Stopped Taking HCG - Feel Terrible

As an update, my ability to get erections has returned at this point. However it’s different. I still don’t have much “desire” to have sex at all. It works good once my wife jumps on board, but I don’t crave it or think about it. Also when I orgasm, it’s hard to explain but it sort of “hurts”. Almost like that pain you would get when you had to pee and it would burn and hurt? Hard to explain but it’s not comfortable. Maybe that’s something that would go away if I kept at this for even longer but alas.

I had my appointment today with the Doc and we discussed it all and I told them I want to go back on HCG as I felt I was feeling much better on it. I did explain I feel much better mentally right now, but I have lost my sex drive and sensitivity. They were cool about it and told me to send them the information for Empower Pharmacy and they would send the script. They are looking for a new pharmacy to get it from anyway so they are going to research that aspect at the same time.

So next week I will return to my old regiment that worked for years and then the Doc and I agreed I can on my own start to raise the testosterone to see if I can get the mental clarity levels I have now with the sex drive. I haven’t had to really study my numbers for years so this could get interesting lol. Let’s see if now that I have been on Testosterone only, if I feel any negative things I never noticed originally since I have been on HCG since day 1 of TRT.

how your protocol and bloodwork looked like before you’ve stopped hCG?

I feel better on HCG. Added that last summer and It’s made a noticeable difference in overall well-being. Not sure if that’s in my head or not. But is cheap enough that I just continue with it.

At 6 weeks out simply take a little more. I have 11000iu and I just take it more often or increase dose by 20%. I noticed the same decrease in potency .

Here’s my bloods on HCG.

1 Like

I specifically asked this question to a pharmacist and they told me that the 30 days is really there for reasons of sanitation. The first concern is bacteria within the contents after that and so the guidelines are set for 30 days shelf life. I pushed them and said ok, so basically the HCG itself is still in tact, it’s just sanitary reasons to stop at 30 days. They said yes. I said ok, so then basically I can keep taking it after 30 days but it’s at my own risk type thing. They said yes.

I asked does it lose it’s potency and they said yes it does, a little at a time every day.

This seems to fit my feelings on it as well because I can absolutely tell the difference between a shot on day 1 of a new bottle, and 5-6 weeks on an already been used bottle. The way I wake up from the day 1 shot feels much better although I haven’t ever tried to increase the dosage nearing the end of the bottle after day 30.

what was your regimen for Test, hCG, AI (?)

1. .30mg every other day (EOD) Cypionate.
  2. 700mg per week HCG. They told me 350 x 2 times weekly. I instead did 200mg EOD. This let me take the shots at the same day and time as my Cypionate.
  3. No AI.

I just got a new vial last week and the day after my injection caused me to have stupid libido. HCG definitely causes me to have way more libiod the fresher the dose.

The last vial I had was 2 months old and at the end I was taking 25% more per injection, but it felt nothing like the fresh dose I took recently.

I dont know about the bacteria. We would hear of many issues with HCG contamination across this board and others if that was true, because plenty of men hold onto their hcg doses for long periods. Esepcially when you get large doses.

Pharmacists dont know much about hormones anyways… My sister in law is a pharmacist and she said she doesnt believe amour thyroid is a good choice because its not FDA aproved or something. She also said cypionate should be taken every two weeks, and would not listen to reason haha. I even showed her the half life and she still wont budge because the stupid Fking instructions from the cypionate producer says every two weeks.

Ive met many other pharmacists in my day that dont know any better.

1 Like

It’s all they’ve been taught… and it’s insane

2 Likes

You feel better now? :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I do thanks! My dull ball ache is gone, my mood and focus is better to. I am definitely one of those individuals who feels better on HCG.

I do notice that my HCT is higher on HCG. It was lower last testing without it. I don’t know why I had never looked that up prior but it seems that one absolute side effect of HCG is it will also raise your HCT levels. This might explain why I have higher HCT than the people who are just on Testosterone alone.

1 Like

Drink plenty of water to lower HCT.

Yup I give that advice to everyone. I drink plenty of water. I gave my formula up above in my previous posts.

1 Like

Me, too. I just bump up the dose of the HCG to compensate

How much do you typically increase it?

About 10% after 6 weeks, 20% after 8 weeks. I have no factual basis for selecting those adjustments.

I get mine through CVS Specialty, with a discount “insurance” plan they offer. I pay $125 for 10,000 iu, which at 250 iu EOD, lasts me almost three months.

Is taking HCG once/week ok?