The Flame-Free Confession Thread II

I think it’s sped things up a bit which is good for spectators. Now we don’t have to watch four heats just to see the top few competitors in days three and four.

I don’t like how they did it though. One event and cut. Second event and cut. I think it should be by the day so someone with one bad event wouldn’t be cut.

In the past week, I’ve seen you post about your hormones being crashed and now you’re stressing about steps in a day. Anna, you’re walking down a dark and dangerous road. These are big red flags for an eating disorder or at the very least, an unhealthy relationship with food.

Please talk to a professional and get some help for your mind.

9 Likes

happy%20bulldog

Ok … I have to admit I am being narcissistic a little. I changed my profile pic for a recent one since I realized the old one gave the impression that I didn’t have any arms because of the camera angle.

6 Likes

If you’ve got it, flaunt it :kissing_heart:

3 Likes

sexy%20bulldog

:wink:

4 Likes

Ha, yes, we have 160 acres, where there’s an outhouse, a shed, a picnic table and a giant fire pit. Not sure whether that constitutes “glam,” but it’s very nice! A couple of times a year friends and family come to play.

There’s two minutes between your post and the one above. So either you’re the world fastest meme maker - or that was saved up ready to go…

2 Likes

I have a bunch of bulldog ones on my computer saved up.

1 Like

That would be equivalent to car camping as weight is not important and you have “facilities”.
But I am jealous of the 160 acres. I got 80 and it is a lot of work to keep up with the work.

For me camping is still hiking hours with a backpack from site to site over a few days.

1 Like

The way some folks carry on about food drives me nuts. You’d think that if a python slid into the gym they would just lay their halplessly while the snake swallowed them whole because they had one egg instead of four in the morning.

Ripped a muscle off the bone? Food will cure it. Have HIV? Food will solve your ills. Been decapitated? Shove some steak down your exposed esophagus.

Food is important, food is not a miracle

1 Like

I played Duke Nukem - I know what to do to exposed esophagi.

3 Likes

Do I even want to ask?

nice arms. They look like they belong on a silverback gorilla. People must be afraid to ask how much do you bench

1 Like

Probably not, because I think I know what to do as well

Thanks for the reminder. I posted this because I was feeling lazy/ guilty for “making excuses” or “taking the easy way out”, especially when the opportunity to workout arises

On the first point, I actually enjoyed watching multiple heats for each event. Sometimes, an underdog would do surprisingly well.

I agree with the second point - do the cuts at the end of the first and second days. Have 20 competitors on the third day, and either cut down to 10 for the last day or keep the top 20.

Confession/gripe - Three of the first five events were running events or had lots of running. That’s not the classic CrossFit methodology of doing a multitude of different exercise modes. This irritates me and makes me wonder why they programmed the workouts the way they did.

2 Likes

Well my son’s have been told that their father looks like a bear gorilla hybrid. I don’t get asked since very often but I always answer with not enough.

1 Like

Not that it matters, but I would call this backpacking, or just hiking. “We’ll be on the trail all weekend.”

At any rate, yes, the cars were right there and weight is not an issue. There’s a propane grill and tiki torches in the shed along with chairs and a giant tarp. I call it camping because of sleeping in a tent. But my real pillow is in that tent, so.

2 Likes

Im thinking the same. Not sure if that’s a good reflection on us.

1 Like

I wish hotels didn’t have pillows so I’d have an excuse to bring my own. Honestly, why do people equate softness with quality. The fancier the hotel, the worse I sleep. Sleeping on the ground sounds heavenly

1 Like

Quite possibly.

1 Like