Take 2, Show in August

So now I’m back to 16 weeks out if our lame ass governor doesn’t keep us locked down.
265#, 6’4

4 Likes

Looking good… maybe hit some mandatory poses so we can comment and advise if you’d like.

S

Damn mate you’re huge; just tell the Governor to let you out and he probably will.

Got plugged in with a posing coach.
Should help some.
Aside from legs, any input on delts?
I was thinking lateral raises 4xweek?

I don’t have any advice for you, just wanted to say you have a really good physique in my opinion, and it’s the type of body I aspire to have one day.

I’d love to ready something about how you train and eat usually, if you felt like sharing that with us on here.

Sure man.
I’m one of those guys who loves to workout.
It’s usually the highlight of my day (boring life but I guess I’m easily entertained).
I’m in Medicine so my schedule allows it.
So pre corona it was 6 days a week of weights
Legs 2 x and each other part once. Cardio 6-7 days a week x 30 minutes.
My diet is prescribed by a coach
Post workout about 100g simple carbs and 60g protein
Then egg whites and eggs
Then it’s all pretty much chicken and rice or potato all day
Last meal is some beef and veg.

Boring but at 46 I’ve never been in better shape.

3 Likes

Now back to 8 weeks out
260#

1 Like

Nice. Mid back is started to get those “fingers”,… are you trying to flex your legs in these poses? Some competitors have difficulty in learning how to maintain them flexed onstage (I know I did!)

S

2 Likes

Gonna work with a lady on posing.
That’s a learned concept.
Any input on cravings? How did you cope? Especially evening time.

Lotta water, lotta fiber, sugarless gum, coffee, diet soda and diet snapples, entire bags of lettuce… yeah, it’s a fun sport :wink:

S

1 Like

Ha!
All those are on my list.
I don’t remember it being this tough in my 20s
My wife asked me to taste a rice cake she was eating.
I got mad

8 more weeks

I am not a BBer, but a PLer who is leaning out. I got a lot of good tips IMO from Greg Doucette’s YouTube channel. Some of his tips I have implemented are: popcorn over other snacks (choice of brand is really important here, some are double the calories of others), berries and artificial sweetener, large amount of vegetables when feeling hungry.

I got value out of his content. He has some recipes that look good that I haven’t tried too.

So I had a kick ass workout last Saturday. Legs very heavy. No issues
Woke up Sunday basically immobile. Back locked up.
Up and down since. Mostly down.
Considering doing physique in August to give some rehab time, then Back to hitting legs hard for May 2021 show.
Thoughts?
I know my legs need work, and I don’t wanna piss away 7 months of prep for this show

Okay,… here are my thoughts, and I’ll admit that I had at least some small injury going into almost every show I ever did.

-If it’s your back, that doesn’t mean you can’t train legs, only that you need to be smart. Youre not 20 weeks out, you’re close, and making use of pre-exhaust, a lot of TUT, CAT, and non-spinal loading compound work can allow you to still have pretty damn productive training sessions.

As to whether you’re going to do Physique or BBing,… well, you probably can put off that decision for a while longer. Maybe even reach out to the show’s promoter explaining your situation just in case it comes down to a couple of days before call.

S

Back at it today after 3 days of prednisone, and kicked ass
If I can keep on, I’ll make it.
Thanks for the input

SOunds good! Obviously be smart, and I’d suggest limiting the spine loading work.

S

5 weeks and some change to go.
Empty gym this am.
258#

2 Likes

5 weeks and 2 days
Didn’t weigh today

Nice grainy look. Keep pushing and you should be able to dial it in good on game day.

S

Couple pics from today. I suck at taking gym pics but shit seems to be coming around.