T-Nation Live Chat?

wat is the point of Live-CHat it mostly would be people spamming T-Nations famous quotes -

“Squats and milk”
“Have you tried hitting her”
“PIIHP”

T-Nation did have a live chat function but you had to start it up and invite the members you want to have in the chat. I got invited one time by some retard who was just checking to see if it worked. Needless to say it was a little awkward when I got there and he had nothing to say.

So, Lanky, have you ever used the live chat function on T-Nation?

[quote]optheta wrote:
wat is the point of Live-CHat it mostly would be people spamming T-Nations famous quotes -

“Squats and milk”
“Have you tried hitting her”
“PIIHP”[/quote]

The point would be that the little questions could get answered very fast !

and it would spread knowledge quickly

i imagine new people coming on to this site and reading 2-3 threads max and then they write one themselves because the 2 first ones didnt really give them the answer they wanted. and when his thread is made he only watched that one and doesnt get all the info…

in a live chat theres useally a discussion about something and you kind of have to read it ?

i think people go into to much discussion about why not… try thinking just “why” …

as said before i would be happy if we could get a mIRC channel running… and i dont think moderation would be the biggest issue…

The way IRC works though is that everyone sits in one “channel” which is public, so everyone can all speak to one another in real time. You can also double click on people’s names and send them instant private messages as well…

[quote]Davinci.v2 wrote:
The way IRC works though is that everyone sits in one “channel” which is public, so everyone can all speak to one another in real time. You can also double click on people’s names and send them instant private messages as well…[/quote]

ive used IRC alot but that was years ago !

why dont you set up a channel Davinci ? you seem like you know what you are doing ?

[quote]SteelyD wrote:
So, Lanky, have you ever used the live chat function on T-Nation?[/quote]

Funny you should ask. I got invited one time by some retard who was just checking to see if it worked. Needless to say it was a little awkward when I got there and he had nothing to say.

[quote]blunt wrote:

[quote]Davinci.v2 wrote:
The way IRC works though is that everyone sits in one “channel” which is public, so everyone can all speak to one another in real time. You can also double click on people’s names and send them instant private messages as well…[/quote]

ive used IRC alot but that was years ago !

why dont you set up a channel Davinci ? you seem like you know what you are doing ?[/quote]

I could set it up quite easily. I could also give all of the founders/mods/contributors “ownership” status of the channel so that they could have complete control over it.

The only issue would be if there are enough people who are willing to support it and obviously if TC and the crew have interest in it as well…

[quote]Davinci.v2 wrote:
I could set it up quite easily. I could also give all of the founders/mods/contributors “ownership” status of the channel so that they could have complete control over it.

The only issue would be if there are enough people who are willing to support it and obviously if TC and the crew have interest in it as well…[/quote]

well then do it ?

if the community about it gets big enough and they dont like it we just call the channel #HCtraining or something else not cheesy ?

no one says it has to be a T-Nation specific channel… im just hoping for a channel where we can talk some serious training without waiting minuttes-hours- days for answers ?

[quote]blunt wrote:

[quote]Davinci.v2 wrote:

The only issue would be if there are enough people who are willing to support it and obviously if TC and the crew have interest in it as well…[/quote]

well then do it ?

if the community about it gets big enough and they dont like it we just call the channel #HCtraining or something else not cheesy ?

no one says it has to be a T-Nation specific channel… im just hoping for a channel where we can talk some serious training without waiting minuttes-hours- days for answers ?[/quote]

Unless some of the contributors or ProfX, Stu, waylander, morepain, bonez etc etc would be willing to idle in the channel, there would be little point. If any of them voice some kind of interest I will do it.