Sweet Pollyanna in LaLa land

[quote]ouroboro_s wrote:
AngryVader wrote:
ouroboro_s wrote:
OctoberGirl wrote:

Ouro, did you get a tire for your home gym?

I got one donut so far to make bumper plates. I’m trying to get the second. However, I don’t think I’ll be getting a big tire for flipping. I just don’t have the room.

You can always come over to my place and use mine anyway.

Ring me when the prowler arrives and we can join the cult.[/quote]

Prowler should be here on Friday. My buddy is picking up the tires either tonight or tomorrow. Got my sledgehammer last night. We’re good to go.

[quote]AngryVader wrote:
ouroboro_s wrote:
AngryVader wrote:
ouroboro_s wrote:
OctoberGirl wrote:

I got one donut so far to make bumper plates. I’m trying to get the second. However, I don’t think I’ll be getting a big tire for flipping. I just don’t have the room.

Ring me when the prowler arrives and we can join the cult.

Prowler should be here on Friday. My buddy is picking up the tires either tonight or tomorrow. Got my sledgehammer last night. We’re good to go.[/quote]

Will there be special outfits for this cult? Like robes or catholic school girl stuff with knee socks?

[quote]ouroboro_s wrote:
AngryVader wrote:
ouroboro_s wrote:
AngryVader wrote:
ouroboro_s wrote:
OctoberGirl wrote:

Prowler should be here on Friday. My buddy is picking up the tires either tonight or tomorrow. Got my sledgehammer last night. We’re good to go.

Will there be special outfits for this cult? Like robes or catholic school girl stuff with knee socks?[/quote]

Normally, I would prefer we go all gladiator-like and not wear anything, but since we’ll be out in public, we’ll probably have to put something on. What would you prefer? Robes might catch on stuff and knee socks would give you a bad tan line in the CA sun.

[quote]AngryVader wrote:
ouroboro_s wrote:
AngryVader wrote:
ouroboro_s wrote:
AngryVader wrote:
ouroboro_s wrote:
OctoberGirl wrote:

Will there be special outfits for this cult? Like robes or catholic school girl stuff with knee socks?

Normally, I would prefer we go all gladiator-like and not wear anything, but since we’ll be out in public, we’ll probably have to put something on. What would you prefer? Robes might catch on stuff and knee socks would give you a bad tan line in the CA sun.[/quote]

Thongs and baby oil may be the way to go.

Is that thong and oil with a cupcake in the mouth?

I am envious of all you home gym types. You bastards.
However I am sooo set on the gpp at the weekend place

1 acre of lawn to mow,
wheelbarrow, pick axes, sledges, and about a 150m driveway.
but I still hate you

kmc

[quote]kmcnyc wrote:
Is that thong and oil with a cupcake in the mouth?

I am envious of all you home gym types. You bastards.
However I am sooo set on the gpp at the weekend place

1 acre of lawn to mow,
wheelbarrow, pick axes, sledges, and about a 150m driveway.
but I still hate you

kmc[/quote]

No. It’s thongs and baby oil for Vader’s prowler cult. The cup cakes just put a nice, holly hobby, home spun spin on it.

I like it when you hate me. Angry, sexy puppet.

There is so much weirdness right there.

Wednesday, June 3, GL Burlington

Warm up mobility 15 minutes or there abouts

squat
45x10
95x5
135x5
165x3
belt
185x3
knee wraps & belt
195x3
205x3
215x2x3
This is a big PR for me. At provincials last December (6 months ago) my final squat attempt was 215 with belt, wraps and squat suit. Now I’m tripling it with belt and wraps only. It wasn’t a cake walk but it didn’t flatten me either.

145x2x7

Bench
45x10
65x5
95x3
105x5x3
95x2x7

Snatch grip DL
155x3x5
135x2x7

This is all I did tonight. Frigging around with wraps used a ton of time. What I didn’t do were DB lunge walks, Dragon flags and suit case lifts.

I haven’t been in wraps since nationals 2 months ago and I’d forgotten quite how agonizing they are for my feet.

RL, I’ve got to say, I love the spike.

[quote]ouroboro_s wrote:
Wednesday, June 3, GL Burlington

Warm up mobility 15 minutes or there abouts

squat
45x10
95x5
135x5
165x3
belt
185x3
knee wraps & belt
195x3
205x3
215x2x3
This is a big PR for me. At provincials last December (6 months ago) my final squat attempt was 215 with belt, wraps and squat suit. Now I’m tripling it with belt and wraps only. It wasn’t a cake walk but it didn’t flatten me either.

145x2x7

Bench
45x10
65x5
95x3
105x5x3
95x2x7

Snatch grip DL
155x3x5
135x2x7

This is all I did tonight. Frigging around with wraps used a ton of time. What I didn’t do were DB lunge walks, Dragon flags and suit case lifts.

I haven’t been in wraps since nationals 2 months ago and I’d forgotten quite how agonizing they are for my feet.

RL, I’ve got to say, I love the spike.[/quote]

Hey congrats on the PR ouro! That bodes well for your next meet, eh.

[quote]ouroboro_s wrote:

knee wraps & belt
195x3
205x3
215x2x3
[/quote]

Very Nice!

I’m going to post the video shortly of my back in wraps. It’s taken 2 hours of futzing with the computer and I’m frustrated as hell right now.

In addition, my tenant is sick and is being nursed back to health by none other than the psycho cunt that had him arrested. I don’t want her in the building.

Does anyone here have any experience with Canadian tenancy laws? At this point I want to evict the tenant and the psycho chick along with him. I’m not sure whether she’s a danger but she is a loon and tried to get into my place when the tenant was first out of jail and was hammering on the windows creating a disturbance.

