T Cypoinate Once a Week vs Twice a Week

I am very glad for you! :+1: I have always been athletic but these recent days are being so awful and perhaps the worse ever mentally and physically. I can only go to gym twice a week and in those days I am done for the rest of the day and slightly sored the next. Not worse because I manage my workout.
This is life very early 40s.
I am going to visit my ā€œgelā€ doctor and see what I can do. I need to perform better for my family and job.

1 Like

1 year, but had low vitamin D for 7 of those months which doesnā€™t help with energy or muscle-building.

Iā€™m not aware of any oral T options for compounding pharmacies, only retail pharmacies have it now.

1 Like

Is there any consensus as to whether steadier rates (every 3.5 days) versus higher peaks (every 7 days) is better for bodybuilding/hypertrophy?

Iā€™ve been on TRT for almost two months now and Iā€™ve been very happy so far. Dosing 140mg every 7 days. Getting my first labs done next week, but I feel good: much less brain fog, less anxiety, less fatigue, generally better mood, and great gains in the gym. I had been stalled for years and Iā€™ve made more progress in the last few weeks than I had made in the past two years. Itā€™s insane. Before TRT, my total T levels had been in the 200s.

I donā€™t necessarily feel that I need to mess with my protocol since Iā€™m pretty happy (though I donā€™t feel as great by day 6 and 7) but Iā€™m curious whether the slightly lower but steadier testosterone levels from injecting twice per week would be better or worse for bodybuilding purposes.

I think the average over the week is roughly the same, so probably doesnā€™t matter

Do you note any change in performance levels on days 6 and 7? I would doubt it, but you never know. Bodybuilders would be dosing more often if for no other reason than they are taking so much (3+ mL) they would not take it all at once.

I can say that weightlifters dosing once weekly didnā€™t notice any fluctuation. However, if they went over two mL a week they split it up.

2 Likes

This is why it always made sense in my mind to actually go up in dose as you go up in frequency rather than the reverse mentality we see around here.

1 Like

Are you saying that it makes more sense to go from 200mg 1x/wk to 125mg E3.5D, than the other way around?

In my mind if all the supposed benefits of ED/EOD dosing was real, it would make more sense to go higher dose. Like if you were 100mg weekly on twice a week dosing, you would go higher frequency if increasing dose to mitigate the side effects and all that.

In practically after being around the block for a while I donā€™t care for super high frequencies anymore and never got them to work for me, and donā€™t believe them to be a necessity. I am just saying if we go by the pro ED/EOD narrative it would make sense in my mind NOT to drop dose and actually go even higher.

There is so much information and ideas it is hard for me to decide what to do. I am working with Defy right now and am thinking of ED/EOD dosing. I appear to have an issue with high levels so I now many here may not agree but I would like to get my free about 100 out of 244 and my total in the 400ā€™s. Higher than that I get side effects it seems. I ENVY people that can do longer dosages like once or twice a week. Not sure why but over time I start to feel worse.

Did you notice any side effects when going from 400 TT to 1000TT on other protocols or did Jatenzo just work better for you?

The daily protocol (7 mg) I couldnā€™t handle more than 450 TT, EOD I could handle more. The further out my injections, the more T I could handle.

Jatenzo is different and is the opposite, I can handle 1052 TT easily and feel better than when I was getting 655 TT.

The cream was too intense for me, levels would rise too high too quickly and the effects would only last 3 hours.

If you plot various protocols on the Steroid Plotter, youā€™ll see the mg release figures and have a better understanding.

Thank you, that is very interesting. I am sensitive to high levels but I thought it probably didnā€™t matter if it was cream, Jatenzo, or injections. Good information to keep in mind.

Iā€™ll see what happens over time when I reduce the cream dose. Had blood levels yesterday so it will be interesting. I have to think cream is harder to dose the same every day. Iā€™d love to look into Jatenzo or maybe even injections if the cream doesnā€™t pan out. I hate changing protocols since the ups and downs suck.

Jatenzo is only available in the US.

Wouldnā€™t be a problem for me as I live in the US.

Good luck with insurance and paying for it.

I see this a lot. Guys on YouTube recommend injecting daily cos thatā€™s what they do, but theyā€™re basically forced to because the alternative is 3-5mL per shot. Breaking it up is the only way for them.

2 Likes

I always recommend contacting the drug maker to see if they have programs to lower the cost.

what dose?

200 mg

Subq shots are good for Propionate or Cypionate? I was thinking injecting 200 mg Prop IM on Monday and then 50 Subq Wednesday and 50 Friday