Thanks Dumbocrats!

[quote]pat wrote:
My lawn has an ecology…If there were oil under it I’d drill like a motherfucker.[/quote]

This literaly made me laugh out loud :wink:

And for the record, I’d drill too. I don’t give a shit if the rarest of fucking animals called it home. Drill baby, DRILL!!

Drill that shit. The current cost of oil is not a result of scarcity, but rather our own choice NOT to drill for our own oil in alaska, the gulf, etc.

[quote]pat wrote:

My lawn has an ecology…If there were oil under it I’d drill like a motherfucker.[/quote]

Sir I’d like to buy your lawn…for hunting of course.

Dumbocrats!

I like that word. Saying it makes you sound clever, making the dumbness of democrats even more salient.

Great contribution, sir!

[quote]Aleksandr wrote:
Dumbocrats!

I like that word. Saying it makes you sound clever, making the dumbness of democrats even more salient.

Great contribution, sir![/quote]

You’re that guy everyone avoids at parties aren’t you.

[quote]Natural Nate wrote:
Aleksandr wrote:
Dumbocrats!

Great contribution, sir!

You’re that guy everyone avoids at parties aren’t you.[/quote]

What, you don’t think “dumbocrats” makes him sound clever? Personally, I think it adds valuable credibility to his opinions. The implied comparison lets me know that what he has to say is not dumb.

[quote]Aleksandr wrote:
Natural Nate wrote:
Aleksandr wrote:
Dumbocrats!

Great contribution, sir!

What, you don’t think “dumbocrats” makes him sound clever? Personally, I think it adds valuable credibility to his opinions. The implied comparison lets me know that what he has to say is not dumb.[/quote]

…Yup you are.

Aleksandr wrote:
Natural Nate wrote:
Aleksandr wrote:
Dumbocrats!

Great contribution, sir!

What, you don’t think “dumbocrats” makes him sound clever? Personally, I think it adds valuable credibility to his opinions. The implied comparison lets me know that what he has to say is not dumb.

…Yup you are.[/quote]

No way!

I tell awesome jokes that make me the life of the party!

“…so I says to him ‘republicans? more like republican’ts’”

I kill!

[quote]bigflamer wrote:
pat wrote:
My lawn has an ecology…If there were oil under it I’d drill like a motherfucker.

And for the record, I’d drill too. I don’t give a shit if the rarest of fucking animals called it home. Drill baby, DRILL!!

[/quote]

This thinking has put us (humans) in the position we currently find ourselves in regarding the environment. The need of businesses to make profit tomorrow outweighs the negative consequences of drilling in fragile eco-systems.

Whether it be intentional or unintentional, exterminating a species affects everything around it.

Dustin

[quote]Dustin wrote:
bigflamer wrote:
pat wrote:
My lawn has an ecology…If there were oil under it I’d drill like a motherfucker.

This thinking has put us (humans) in the position we currently find ourselves in regarding the environment. The need of businesses to make profit tomorrow outweighs the negative consequences of drilling in fragile eco-systems.

Whether it be intentional or unintentional, exterminating a species affects everything around it.

Dustin
[/quote]

Whatever, Dustin.

Or should I call you “Dus-turd”!

[quote]Aleksandr wrote:
Natural Nate wrote:
Aleksandr wrote:
Natural Nate wrote:
Aleksandr wrote:
Dumbocrats!

Great contribution, sir!

…Yup you are.

No way!

I tell awesome jokes that make me the life of the party!

“…so I says to him ‘republicans? more like republican’ts’”

I kill![/quote]

LOL

I spoke too soon.

Even if we decided to drill today it could be up to a decade before we see a single drop of oil. We’re boned for the time being no matter what.

beebuddy wrote:
We’re better off developing new technology anyway. Why prolong the suffering?

That is completely idiotic logic. We can develop new technology as we continue to drill for oil.

