Thanks Dumbocrats!

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
Wimpy wrote:
mingledorff7 wrote:
What makes you think it would take so long Wimpy? It’s not like these wells are in 30,000 foot seas that some deep sea drilling ship would have to drill for. I’m sure a semi-submersuble could do the trick. My point is, it would be that easy to just drill in these uptapped wells, and the return wouldn’t be that long. The market would be flooded with oil and gas and the prices would go down. Also why is the mega well in North Dakota being hush hushed? It has the potential to increase our oil supplies by 20x. My guese is that florida doesn’t want to in danger its beaches to the risk of an oil spill.

It usually takes between 3 and 10 years(hence, why I said UP TO a decade) to develop a new oil field. I don’t know all the specifics. I’m just reporting facts.

http://www.opec.org/library/FAQs/PetrolIndustry/q10.htm

We will still need oil in three years. Perhaps we should start now.[/quote]

If we opened up billions and billions of barrels of new sites tomorrow it would drive down the price of oil overnight. The market looks ahead and if they saw all this new supply opened up down the road they would react accordingly.

This might come out better.

[quote]bald eagle wrote:
Right now oil is vital to our economy and the world’s economy. It is the life blood. We have more than enough under our own soil and off our coast to last for 300+ yrs. More than enough time to develop new technologies.

The dems do not want to drill because they want high prices. Many want higher taxes on gas to discourage use. Oil is evil to a dem. It was Bill Clinton who said a few yrs ago that we needed to slow down this economy to save the environment. Of course now that it is an election year they are spouting how we need to get the economy moving again. Well it would help greatly if we started drilling! You really need to have a screw loose to belong to that party.

Look at the men who are democratic “stratesgists” on tv (or those in the senate and congress) - most all of them appear to need a good ole shot of Test. It is like they have had their manhood cut off somewhere along the way.[/quote]

Just curious, what’s your qualification?

You speak with so much certainty that you must have a wealth of related experience and/or education.

[quote]bald eagle wrote:
Right now oil is vital to our economy and the world’s economy. It is the life blood. We have more than enough under our own soil and off our coast to last for 300+ yrs. More than enough time to develop new technologies.

The dems do not want to drill because they want high prices. Many want higher taxes on gas to discourage use. Oil is evil to a dem. It was Bill Clinton who said a few yrs ago that we needed to slow down this economy to save the environment. Of course now that it is an election year they are spouting how we need to get the economy moving again. Well it would help greatly if we started drilling! You really need to have a screw loose to belong to that party.

Look at the men who are democratic “stratesgists” on tv (or those in the senate and congress) - most all of them appear to need a good ole shot of Test. It is like they have had their manhood cut off somewhere along the way.[/quote]

This is good post, but as others have said ‘without expensive oil there will be no will to move away from it.’ If we do intend to move away from it there will HAVE to be some sort of ‘growing pain’ IMO. It may sound cynical but it just seems to be the way it really works in Washington.

Now call me Machiavelli, but if you are right it would actually be better to announce massive new drilling operations and spend relatively little on it and instead secretly fund tons of R&D in sustainable energy.

Fuck the Russians and the Arabs…

Someone should pay me to be this evil. :slight_smile:

[quote]bald eagle wrote:

The dems do not want to drill because they want high prices. Many want higher taxes on gas to discourage use. Oil is evil to a dem. It was Bill Clinton who said a few yrs ago that we needed to slow down this economy to save the environment. [/quote]

While I realize that you probably like to freestyle and just kind of make up shit as you go, it’s always fun to point out the made up shit.

Clinton said:

�??And maybe America, and Europe, and Japan, and Canada �?? the rich counties �?? would say, �??OK, we just have to slow down our economy and cut back our greenhouse gas emissions �??cause we have to save the planet for our grandchildren.�?? We could do that.

But if we did that, you know as well as I do, China and India and Indonesia and Vietnam and Mexico and Brazil and the Ukraine, and all the other countries will never agree to stay poor to save the planet for our grandchildren. The only way we can do this is if we get back in the world�??s fight against global warming and prove it is good economics that we will create more jobs to build a sustainable economy that saves the planet for our children and grandchildren. It is the only way it will work.�??

gee…context helps alot don’t ya think?

and now back to you and Mick28 just making up shit…

[quote]beebuddy wrote:
bald eagle wrote:

Look at the men who are democratic “stratesgists” on tv (or those in the senate and congress) - most all of them appear to need a good ole shot of Test. It is like they have had their manhood cut off somewhere along the way.

