stain on her reputation. Maybe I should do some reading on it.

I dug a little deeper. “It Takes a Village” was a book Clinton released in 1996, an election year. The Republican Candidate at the time said something like “it doesn’t take a village, it takes a family.” So I guess it a fun word game between politicians before an election.

Yeah,use of fossil fuels were an important issue in the '16 election.

4 state department officials were killed in Benghazi in an attack on our embassy. At the time Clinton was in charge. Congress launched a big investigation and there were hearings where in 2014 Clinton had to testify.

Anyway, these were just 3 things that stuck out in my mind. A few of times over like 20 years where Hillary was a highly visible target for Republicans to focus on. Like opportunities for 2 or 3 generations not to like her.

There’s also the rumors of murdering former business partners(white water), corruption (taking bribes for access as secretary of state) and other scandals that were mentioned.

Personal stuff, her Lefty politics l, her job performance as top diplomat. There’s plenty not to like.

1 Like

I gotta give you credit for consistency Pat. You’ve now got about twenty years of the sky is falling America is over type posts. May your health maintain and we get twenty more years of the same argument over and over!

1 Like

I wouldn’t call that unusual at all. Not the norm, but not uncommon. We’ve got a number of senators and representatives who got their jobs in the 70’s and 80’s. I’ve got more white than brown hairs on my head now and there are all kinds of people who’ve been on the scene for as long as I’ve had awareness of politics and even a decade before that.

Joe Biden, for one. Here’s a great reminder that he’s also been completely, totally full of shit for his whole life. (The whole first minute is Biden straight-up lying). He’s always been a Mayor Quimby, but back then he could at least have coherent exchanges of words while telling his falsehoods. His lies basically sank his 1988 campaign. Man, what I’d give for Michael Dukakis to be president today.

I also remember this guy from my childhood, another notable moment of my young adulthood and he’s still on the scene. There is another guy who is still on the scene (but not twitter) from 1980’s New York City who gets a bit of screen time in this interesting story.

I’ve been hoping for a Ventura administration since 1987. At least the people of Minnesota were briefly anointed with his leadership.

Thomas Sowell is still with us too, and still a very coherent author and speaker in his 90’s who just published a book and has been publishing books since at least the 70’s. Here he is roasting a Karen in 1981 (at age 51).

Hillary probably has a good 40-50 years left on the scene if what they say about her is true.

3 Likes

She just needs to shed her skin like a lizard, drink a pint of baby’s blood and molt into someone that doesn’t have the stench of 50+ political opponents’ deaths following her. They’ve basically already uploaded her subconscious into Pelosi already, so there may be more than 1 lurking around.

1 Like

How many of these would be nationally recognised though?

Maybe it’s different in the US, but over here the public seem to have space in their collective brain for maybe 3-5 political figures at once, and thats being generous. I assume for the same reason that most sitcoms only find space for maybe 3-5 fully fledged characters, and everyone else has to be a charicature.

1 Like

I agree out the “Nationally Recognized” part. Like 2jar mentioned, many congress people are in office for years, but only hit the national scene for part of that time. Like despite Biden being around forever I’d never heard of him until he was Vice President.

Guiliani and Ventura are good examples of other unusual paths. Mafia prosecutor, to 9-11 Mayor to President’s bag-man or Wrestler to Governor are as unusual as First Lady to Presidential Candidate.

Sowell is cool, only not a politician.

It depends on the person you ask, I imagine. You’re probably right that most people may only have space for a few political figures in their head at once, but we’ve always had some fixtures like Nancy Pelosi that even the most politically unaware will look at and say…

“That old hag is still in government?”

Here’s a fun list with good old Robert Byrd near the top. He was a very loyal Democrat and passionate Klu Klux Klan leader who only left office when he died in 2010 at age 92.

2 Likes

I included him because he’s been “on the scene” in American politics for a very long time now. Here’s a great clip of him talking circles around Joe Biden during the Robert Bork nomination hearings. The contrast in intellects was stunning then, and it is even more profound today.

1 Like

OK! this is pretty good context. Long lasting Congressmen served in one position for a long time. Hillary Clinton has been in multiple spots for shorter time frames. Maybe this shows that she’s a “Climber” treating each job as just a step towards the next “promotion.” And maybe that’s one more thing to like or not like.

1 Like

That’s a fact-free right-wing media narrative meant to unfairly slander Hillary Clinton, and high-integrity posters like me don’t take part in that sort of thing.

Anyone paying attention will note the vast amounts of Transylvanian soil being moved by rail car to well-known Clinton lairs. Let the manifests speak for themselves.

3 Likes

Appreciating the subtle dracula/draconian reference here.

Everyone knows she needs the sacred soil to lay her eggs in, and Transilvania’s finest is the only substrate that will do.

“It takes a village to raise a hatchling”

2 Likes

I think to understand people like Hillary Clinton, one must dispose of all virtues and care only for power.

-known ‘feminist’ yet married to one of the most notorious misogynistic people in history
-was a defense attorney who frequently bragged about keeping rapists out of jail
-labeled the whole black community as ‘supercriminals’ and passed legislation that disproportionately targeted the black population
-sent literal thousands of classified emails through her personal email (if I did this, I’d be in jail for 10 years minimum). I should note, this requires one to INTENTIONALLY TRANSFER FILES from a secure server to an unclassified network via hardware (CD/floppy/thumb drive).
-abandoned 4 Marines in Benghazi, Yemen (on 9/11/2011) while serving as Secretary of State

I could go on for days. She is whats known as a political windsock, as in she will change her stance as soon as it becomes unfavorable within her own party.

2 Likes

She was a pope?

I think you meant poop

I can’t tell if you are being genuine or not, but I will assume you are. Either way, it’s not incumbent on me to make you dislike hillary as much as I do. You can like or dislike her. Feel free to look it up yourself. Hell, look what Richard Hitchens thought or Peter Hitchens, their British.
And besides your country has enough problems.

1 Like

@dagill2 And there your the divide right there. People like @fitafter40 and I say, do what you want, decide for yourself. Folks like @FlatsFarmer say, you should or you ought to do ‘X’ or ‘Y’.
It’s the difference between people who believe in personal responsibility and those who believe they are perfect vessels who need to correct everyone else’s behavior.
The real question and the nuance of this is, which sounds more reasonable? ‘You worry about you and I worry about me’, or ‘I have the answer and it is _____.’ Which side do you want to be on? Because it is sides. There is no middle in the culture war. It’s authoritarian left, vs. libertarian center to right.

I heard a great quote and it seems to me to be reasonable enough to be true. ‘The first step to tyranny is the removal of nuance’. Sounds about right.
Instead of pulling the old, “So what your saying is…” Just listen.

I really hoped people spent at least a little time on the videos. If this thread has to get derailed, I certainly don’t want it to be about somebody as irrelevant and vile as hillary. Perhaps derail, on the fruits of the Soviet’s labor, and the subversion of the seats of power by the radical left.

2 Likes