I totally agree with Zap on this one. Who is supposed to put in the time and money for the research and development for these new technologies? Surely not corporations like BP, and Exxon. I understand they were making $1000 a second last quarter. They are in it to make money. It would be like asking Marlboro to start developing cigarette patches.

What makes you think it would take so long Wimpy? It’s not like these wells are in 30,000 foot seas that some deep sea drilling ship would have to drill for. I’m sure a semi-submersuble could do the trick. My point is, it would be that easy to just drill in these uptapped wells, and the return wouldn’t be that long. The market would be flooded with oil and gas and the prices would go down. Also why is the mega well in North Dakota being hush hushed? It has the potential to increase our oil supplies by 20x. My guese is that florida doesn’t want to in danger its beaches to the risk of an oil spill.

What could bring more money in to a state,
Tourist or oil?

If we don’t drill it, China surly will. And if that doesn’t piss you of, I don’t know what will.

Mingledorff

[quote]mingledorff7 wrote:
Tourist or oil?

Mingledorff[/quote]

Yeah, nature is good for tourism.

Also, not dying.

[quote]Aleksandr wrote:
mingledorff7 wrote:
Tourist or oil?

Mingledorff

Also, not dying.[/quote]

Better watch out for evil sentient killer derricks then.

EDIT: Because they drill…FOR BLOOD!!!1

Aleksandr wrote:
mingledorff7 wrote:
Tourist or oil?

Mingledorff

Also, not dying.

Better watch out for evil sentient killer derricks then.

EDIT: Because they drill…FOR BLOOD!!!1[/quote]

I think we’ve got ourselves a movie.

[quote]mingledorff7 wrote:
What makes you think it would take so long Wimpy? It’s not like these wells are in 30,000 foot seas that some deep sea drilling ship would have to drill for. I’m sure a semi-submersuble could do the trick. My point is, it would be that easy to just drill in these uptapped wells, and the return wouldn’t be that long. The market would be flooded with oil and gas and the prices would go down. Also why is the mega well in North Dakota being hush hushed? It has the potential to increase our oil supplies by 20x. My guese is that florida doesn’t want to in danger its beaches to the risk of an oil spill.[/quote]

It usually takes between 3 and 10 years(hence, why I said UP TO a decade) to develop a new oil field. I don’t know all the specifics. I’m just reporting facts.

http://www.opec.org/library/FAQs/PetrolIndustry/q10.htm

[quote]Wimpy wrote:
mingledorff7 wrote:
What makes you think it would take so long Wimpy? It’s not like these wells are in 30,000 foot seas that some deep sea drilling ship would have to drill for. I’m sure a semi-submersuble could do the trick. My point is, it would be that easy to just drill in these uptapped wells, and the return wouldn’t be that long. The market would be flooded with oil and gas and the prices would go down. Also why is the mega well in North Dakota being hush hushed? It has the potential to increase our oil supplies by 20x. My guese is that florida doesn’t want to in danger its beaches to the risk of an oil spill.

It usually takes between 3 and 10 years(hence, why I said UP TO a decade) to develop a new oil field. I don’t know all the specifics. I’m just reporting facts.

http://www.opec.org/library/FAQs/PetrolIndustry/q10.htm

[/quote]

We will still need oil in three years. Perhaps we should start now.

Right now oil is vital to our economy and the world’s economy. It is the life blood. We have more than enough under our own soil and off our coast to last for 300+ yrs. More than enough time to develop new technologies.

The dems do not want to drill because they want high prices. Many want higher taxes on gas to discourage use. Oil is evil to a dem. It was Bill Clinton who said a few yrs ago that we needed to slow down this economy to save the environment. Of course now that it is an election year they are spouting how we need to get the economy moving again. Well it would help greatly if we started drilling! You really need to have a screw loose to belong to that party.

Look at the men who are democratic “stratesgists” on tv (or those in the senate and congress) - most all of them appear to need a good ole shot of Test. It is like they have had their manhood cut off somewhere along the way.