T Nation

Thanks Dumbocrats!

http://www.dailypress.com/news/dp-local_drill_onlinejun12,0,6418121.story

We have reserves off our own coast yet the democrats prefer we keep buying oil from people who’d rather see us dead. Brilliant! Most of us have learned, when will the government catch up? Is this the “Change we can believe in?”

As a general rule business owners don’t want harm to come to their customers. I know that isn’t the point of this post so, I’ll stop there.

However, yes, I agree this is pure idiocy to not allow new energy sources into the market. Get ready for more of the same fallacious economic thinking for the next few years.

Imagine how much more prosperous the average American might have become had bush done something productive with his presidency like help open the free market to consumers instead of invading 3rd world nations and ripping us off…?

It really is surreal isn’t it?

We’re better off developing new technology anyway. Why prolong the suffering?

[quote]beebuddy wrote:
We’re better off developing new technology anyway. Why prolong the suffering?[/quote]

That is completely idiotic logic. We can develop new technology as we continue to drill for oil.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:

We can develop new technology as we continue to drill for oil.[/quote]

That’s true, but raising the demand for oil isn’t exactly helping things is it?

[quote]beebuddy wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:

We can develop new technology as we continue to drill for oil.

That’s true, but raising the demand for oil isn’t exactly helping things is it?[/quote]

Raising supply and keeping some of that money in the US will certainly help things. I fail to see how it wouldn’t. If you think oil is the problem we should ban oil imports and ban oil refining.

We have a democrat I our neighborhood, I am going to go over to her house and kick her in the pussy as thanks.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
beebuddy wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:

We can develop new technology as we continue to drill for oil.

That’s true, but raising the demand for oil isn’t exactly helping things is it?

Raising supply and keeping some of that money in the US will certainly help things. I fail to see how it wouldn’t. If you think oil is the problem we should ban oil imports and ban oil refining.[/quote]

I see your point, and I agree with it insofar as it will increase tax revenues etc… It’s just too little too late, and to be honest I have a slight sympathy for the conservationists (not the environmentalists).

If I were looking at the situation as if I were running my own household, I wouldn’t bother to do it. I’d save it for a rainy day and put my focus onto something else. I mean, why isn’t death valley covered in wind and solar farms? The money could be better spent elsewhere.

[quote]beebuddy wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
beebuddy wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:

We can develop new technology as we continue to drill for oil.

That’s true, but raising the demand for oil isn’t exactly helping things is it?

Raising supply and keeping some of that money in the US will certainly help things. I fail to see how it wouldn’t. If you think oil is the problem we should ban oil imports and ban oil refining.

I see your point, and I agree with it insofar as it will increase tax revenues etc… It’s just too little too late, and to be honest I have a slight sympathy for the conservationists (not the environmentalists).

If I were looking at the situation as if I were running my own household, I wouldn’t bother to do it. I’d save it for a rainy day and put my focus onto something else. I mean, why isn’t death valley covered in wind and solar farms? The money could be better spent elsewhere. [/quote]

Do we really want to ruin the ecology of Death Valley? We ar egoing to get the energy from somewhere and it is going to cause problems whatever we do.

Luckily there is almost no ecology in Death Valley. There is also Utah’s salt flats.

[quote]beebuddy wrote:
Luckily there is almost no ecology in Death Valley. There is also Utah’s salt flats. [/quote]

???

Death Valley has its own ecology. The notion of not having an ecology is nonsensical. There may not be much life supported by its ecology but there is in fact an ecology. In fact, Death Valley has many diverse ecologies.

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
beebuddy wrote:
Luckily there is almost no ecology in Death Valley. There is also Utah’s salt flats.

???

Death Valley has its own ecology. The notion of not having an ecology is nonsensical. There may not be much life supported by its ecology but there is in fact an ecology. In fact, Death Valley has many diverse ecologies.[/quote]

My lawn has an ecology…If there were oil under it I’d drill like a motherfucker.

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
beebuddy wrote:
Luckily there is almost no ecology in Death Valley. There is also Utah’s salt flats.

???

Death Valley has its own ecology. The notion of not having an ecology is nonsensical. There may not be much life supported by its ecology but there is in fact an ecology. In fact, Death Valley has many diverse ecologies.[/quote]

Of course the point is that there are less destructive, more sustainable sources of energy.

http://money.cnn.com/2008/06/06/news/economy/bir

ger_shale.fortune/?postversion=2008060617

[quote]pat wrote:
http://www.dailypress.com/news/dp-local_drill_onlinejun12,0,6418121.story

We have reserves off our own coast yet the democrats prefer we keep buying oil from people who’d rather see us dead. Brilliant! Most of us have learned, when will the government catch up? Is this the “Change we can believe in?”[/quote]

Yep. All the dems fault. The GOP didn’t have control of the Congress and White House for 6 years. Nope. Never happened.

[quote]pat wrote:
http://www.dailypress.com/news/dp-local_drill_onlinejun12,0,6418121.story

We have reserves off our own coast yet the democrats prefer we keep buying oil from people who’d rather see us dead. Brilliant! [/quote]

That’s actually what the Dems DO want. They gain power when America loses. When a Republican is Pres or runs Congress, they do everything imaginable to fuck everything up.

Dems have no ideas, so they can only gain power if America is suffering and they can blame Republicans. And the Republicans are so spineless that they let the Dems get away with it.

Dems = evil Republicans = spineless

Vote = Libertarian

Behind all the rhetoric in Washington the underlying argument is simply how, when and how fast we should move away from carbon emitting energy.

The Republicans want a slower change than the Democrats and they may have some points. I tend to feel like if CO2 is half the problem that environmentalists say it is then we should move quicker.

If you guys want to bitch about the parties then bitch about nuclear power. The repubs who are arguably interested in a slower transition away from oil are the ones that are behind nuclear and the dems are holding nuclear up yet they say they want to move away from oil!

Harry Reid won’t allow the industry to put nuclear waste in his shithole of a state yet he wants to move away from carbon?

This is worth being upset about. Nuclear technology has changed a lot since the last round of reactors went online. It’s much safer and cleaner now.

If we focused our time, efforts, manpower and resources into clean technolgies the way we have into pointless wars this wouldn’t even be an issue. Have you seen that nano-solar technology? A grid that would fit into a fraction of death valley could run the U.S. the engineers estimate.

Wait I’m sorry that’s hippy-nonsense and we need to drill away and keep fighting…sorry back to news, weather and sports