The Last Airbender

Ya the ethnicity of the characters is not going to be an issue. The whole series is “inspired” by anime and is made by Americans. They never really say anything about races in the series other than the 4 (water tribe, earth nation, fire nation, (air monks?)) nations of people anyways.

I really won’t mind if they leave out all of the slapstick comedy from Soka and Aang. I think even if Shamalan makes it a little darker it will be pretty sweet. But, seeing how he watched the series too and his kids like it, there will be at least a little of that in there.

I think the most important part is to stay true to the idea of the air monks and their teachings to Aang. Maybe even a little bit about how he had to grow up a little too fast. That shit really hit home for me. Also, I think it would be pretty sweet if they introduced his meditation in the spirit world.(that crazy thing that stole faces was scary as hell)

I was hooked from season 1 episode 1 and I had no bad feelings about ANY direction they took from there on out. I’m not sure if they are gonna put Toph in this one but she was my favorite secondary character for sure. If she is not in this one I’m sure she will be introduced in the later ones if they decide to make a trilogy out of it.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:
Full length trailer

I blew this show off because it was on Nickelodeon…I got into it after actually watching an episode with my 6 year-old nephew. Then I bought the whole box set and became a bum for a few days…lol. I really enjoyed it. People label it as “Japanimation”…but it’s only inspired from it(which is not a bad thing).

I think people will blow the movie off because of the target demograph of the show(if they even know about it) and/or just make the judgment that it’s just another M.Shyamalan creation. Even so,plenty of parents will be begged by their kids to take them to see this movie. I just worry that humor,wittiness,etc will be lost in trying be “serious” with the movie. Especially,the numerous reminders that Aang is a child…and Sokka is a sarcastic genius.

[/quote]

I looked it up…and I think they are leaving Azula (the firelord’s daughter and Zuko’s sister) out of this one…which I hope is only so she can dominate in a sequel.

I was sold on this series as being epic the moment she went insane along with the fight scenes in that episode.[/quote]

OMG, no kidding, Azula was completely badass. Is Zuko’s uncle going to be in it? And will they keep his character essentially the same? He was nearly as funny as Sokka, and I loved how he was Zuko conscience throughout most of the series. How far into the series is the movie going?

[quote]sunshne wrote:

OMG, no kidding, Azula was completely badass. Is Zuko’s uncle going to be in it? And will they keep his character essentially the same? He was nearly as funny as Sokka, and I loved how he was Zuko conscience throughout most of the series. How far into the series is the movie going?[/quote]

I love uncle Iroh! He was way funnier than Soka. I hope he is gonna be in it! Zuko is gonna have a big part in this one so I assume he will be too.

If they do a trilogy there will be 4, each based on 1 season of the series. So, essentially it will be the whole series.

[quote]decapsk8 wrote:

[quote]sunshne wrote:

If they do a trilogy there will be 4, each based on 1 season of the series. So, essentially it will be the whole series.[/quote]

A trilogy is 3

4=3 ?

[quote]NJ-Polska wrote:

[quote]decapsk8 wrote:

[quote]sunshne wrote:

If they do a trilogy there will be 4, each based on 1 season of the series. So, essentially it will be the whole series.[/quote]

A trilogy is 3

4=3 ?[/quote]
Good call.
What would 4 be then?

A Series ?

[quote]NJ-Polska wrote:
A Series ?[/quote]

Hell, I don’t know. I was askin you!
Star Wars id called a Trilogy and there are 6 of them.

[quote]decapsk8 wrote:
Ya the ethnicity of the characters is not going to be an issue. The whole series is “inspired” by anime and is made by Americans. They never really say anything about races in the series other than the 4 (water tribe, earth nation, fire nation, (air monks?)) nations of people anyways.

I really won’t mind if they leave out all of the slapstick comedy from Soka and Aang. I think even if Shamalan makes it a little darker it will be pretty sweet. But, seeing how he watched the series too and his kids like it, there will be at least a little of that in there.

I think the most important part is to stay true to the idea of the air monks and their teachings to Aang. Maybe even a little bit about how he had to grow up a little too fast. That shit really hit home for me. Also, I think it would be pretty sweet if they introduced his meditation in the spirit world.(that crazy thing that stole faces was scary as hell)

I was hooked from season 1 episode 1 and I had no bad feelings about ANY direction they took from there on out. I’m not sure if they are gonna put Toph in this one but she was my favorite secondary character for sure. If she is not in this one I’m sure she will be introduced in the later ones if they decide to make a trilogy out of it.[/quote]

Toph was badass…but as far as the evil guys go, the big dude with the eye in his forehead (the one that could shoot mental blasts through it) that they never named should definitely be in this.

[quote]decapsk8 wrote:

I was hooked from season 1 episode 1 and I had no bad feelings about ANY direction they took from there on out. I’m not sure if they are gonna put Toph in this one but she was my favorite secondary character for sure. If she is not in this one I’m sure she will be introduced in the later ones if they decide to make a trilogy out of it.[/quote]

Toph was badass…but as far as the evil guys go, the big dude with the eye in his forehead (the one that could shoot mental blasts through it) that they never named should definitely be in this.[/quote]

The real badass was Zuko’s uncle Iroh. He’s one of the best fire benders and developed that lightning redirection technique. Plus he went from chubby tea drinking old man to this… What I want to know is how they’re going to portray him in the movie with such a drastic change in physique.

For all of you who havent seen the tv series yet and want to:

http://www.animefreak.tv/watch/avatar-last-airbender

In my opinion its not so epic that i would buy a boxed set or anything, so here is the link to watch it free from you computer.

Toph was badass…but as far as the evil guys go, the big dude with the eye in his forehead (the one that could shoot mental blasts through it) that they never named should definitely be in this.[/quote]

I’m not sure about that guy. From what I remember, that whole story was going on while they were trien to get Zuko in the right mindset to teach Aang firebending and I was wrapped up in that.

But for evil characters, the Bloodbender lady was pretty badass. I was all about the way she stole the life out of the plants.

[quote]NJ-Polska wrote:
A Series ?[/quote]

It’s called a tetralogy

I’m looking forward to this movie, I like M. Night Shylamalan. I even liked Lady in the Water.

I wonder what the twist ending will be.

[quote]matko5 wrote:
I wonder what the twist ending will be.[/quote]

Katara was really dead the whole time, and Zuko was the real avatar. Also the Fire Nation never existed, it was just something their parents told them to stop them from leaving the Water Nation.

I hope this will not mutilate the series.

I’ve never considered watching this cartoon because it was on Nickelodeon, thought it was some sort of childish crap. Guess I’ll have to reconsider.

[quote]pradaboy wrote:
I’ve never considered watching this cartoon because it was on Nickelodeon, thought it was some sort of childish crap. Guess I’ll have to reconsider.[/quote]
I was talking to a guy the other day about that. I almost missed it because I grouped it with Sponge Bob and all that crap.
Luckily it looks like Nickelodeon hasn’t damaged it’s rep too much.

[quote]matko5 wrote:

The camera will backtrack to show the whole conflict is a game on a computer screen and Haley Joel Osment is playing while hanging out with Dead Bruce Willis.

[quote]matko5 wrote:

It turns out the aliens are killed by water, or germs.

I’m looking forward to this movie. I used to watch this show with my kids. When I first saw last summer that they were making it into a movie, I was excited for it. I’m also a fan of M. Knight.

DB