Spartacus: Vengance

First episode has just been shown over here. Pretty good overall but nothing mindblowing(however I said the exact same thing about the first few episodes of B&S)

Spoiler
Aurelia has to be the most annoying character of all time, I’m truly fucking delighted that she’s dead. I also thought that the chemistry between the new Spartacus and Crixus on screen was pretty poor but I suppose it’ll take a bit of time to develop

[quote]Stern wrote:
Good episode and start to the season. It did take me a wee while to get into it mind you, so many names thrown around that I couldn’t remember and so many new faces. But by the end I was well hyped!
[/quote]

Same here. Took awhile to get used to all the names and faces, but eventually things started coming back to me.

It may a take a few more episodes for me to get used to the new Spartacus.

[quote]AquaCruzer wrote:

[quote]Stern wrote:
Good episode and start to the season. It did take me a wee while to get into it mind you, so many names thrown around that I couldn’t remember and so many new faces. But by the end I was well hyped!
[/quote]

Same here. Took awhile to get used to all the names and faces, but eventually things started coming back to me.

It may a take a few more episodes for me to get used to the new Spartacus.[/quote]

Aye. He doesn’t have Andy’s steely eyes that’s for sure. But we’ll see what he’s made of soon enough. Spartacus and Co got hard times ahead I’m sure. Harder than anything they faced at the ludus. =P

First episode was good. A lot more happened than I had anticipated.

Does anyone else think that Lucretia is faking her amnesia? I think she’s playing dumb and waiting for the right time to betray Ilithyia. She betrayed herself when she saw Crixus and Spartacus during Glaber’s speech. She remembers everything, including Licinia’s death. She is still the most dangerous character on the show.

[quote]Steel Nation wrote:
First episode was good. A lot more happened than I had anticipated.

Does anyone else think that Lucretia is faking her amnesia? I think she’s playing dumb and waiting for the right time to betray Ilithyia. She betrayed herself when she saw Crixus and Spartacus during Glaber’s speech. She remembers everything, including Licinia’s death. She is still the most dangerous character on the show.[/quote]

You know what. I spent so much time admiring her teets and cheering the fact she was still in it that I never even considered that.

Does anyone else think that Lucretia is faking her amnesia? I think she’s playing dumb and waiting for the right time to betray Ilithyia.[/quote]

Yes. I thought this within just a few minutes of her reappearance. Acting crazy and forgetful to bide her time.

I’m super bummed that the Dish Network “free Starz for a year” promo runs out in February and Netflix and Starz parted ways. I really don’t want to pay for Starz, but I don’t really know of any other way I can watch the show (legally, of course).

Good first episode! Thanks for the link, somehow I completely forgot the new season started airing again. And yeah that does suck about Netflix not being able to show it anymore, looks like I’ll have to stream it online somewhere. But I agree with everything said about Lucretia and even the new Spartacus, Its definitely going to take a while to get used to this guy. Doesn’t quite feel the same yet.

[quote]CC wrote:

Does anyone else think that Lucretia is faking her amnesia? I think she’s playing dumb and waiting for the right time to betray Ilithyia.[/quote]

Yes. I thought this within just a few minutes of her reappearance. Acting crazy and forgetful to bide her time.[/quote]

She’s acting like someone that’s suffered severe mental trauma.
She probably is going to slowly remember what happened, remember what she did when she saw Spartacus in the crowd? She’s absolutely terrified of him, but can’t quite remember why.

[quote]50_Caliber wrote:

[quote]CC wrote:

Yes. I thought this within just a few minutes of her reappearance. Acting crazy and forgetful to bide her time.[/quote]

She probably is going to slowly remember what happened, remember what she did when she saw Spartacus in the crowd? She’s absolutely terrified of him, but can’t quite remember why.
[/quote]

I get that she was traumatized, but I think she’s exaggerating the extent of her memory loss. If she’s not faking it now, as soon as she remembers everything I have no doubt that she’ll keep up the appearance that she is still in the dark.

What are the chances that Ilithyia is carrying Spartacus’ child and not Glaber’s? I’m not sure of the time frame, but it could be possible.

[quote]50_Caliber wrote:

[quote]CC wrote:

[/quote]

I get that she was traumatized, but I think she’s exaggerating the extent of her memory loss. If she’s not faking it now, as soon as she remembers everything I have no doubt that she’ll keep up the appearance that she is still in the dark.