[quote]Court wrote:
pushmepullme wrote:
Court wrote:
Ruggerlife wrote:
ouroboro_s wrote:
Ruggerlife wrote:
ouroboro_s wrote:

Can you link the list? I’d love to see who else will be competing.

http://www.niagarapowerlifting.org/2009_belle_river_three_lift.htm

Thanks RL. I’ll link it to Bunny.

I don’t think Pete M. will be there. I heard he hurt his elbow.

Court already did.

Ya know, I’m going out on a limb and I’m going to predict that I place in the top 3 in my weight class…unless one of the 67.5 guys misses the weight cut-off.

That’s nothing.

I’m winning.

Only cuz I’m not there.

Maybe.

:frowning:

Haha if you were there and we were close, my handlers would play games so that it was up to me to beat you or not. I’ve seen them do this with some of the guys. It’s pretty intense and interesting.

Either that or I’d just feed you cupcakes before you weighed in so you didn’t make 75 ;)[/quote]

You two stay in your own DAMN WEIGHT CLASSES – step away from the cupcakes and get on the damn treadmills! :wink:

OB_s Great work!

all your squat volume is paying great dividends.

Nice pressing too. I can’t wait for your next meet either,
and you know I am the meat puppet you love to hate.

As for vader, I think he is a swell guy, but I dont need to peep his forces enmeshed in a thong.
but his approach in his log is interesting.

kmc

This is the video of last night back in wraps

I think I need to move the pins down. By the third rep, the bar had rolled a bit down my back and it was all I could do, to re-rack it up on my tippy toes.

Looking really well- the 205 looked great 215, looked good too-
only a little bit of forward lean.
nice work.

we are about the same height- but Ithink your legs are longer I set the pins lower then Id like but they only
have 3" spacing -
kmc

[quote]ouroboro_s wrote:

I think I need to move the pins down. By the third rep, the bar had rolled a bit down my back and it was all I could do, to re-rack it up on my tippy toes.[/quote]

If you are even remotely comfortable unracking from the lower pins, kudos to you. I’ve tried it and can’t even do it with just the bar. I find the squat racks (as opposed to the power rack) have the pins just slightly lower…enough to make up for the sliding.

In my non-expert opinion, these look much better with the wraps. If I had to guess I’d say you’re weak out of the hole so the wraps give you the pop you need out of the hole so you don’t raise your hips so fast. The suit will help with that too when you get back into your gear.

Like I said, just my non-professional opinion :slight_smile:

[quote]Court wrote:
ouroboro_s wrote:

I think I need to move the pins down. By the third rep, the bar had rolled a bit down my back and it was all I could do, to re-rack it up on my tippy toes.

If you are even remotely comfortable unracking from the lower pins, kudos to you. I’ve tried it and can’t even do it with just the bar. I find the squat racks (as opposed to the power rack) have the pins just slightly lower…enough to make up for the sliding.

In my non-expert opinion, these look much better with the wraps. If I had to guess I’d say you’re weak out of the hole so the wraps give you the pop you need out of the hole so you don’t raise your hips so fast. The suit will help with that too when you get back into your gear.

Like I said, just my non-professional opinion :)[/quote]

I’m glad you’re not a professional because I don’t have the cash to pay any one.

I agree about weak out of the hole(ish) I think that’s where most people get stuck. I noticed a big difference. Part of it is the security of the wraps and just feeling comfortable sitting back into it more. The other thing is my most recent form change of going much wider with my toes farther out. You can see it on the drop set with no wraps. I will say I feel it in entirely different parts of my body.

I’m sticking with wraps only this week and putting the suit on next week.

I had to do this and may push for a 225 triple because of our chiro bragging on that chick who tripled 220 at 60kg in wraps and belt. Good thing I’m not competitive or anything. Maybe I’ll email him a link :slight_smile:

Those squats looked AWESOME!!

[quote]ouroboro_s wrote:
Court wrote:
ouroboro_s wrote:

I’m glad you’re not a professional because I don’t have the cash to pay any one.

I agree about weak out of the hole(ish) I think that’s where most people get stuck. I noticed a big difference. Part of it is the security of the wraps and just feeling comfortable sitting back into it more. The other thing is my most recent form change of going much wider with my toes farther out. You can see it on the drop set with no wraps. I will say I feel it in entirely different parts of my body.

I had to do this and may push for a 225 triple because of our chiro bragging on that chick who tripled 220 at 60kg in wraps and belt. Good thing I’m not competitive or anything. Maybe I’ll email him a link :)[/quote]

Whatever. She’s competing this weekend. We’ll see how good she really is :slight_smile:

Maybe he’ll start bragging about me again. He had a look of shock/impressedness when I told him I was opening at 297.

[quote]Court wrote:
ouroboro_s wrote:
Court wrote:
ouroboro_s wrote:

I had to do this and may push for a 225 triple because of our chiro bragging on that chick who tripled 220 at 60kg in wraps and belt. Good thing I’m not competitive or anything. Maybe I’ll email him a link :slight_smile:

Whatever. She’s competing this weekend. We’ll see how good she really is :slight_smile:

Maybe he’ll start bragging about me again. He had a look of shock/impressedness when I told him I was opening at 297.[/quote]

He’s already been bragging about you. Oh. Wait. You didn’t mean about your fellatio skills. My mistake. haha

He means well. He was commenting again on how muscular I looked on Tuesday and he was doing this weird thing looking down the back of my shirt.

You know what? She will probably do just fine. I still win though :slight_smile:

Court and O, you guys are shitting me about really caring what that dickhead says about your collective lifting skillz vs. another girl who can double 225? I say good for her, another strong Canadian PLer. As for Mr.ChiroDick, why don’t ya’ll ask what HE can squat?