Taking Two Weeks Off

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:
This is the basic concept of learning what methods, frequency, volume etc. are best to keep you moving forward. As far as I’m concerned if what you’re doing makes frequent week long layoffs a necessity you have not yet found what keeps you moving forward.

As far as training while sick goes:
This is the ol common sense thing rearing it’s ugly head again. If you’re too sick to function you’re too sick to train. If not then some intelligent adjustments may or may not be in order depending on what you have and how bad it is. I will say that anything that legitimately keeps you from training for 2 weeks is by definition serious.[/quote]

Vince trained guys for upwards of 30 years, from Joe Six Pack to Arnold. Unless human physiology has changed, I’ll listen to him.

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:
This is the basic concept of learning what methods, frequency, volume etc. are best to keep you moving forward. As far as I’m concerned if what you’re doing makes frequent week long layoffs a necessity you have not yet found what keeps you moving forward.

This is the ol common sense thing rearing it’s ugly head again. If you’re too sick to function you’re too sick to train. If not then some intelligent adjustments may or may not be in order depending on what you have and how bad it is. I will say that anything that legitimately keeps you from training for 2 weeks is by definition serious.[/quote]

Agreed.

The next thread is “What happens after 3 weeks off?”

[quote]MEYMZ wrote:
The next thread is “What happens after 3 weeks off?”[/quote]

Would you like to start it or should I?

do most regular “lifters” get sick less often than folks who dont lift ?

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Tiribulus wrote:

This is the ol common sense thing rearing it’s ugly head again. If you’re too sick to function you’re too sick to train. If not then some intelligent adjustments may or may not be in order depending on what you have and how bad it is. I will say that anything that legitimately keeps you from training for 2 weeks is by definition serious.

Agreed.[/quote]

Vince (and forgive me for speaking for him) would say that you are both lazy. If your workouts don’t drain the living shit out of you in 3 weeks, you’re just cruising.

Read some of his work and try to keep up with him. I bet he’d run both your asses into the ground, and laugh while doing it.

[quote]marlboroman wrote:
do most regular “lifters” get sick less often than folks who dont lift ?

[/quote]

I think it would depend, I know older people who have never worked out but eat extremely healthy and have very low stress lives and almost never get sick. If your training at a very high intensity, lots of cardio and lifting, you could be overtraining-hate that word but its possible- which could weaken the immune system. Yet normal lifting/exercise has shown to improve your immune system.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Tiribulus wrote:

This is the ol common sense thing rearing it’s ugly head again. If you’re too sick to function you’re too sick to train. If not then some intelligent adjustments may or may not be in order depending on what you have and how bad it is. I will say that anything that legitimately keeps you from training for 2 weeks is by definition serious.

Agreed.

Vince (and forgive me for speaking for him) would say that you are both lazy. If your workouts don’t drain the living shit out of you in 3 weeks, you’re just cruising.

Read some of his work and try to keep up with him. I bet he’d run both your asses into the ground, and laugh while doing it.

[/quote]

I agree with you. I mean, professor x has added what, ~100lb of muscle. Yeah, I guess he is a lazy pussy and in the gym he is just ‘cruising’.

[quote]Alquemist wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Tiribulus wrote:

Agreed.

I agree with you. I mean, professor x has added what, ~100lb of muscle. Yeah, I guess he is a lazy pussy and in the gym he is just ‘cruising’.[/quote]

See T-Cell Alpha. There’s the ‘100 lbs’.

[quote]RSGZ wrote:
MEYMZ wrote:
The next thread is “What happens after 3 weeks off?”

Would you like to start it or should I?[/quote]

That won’t be necessary, it can happen in any moment.