This is good post, [/quote]

In other words, yeah you made up some shit, and I like the way that shit smells.

[quote]100meters wrote:
beebuddy wrote:
bald eagle wrote:

Look at the men who are democratic “stratesgists” on tv (or those in the senate and congress) - most all of them appear to need a good ole shot of Test. It is like they have had their manhood cut off somewhere along the way.

This is good post,

In other words, yeah you made up some shit, and I like the way that shit smells.

[/quote]

He made one excellent point. I don’t agree with is conclusions though, obviously.

[quote]beebuddy wrote:

[/quote]

Also, this is somewhat sad. Do you actually need a sentence like “FUCK YOU REPUBLICAN SCUMBAG!!11!LOL!!” in order differentiate an argument from an agreement? I almost feel the need to preface my future posts to people that I disagree with, with “for the record I disagree.”

[quote]Aleksandr wrote:
Dustin wrote:
bigflamer wrote:
pat wrote:
My lawn has an ecology…If there were oil under it I’d drill like a motherfucker.

This literaly made me laugh out loud :wink:

And for the record, I’d drill too. I don’t give a shit if the rarest of fucking animals called it home. Drill baby, DRILL!!

This thinking has put us (humans) in the position we currently find ourselves in regarding the environment. The need of businesses to make profit tomorrow outweighs the negative consequences of drilling in fragile eco-systems.

Whether it be intentional or unintentional, exterminating a species affects everything around it.

Dustin

Whatever, Dustin.

Or should I call you “Dus-turd”![/quote]

Your mom’s a Dus-turd…

Dustin

[quote]Aleksandr wrote:
bald eagle wrote:

Just curious, what’s your qualification?

You speak with so much certainty that you must have a wealth of related experience and/or education.[/quote]

Most of the experts agree that the reserves are quite massive. 300 yrs is an estimate - but in the area of Colorado, and I believe Wyoming and one other state that - the areas that are “off limits” right now have an estimated 800 billion barrels of recoverable oil. That is just in the 3 states. That is 120 plus yrs at our current daily use. If we increase effieciency as much in the next 50 yrs as we have in just the last 30 - well that one area alone could then last 150 - 200 yrs. When you add in the coasts and ANWR then 300+ yrs of supply is not only possible it is probably conservative.

We also have trillions of tons of coal. Most of which is off limits.

I am willing to agree to have timelines on new technologies in order to open these fields up. But there is no need to panick.

[quote]100meters wrote:
bald eagle wrote:

The dems do not want to drill because they want high prices. Many want higher taxes on gas to discourage use. Oil is evil to a dem. It was Bill Clinton who said a few yrs ago that we needed to slow down this economy to save the environment.

While I realize that you probably like to freestyle and just kind of make up shit as you go, it’s always fun to point out the made up shit.

Clinton said:

�??And maybe America, and Europe, and Japan, and Canada �?? the rich counties �?? would say, �??OK, we just have to slow down our economy and cut back our greenhouse gas emissions �??cause we have to save the planet for our grandchildren.�?? We could do that.

But if we did that, you know as well as I do, China and India and Indonesia and Vietnam and Mexico and Brazil and the Ukraine, and all the other countries will never agree to stay poor to save the planet for our grandchildren. The only way we can do this is if we get back in the world�??s fight against global warming and prove it is good economics that we will create more jobs to build a sustainable economy that saves the planet for our children and grandchildren. It is the only way it will work.�??

and now back to you and Mick28 just making up shit…[/quote]

What did I make up? Context? Slow down our economy is slow down our economy. Also, you do know Obama recently said he wished that gas prices had risen more slowly? More slowly? You mean he wants higher gas prices? Why, I can’t believe that.

[quote]bald eagle wrote:
100meters wrote:
bald eagle wrote:

The dems do not want to drill because they want high prices. Many want higher taxes on gas to discourage use. Oil is evil to a dem. It was Bill Clinton who said a few yrs ago that we needed to slow down this economy to save the environment.

