The Last Airbender

[quote]pradaboy wrote:
I’ve never considered watching this cartoon because it was on Nickelodeon, thought it was some sort of childish crap. Guess I’ll have to reconsider.[/quote]

I guess that’s why I got into it…because I NEVER saw it on tv. I firs bought it at WalMart because the packaging looked interesting and was instantly hooked. I didn’t even find out it was on Nickelodeon until after watching half of it so I never got that “must be just for kids” impression.

It isn’t just for kids. They don’t cuss in it, but it is pretty clear that Sokka was getting it on with his girlfriend in the tent in the last season.

Every character in that show went through some huge transformation by the end of it…with Zuko’s uncle being the most impressive.

[quote]decapsk8 wrote:

[quote]pradaboy wrote:
I’ve never considered watching this cartoon because it was on Nickelodeon, thought it was some sort of childish crap. Guess I’ll have to reconsider.[/quote]
I was talking to a guy the other day about that. I almost missed it because I grouped it with Sponge Bob and all that crap.
Luckily it looks like Nickelodeon hasn’t damaged it’s rep too much.[/quote]

Is it just me, or did Zuko not have a scar in the trailer?

Looks like maybe he has a little one but, they might have left it out just because of how he got it.

So excited for this movie! I loved the series!

Looks pretty sick. I have not seen, nor have any knowledge of the series. Is there any where online to watch the episodes? Preferably somewhere that won’t destroy my computer.

Although I agree Sokka’s sarcasm sometimes saves an episode and makes it great, even if this movie was in a darker light it’s going to be extremely bad ass.

[quote]WestCoast7 wrote:
Looks pretty sick. I have not seen, nor have any knowledge of the series. Is there any where online to watch the episodes? Preferably somewhere that won’t destroy my computer.[/quote]

http://www.adc-distro.com/

Hasn’t harmed my computer so far. You can stream or download full episodes…after you register(for free).

Now i’m gonna have to go watch this.
God damnit :frowning:

I kept hearing about this movie and thinking it was about guitar players or something.

I’ve seen that kid with the arrow tattoo on candy bars here in Taiwan without knowing what it was.

http://www.theavatarportal.org/Watch-Episodes.php

where I watched all of them.

The toys (action figures & stuff) are also looking good. I work for a company that has the license to make them so if I’m feeling the movie I might get a set.

The 6’ Aang figure is decent

The finale was epic. Ang’s final fight with the fire lord was one for the books. Fucking epic.

Now I no longer have to be ashamed - never would’ve thought that so many of you ironbenders have watched it ^^
One of a few series that has managed to spellbind me. It operates on so many emotional levels, imo.
I fear that they haven’t managed to capture the personalities of the characters.

[quote]Loh-fyve wrote:
Now I no longer have to be ashamed - never would’ve thought that so many of you ironbenders have watched it ^^
One of a few series that has managed to spellbind me. It operates on so many emotional levels, imo.
I fear that they haven’t managed to capture the personalities of the characters.

[/quote]

Yeah…but we had years to connect with those characters. I was watching the series again starting last night and there was so much shit I even forgot about…like the first time he met the “face stealer”. That whole battle could be a movie in itself and they were just getting started.

After “Unbreakable” M Nights stuff has been unbearable; it almost seems like his way of taking a huge shit in our mouths and having us pay for it.

This looks interesting: other then the 3D element Avatar was garbage.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]Loh-fyve wrote:

[/quote]

Yeah…but we had years to connect with those characters. I was watching the series again starting last night and there was so much shit I even forgot about…like the first time he met the “face stealer”. That whole battle could be a movie in itself and they were just getting started.[/quote]

Yes! The face stealer was crazy. You right. That part could be a movie on it own. I think I talked about it earlier in this thread. That thing is freaky, it stuck with me for a while. (Like when the baboon looks at him with no face) The whole idea of him being the tether between the spirit world and the real world is awesome. All the parts where he talks to the former Avatars is great. Even the giant panda part is cool.

I could talk about this series for hours. Pro X brought me a good idea. I think I’m gonna watch the whole thing again.

[quote]Loh-fyve wrote:
I fear that they haven’t managed to capture the personalities of the characters. [/quote]

This. Was shocked to find a thread about it here. Awesome show. Hope the movie’s any good because so far the trailers mostly show action, not personalities.

[quote]Majin wrote:

[quote]Loh-fyve wrote:
I fear that they haven’t managed to capture the personalities of the characters. [/quote]

This. Was shocked to find a thread about it here. Awesome show. Hope the movie’s any good because so far the trailers mostly show action, not personalities.[/quote]

Motherfucker, did you avatar a screen cap from a VHS fansub of DBZ?

yip yip!