Spartacus: Vengance

[quote]Stern wrote:

[quote]roguevampire wrote:
I think crixus is acting different cause hes a bit obsessed with finding his girl. thats his only thought and desire. He cares about nothing else. I don’t blame him. It was sad to see him die. I was pissed they killed him off. he was damm good in his role. especially in the latest episode.[/quote]

How do you know he’s dead?

Last I seen he was getting knocked out with a sword pommel.[/quote]

NO, asher killed him at the end.

I may have spoken to soon. I went on the website, and it appears that Crixus didn’t die. Great. Im glad for that.

Yeah, Crixus isn’t dead, they are going to rescue him somehow. Crixus is a major player in the true life story of Spartacus, he will be there until the end.

[quote]Stern wrote:

I think crixus is acting different cause hes a bit obsessed with finding his girl. thats his only thought and desire. He cares about nothing else. I don’t blame him. It was sad to see him die. I was pissed they killed him off. he was damm good in his role. especially in the latest episode.[/quote]

How do you know he’s dead?

Last I seen he was getting knocked out with a sword pommel.[/quote]

NO, asher killed him at the end. [/quote]

sigh

[quote]overstand wrote:
Yeah, Crixus isn’t dead, they are going to rescue him somehow. Crixus is a major player in the true life story of Spartacus, he will be there until the end. [/quote]

Ashur is clever. He’s the fox of the program and he knows without Spartacus to hand, killing Crixus would have sealed his ass with mighty cock. They need Crixus alive to try to learn more about Spartacus’ plan.

Just watching episode 3…

I really wanted to like this show but I’m just so full of disappoint at this stage.

Glaber was great for what he was in B&S. An ancillary bad guy. He wasn’t strong enough to be a primary villain and this is showing in Vengeance. It’s a bit like watching an impatient child that inherited some power rather than an established military commander.

The new Spartacus just doesn’t cut it. No chemistry with the characters and yes, he looks like a stiff wind might get the better of him.

Crixus just started crying. That may just be the final nail in the coffin, I think I’m done with this show…

He is not dead, trust me. They will have captured him and he will be close to Lucritia.

[quote]Jereth127 wrote:
Just watching episode 3…

I really wanted to like this show but I’m just so full of disappoint at this stage.

Glaber was great for what he was in B&S. An ancillary bad guy. He wasn’t strong enough to be a primary villain and this is showing in Vengeance. It’s a bit watching an impatient child that inherited some power rather than an established military character.

The new Spartacus just doesn’t cut it. No chemistry with the characters and yes, he looks like a stiff wind might get the better of him.

Crixus just started crying. That may just be the final nail in the coffin, I think I’m done with this show…[/quote]

I saw the 4th episode (got a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy) and you might feel a bit different after seeing it. Give it a few more weeks.

wow, i never knew that spartacus was a real story. Just thought it was a made up story.

After doing some research, it is said, that spartacus, crixus and another guy, built up their slave rebellion to about 70,000. thats unreal. It took alot to finally take down spartacus, what battles they had.

[quote]Jereth127 wrote:
Just watching episode 3…

Glaber was great for what he was in B&S. An ancillary bad guy. He wasn’t strong enough to be a primary villain and this is showing in Vengeance. It’s a bit watching an impatient child that inherited some power rather than an established military character.

Crixus just started crying. That may just be the final nail in the coffin, I think I’m done with this show…[/quote]

Crixus has always been a very cold merciless character, till he met that woman. When you lose someone you love more than anything, it tends to push your emotional buttons. Remember spartacus in the first few episoses of the 1st season. he was a wreck. Crixus is more emotional than sparticus, hes more violent as well. Which is why hes my favorite character.

[quote]Jereth127 wrote:
Just watching episode 3…

Glaber was great for what he was in B&S. An ancillary bad guy. He wasn’t strong enough to be a primary villain and this is showing in Vengeance. It’s a bit like watching an impatient child that inherited some power rather than an established military commander.

Even the toughest motherfucker alive can get brought to his knees by a skirt. Happens all the time.

Still love this show. The new guy doesn’t quite pull off the brooding intensity like Andy Whitfield did but he’ll do. Plus everytime they pull a close up of his face all I see is JWP.

Lucretia is no doubt planning something horrible and dastardly for Ilithyia. It’s going to be awesome.

I find it hard to believe that the Romans are dumb enough to give Crixus and Oenamaeus a chance to fight for their lives in the arena. They are two of the baddest gladiators alive, so yes, let’s give them swords and let them kill a bunch of dudes. Stupid.

The way they tortured the one guy was just brutal. Hard to watch.

I couldn’t be bothered with the new season, watched the first episode and was meh. The new Spartacus dude is a pussy compared to the last guy and I can’t stand Lucretica and that Ilythia bitch lol. Bring on Game of Thrones!

Watched the first two episodes… not a fan so far. I’ll keep watching but I’m not really excited for any more episodes.

Last episode was fuckingtastic.

Yeah, the season started slow, so what, the first did so, too.
It sucks having lost Andy but the new guy is slowly getting the hang of it.

Can’t wait to get this on a bluray.

[quote]Schwarzfahrer wrote:
Last episode was fuckingtastic.

Yeah, the season started slow, so what, the first did so, too.
It sucks having lost Andy but the new guy is slowly getting the hang of it.

Can’t wait to get this on a bluray.[/quote]

Yeah, Liam is definitely getting better. The first couple of episode, he seemed to only know two facial expressions: confused and happy. He is not likely to ever be as good at the role as Andy Whitfield, but that is okay, Andy was just simply perfect for the role. After the last couple of episodes, I am now convinced the show still has a future. I can’t wait to see what Glaber’s next move is, as well as how Gannicus is going to fit in with the gladiator’s. Oh, and for fans of Andy Whitfield, check out the movie Gabriel. It was his only full length movie, I think, and was really good.

“Libertus” was awesome. Spartacus and his men are officially terrorists now. They must have killed a thousand Roman commoners with that fire.

It’s weird how I’m rooting for Glaber and at the same time rooting for Spartacus to kill him.

I don’t know if McIntyre is really improving in the role or if I’m simply getting more used to him. Either way, Whitfield is still missed.

Ilithyia’s tears make me smile.

Why are you rooting for Glaber again? (Terrific actor, by the way.)

[quote]Schwarzfahrer wrote:
Why are you rooting for Glaber again? (Terrific actor, by the way.)[/quote]

Because I hate Ilithyia, her dead father, and Varinius more than him. Ilithyia especially. She has no redeeming quality other than her tits.

EDIT: Just realized he was one of the elves from LOTR.