Clinton said:

But if we did that, you know as well as I do, China and India and Indonesia and Vietnam and Mexico and Brazil and the Ukraine, and all the other countries will never agree to stay poor to save the planet for our grandchildren.

The only way we can do this is if we get back in the world�??s fight against global warming and prove it is good economics that we will create more jobs to build a sustainable economy that saves the planet for our children and grandchildren. It is the only way it will work.�??

What did I make up? Context? Slow down our economy is slow down our economy. Also, you do know Obama recently said he wished that gas prices had risen more slowly? More slowly? You mean he wants higher gas prices? Why, I can’t believe that.
[/quote]

He isn’t saying slow down our economy. He’s actually making the opposite point. See?

[quote]Beowolf wrote:
pat wrote:
http://www.dailypress.com/news/dp-

local_drill_onlinejun12,0,6418121.story

We have reserves off our own coast yet the democrats prefer we keep buying oil from people who’d rather see us dead. Brilliant! Most of us have learned, when will the government catch up? Is this the “Change we can believe in?”

Yep. All the dems fault. The GOP didn’t have control of the Congress and White House for 6 years. Nope. Never happened.[/quote]

Oh no, the republicans fucked up royally in their tenure, no doubt. They share the blame in their lack of foresight and do-nothingness. But in the situation we are in today, where what has to happen is blatantly obvious the democrats fucked up and fucked us a royally as they could. I guess they get off on intentionally fucking up this country.

[quote]beebuddy wrote:
If you guys want to bitch about the parties then bitch about nuclear power. The repubs who are arguably interested in a slower transition away from oil are the ones that are behind nuclear and the dems are holding nuclear up yet they say they want to move away from oil!

Harry Reid won’t allow the industry to put nuclear waste in his shithole of a state yet he wants to move away from carbon?

This is worth being upset about. Nuclear technology has changed a lot since the last round of reactors went online. It’s much safer and cleaner now.[/quote]

The dumbocrats fucked nuclear power in a profound way starting in the '70’s and '80’s…It will take decades to undo the damage

[quote]Dustin wrote:
bigflamer wrote:
pat wrote:
My lawn has an ecology…If there were oil under it I’d drill like a motherfucker.

This literaly made me laugh out loud :wink:

And for the record, I’d drill too. I don’t give a shit if the rarest of fucking animals called it home. Drill baby, DRILL!!

This thinking has put us (humans) in the position we currently find ourselves in regarding the environment. The need of businesses to make profit tomorrow outweighs the negative consequences of drilling in fragile eco-systems.

Whether it be intentional or unintentional, exterminating a species affects everything around it.

Dustin
[/quote]

Every square inch on the planet has an ecosystem. The Arabs had no issue drilling. Are you claiming they have no ecosystem? The “cleaner” energies fuck up eco systems too.

Do you realize how much real estate a solar plant takes up? What about a dam?
Besides at this point in history, it is as much about national security as it is energy economics. Do you really want to keep buying oil from the people who hate us?

I am all for alternatives. I love ethanol, geothermal, nuclear, etc. But we need to get our own oil in the meantime while we reduce our overall demand with the ramping up of these other systems…It takes a while to implement change after all.

[quote]pat wrote:
beebuddy wrote:
If you guys want to bitch about the parties then bitch about nuclear power. The repubs who are arguably interested in a slower transition away from oil are the ones that are behind nuclear and the dems are holding nuclear up yet they say they want to move away from oil!

Harry Reid won’t allow the industry to put nuclear waste in his shithole of a state yet he wants to move away from carbon?

This is worth being upset about. Nuclear technology has changed a lot since the last round of reactors went online. It’s much safer and cleaner now.

The dumbocrats fucked nuclear power in a profound way starting in the '70’s and '80’s…It will take decades to undo the damage [/quote]

I was going to make counterpoints, but then I saw that the democrats are dumb (why else would they be called “dumbocrats?”). I don’t want to be thought of as dumb, so I will now go out of my way to disalign my views from theirs.

[quote]pat wrote:
I love ethanol…[/quote]

It shows.

