The Flame-Free Confession Thread

was that the floating head guy?

No, that dimwit was on ketamine lol. Besides, people in China don’t know about the floating head folkkore.

1 Like

I confess that I have become sour enough online that I refuse to answer questions from anyone that uses a meme in their question.

If someone asks a question about “skwatz”, “gainz”, “getting thicc”, etc, I basically assume that person is far too ironic to care to get real advice.

8 Likes

I think the “should I bulk or cut?” threads are more annoying. I’ll never contribute to another of those.

8 Likes

Also true. Basically “Hey, I already know what I want to do; can someone please give me permission to do it?”

10 Likes

haha, yeah, or even worse “hey guys I am so useless I cannot work out how much food I should put in my mouth over the next 12 weeks. Can someone please make the decision for me?”

2 Likes

I think the worst are the guys who ask why they’re not gaining weight and then insist that they’re doing nothing wrong when told to eat more because an online calculator gave them their optimal caloric intake.

It’s like let’s say the internet tells you the optimal times to wipe your ass after taking a dump is 5. You do that and your ass still isn’t clean, do you just pull up your pants and go online and ask, “Hey guys, there’s still shit stuck in my ass after wiping 5 times. Should I change the brand of the toilet paper I’m using?”

23 Likes

This is phenomenal

1 Like

haha, yeah, and then when someone says “dude everyone else in the world just wipes their ass until it’s clean” they’ll argue for like 4000 posts using studies they don’t understand to try and prove their point, and say that we can only handle so much wiping because we’re on steroids

8 Likes

I wouldnt call it lurking, but this forum, and the main T-Nation website, was instrumental in getting me to where I am now in terms of training and nutrition.

I havent read them daily for a few years, but for probably 10 years I read every article posted on here, and was a daily forumite.

No one in my group of friends gravitated towards weight training, so this forum became my outlet to talk about all this stuff and get immersed in it like only a 18-20 year old can, I’m 100% certain I would not have competed in BB without this forum, which was an interesting experience I am glad I will always carry with me (even though I am nearly positive I dont do again).

1 Like

Lol you’ll eventually get nitwits calling people fake natties based on how far away they are from the optimal number of times for wiping your ass.

“But I’m vegan! I consume lots of fiber!”

1 Like

Another situation where optimal is best. To little fiber is a problem. Too much fiber is a problem.

Optimal Fiber = No Wipers!

2 Likes

I’ll take the know it all who’s achieved nothing over the whackjobs (aliens, conspiracy nuts, salespeople, etc)

If you supplement fiber then you’re not natty.

2 Likes

I watched someone wrap up (knees) to deadlift and I have no idea if this would be a good overload… perhaps if you are weak off the floor but I’ve never seen this in strongman where this kind of cheating is okay so I assume not

It’s a weird situation where sumo would probably benefit the most from it, but it would be illegal in powerlifting to wrap and illegal in strongman to pull sumo.

2 Likes

Small victories are more pleasing than anything to me right now lol Two examples:

Post workout meal (apologies for the blurriness)

The bacon, the egg and the bread all came out almost exactly the same size. I almost had to rub one out I was so pleased (part of me wanted to shape the cheese lol)

Earlier, I cling wrapped a bowl and it came out perfectly taut across the top, no folds or wrinkles, like a drum.

I was more please with those than anything else I’ve achieved this past week haha

6 Likes

Sometimes it feels good to eat 2500 calories in one sitting.

This was called the “Greek Special”.

Ingredients are:

Gyro meat (a shit ton)
Eggs (4)
Sausage patties (4)
Buttermilk biscuits (4)
Bacon (4 on the side)
Hashbrowns (the bottom layer)
Sausage gravy
Green chili (colorado special!)
A shit ton of cheese
Oil
Tomatoes
Onions
Jalapenos
Hot sauce

The picture doesn’t do it justice but this skillet was literally the size of my chest lol. It’s basically a food pyramid. They start with the hash browns and cheese on bottom. Then add the biscuits and gravy with the patties on top, then eggs, gyro meat, and then smother it in all sorts of chili and sauce and then add eggs again on top!

6 Likes

That was something entirely different where I came from lol

5 Likes

Holy shit, this made me laugh, long and hard.

4 Likes