What are the chances that Ilithyia is carrying Spartacus’ child and not Glaber’s? I’m not sure of the time frame, but it could be possible.[/quote]

Man she’d freak! I hope it gets better, im not digging the new guy yet.

[quote]50_Caliber wrote:

[quote]CC wrote:

[/quote]

A fair point. However, I’m not truly convinced that she didn’t recognize him. It seemed (to me, anyway; it’s obviously all a matter of perception at this point) that after the first glance she got of him she had kind of an “is it/is it not him?” look, then by the time she saw him moving through the crowd and fully revealing himself it was too late to say anything because the fight broke out.

I’d have to watch the episode again to be sure, because the whole scene was kind of a shitshow (I definitely didn’t expect him to just haul off in the middle of the crowd like that). I think my timing and remembrance of the events are correct. Perhaps I’m off.

Either way, I think the bottom line here is that we all know she’s eventually going to “get her memory back,” faked or otherwise, and start picking her enemies off one-by-one.

And for what it’s worth, I really like Liam. I miss Andy a lot, but I really respect Liam for embracing the role the way he has. He knew he had huge shoes to fill, and the cast and crew really dig him. If you watch the 15-minute special that aired just a few days before the first episode, you might feel differently about him if you’re not totally sold on him yet.

My favorite character has always been Crixus(spelling) hes just a brutal character.

[quote]roguevampire wrote:
My favorite character has always been Crixus(spelling) hes just a brutal character. [/quote]

Crixus was awesome on B&S but seemed kinda meek in episode 1 of Vengance. Only time will tell I suppose but he seemed different to me

[quote]Jereth127 wrote:

My favorite character has always been Crixus(spelling) hes just a brutal character. [/quote]

Crixus was awesome on B&S but seemed kinda meek in episode 1 of Vengance. Only time will tell I suppose but he seemed different to me[/quote]
Yeah maybe he was close to Whitfield. There was like no chemistry between the new Spartacus and the other characters. I’m also surprised he’s still sleeping with that new girl. I thought he just slept with her once so she’d kill that guard and help everyone escape. Hopefully, it gets better.

[quote]Grimlorn wrote:

[quote]Jereth127 wrote:

Crixus was awesome on B&S but seemed kinda meek in episode 1 of Vengance. Only time will tell I suppose but he seemed different to me[/quote]
Yeah maybe he was close to Whitfield. There was like no chemistry between the new Spartacus and the other characters. I’m also surprised he’s still sleeping with that new girl. I thought he just slept with her once so she’d kill that guard and help everyone escape. Hopefully, it gets better.[/quote]

After you got a taste of that fine ass you wouldn’t want to give it up either, and Mira is hardly new.

Ashur and Lucretia are a match made in heaven. They are the only two “bad guys” that I like. The rest of them are just awful (meaning I’d love to see them all die horribly).

Ilithyia is the worst.

I’m still not 100% sold on the new Spartacus. He’s too small and weak looking. I realize Andy Whitworth wasn’t a mass monster, but he at least he was taller. McIntyre looks like a child next to some of the other gladiators. He’s the same size as Mira.

I think crixus is acting different cause hes a bit obsessed with finding his girl. thats his only thought and desire. He cares about nothing else. I don’t blame him. It was sad to see him die. I was pissed they killed him off. he was damm good in his role. especially in the latest episode.

I think crixus is acting different cause hes a bit obsessed with finding his girl. thats his only thought and desire. He cares about nothing else. I don’t blame him. It was sad to see him die. I was pissed they killed him off. he was damm good in his role. especially in the latest episode.[/quote]

How do you know he’s dead?

Last I seen he was getting knocked out with a sword pommel.

Ashur and Lucretia are a match made in heaven. They are the only two “bad guys” that I like. The rest of them are just awful (meaning I’d love to see them all die horribly).

Ilithyia is the worst.

I’m still not 100% sold on the new Spartacus. He’s too small and weak looking. I realize Andy Whitworth wasn’t a mass monster, but he at least he was taller. McIntyre looks like a child next to some of the other gladiators. He’s the same size as Mira.

[/quote]

completely agree. Andy may not have looked like a bodybuilder but he definitely looked like an athlete, which is what a gladiator is. It definitely takes away from the beleivability when someone that looks like hes never played a sport before is kicking ass.