[quote]pat wrote:
Beowolf wrote:
pat wrote:
http://www.dailypress.com/news/dp-

local_drill_onlinejun12,0,6418121.story

We have reserves off our own coast yet the democrats prefer we keep buying oil from people who’d rather see us dead. Brilliant! Most of us have learned, when will the government catch up? Is this the “Change we can believe in?”

Yep. All the dems fault. The GOP didn’t have control of the Congress and White House for 6 years. Nope. Never happened.

Oh no, the republicans fucked up royally in their tenure, no doubt. They share the blame in their lack of foresight and do-nothingness. But in the situation we are in today, where what has to happen is blatantly obvious the democrats fucked up and fucked us a royally as they could. I guess they get off on intentionally fucking up this country.[/quote]

The repub congress had the votes in the 90’s but Clinton vetoed it. They voted again (on ANWR anyway) and it lost by one vote - unfortunately that one vote was John McCain. Bush would have signed it.

So yes, the republicans were close when they had control. However, remember that no one really has control of the Senate until you have 60 votes. The repubs did not have 60.

The repubs are not perfect but there are far more of them who want to drill in ANWR and off the coasts than there are dems. Just remember - China is getting ready to drill about 70 miles or so off the coast of Florida in Cuban waters. But we can’t.

Brilliant. When are some of you out there going to realize the dems do not really want lower gas prices. Oil is evil. The left thinks we already use too much of the world’s resources now.

Obama said the following recently - ‘we can’t set our thermostats on 72 and expect the rest of the world to say o.k.’ - give me a break. I really don’t care what the rest of the world thinks. But this is how the left sees America - it sees this country as the problem in the world.

America is not the problem - it is the model. It is the only country in the world where people will risk their life just to make it to our soil. In order to chase the American Dream. That’s funny I can’t seem to recall any other country being in that category.

The Russian Dream - nope. The German Dream - nope. The French Dream - nope. No, it is the American Dream that reigns supreme in the world.

The party of the left is the democratic party - where America is the problem. No thanks.

[quote]100meters wrote:
bald eagle wrote:
100meters wrote:
bald eagle wrote:

Clinton said:

But if we did that, you know as well as I do, China and India and Indonesia and Vietnam and Mexico and Brazil and the Ukraine, and all the other countries will never agree to stay poor to save the planet for our grandchildren.

The only way we can do this is if we get back in the world�??s fight against global warming and prove it is good economics that we will create more jobs to build a sustainable economy that saves the planet for our children and grandchildren. It is the only way it will work.�??

He isn’t saying slow down our economy. He’s actually making the opposite point. See?
[/quote]

Whatever, keep lapping up the democratic crap. The dems and others on the left see America as the problem using too much of the world’s resources. You did see where Obama said that about gas prices didn’t you?

He said he wished they would have risen more slowly. I guess he thinks the high prices are good. He thinks that because he believes we are using too much of the world’s resources. That means he wants us to use less - well that means less economic activity.

[quote]bald eagle wrote:
100meters wrote:
bald eagle wrote:
100meters wrote:
bald eagle wrote:

Clinton said:

Whatever, keep lapping up the democratic crap. The dems and others on the left see America as the problem using too much of the world’s resources. You did see where Obama said that about gas prices didn’t you?

He said he wished they would have risen more slowly. I guess he thinks the high prices are good. He thinks that because he believes we are using too much of the world’s resources. That means he wants us to use less - well that means less economic activity.

[/quote]

The concern isn’t over “using too much of the world’s resources”. The concern is ever increasing demand for a finite and (relatively) maxed out resource, and the side effects (presence in Middle East, etc.) of using said resource.

So the philosophy, which is debatable is “lets heavily invest in R&D on alternatives/fuel efficiency/etc. and the economic exploitation of those alternatives and related technologies for American gain.”

Also, Obama/Dems want increased economic activity. Decreased economic activity not typically a winner at election time (see last 8 years/McCain)

P.S. Funny you glossed over misleading folks (already gullible enough 'round here as it is) on Clinton.

The thing is Mick28 “believes” this shit. Telling him lies and steering him wrong ain’t gonna help much.

(Plus he’s retarded–it seems wrong to manipulate the retarded)