Sleep Deprived? Raise Your Hand

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:

Get some earplugs. It has been shown that subliminal (or liminal) noise will raise BP by up to 15 points systolic, 8 points diastolic at night.

I would say get a white noise source (I use a water feature), but it sounds like your external noise levels are too high for that.

BBB[/quote]

The noise is ridiculous, the landlord doesn’t care about my complaints, which is why I’m moving out. I totally agree with the BP, but I would also add heart rate to the list. I seem to be developing anxiety from it and sometimes a loud footstep will literally rip me out of dead sleep with my heart beating well over 200bpm. I wake up and jump like 10 feet out of bed ready to kill someone because my first thought is someone is in my apartment. The wife almost shits a brick every time. I then go to the living room to wind down a bit, and just end up playing call of duty online until I fall asleep again in like 20 minutes.

/raises hand

Mine is related to children though… One kid wakes up around midnight, the other around 2am…

ughhhh…

Big_Boss wrote:
bushidobadboy wrote:
Ciproheptadine, glycine, phosphadetyl serine + B complex vitamins.

BBB

I’ve tried the phospadetyl serine,B-Complex,and valerian root before. Never knew glycine helped with sleep…will look into that. Ciproheptadine??..same as Cyproheptadine,right? Isn’t that used by vets?

Well glycine (like the B vits) ‘soothes’ the CNS, reducing cortisol etc.

Cyproheptadine is an anti-histamine with off-label use as a sleep aid for humans. It promotes faster entry to REM sleep, however running it for longer than 5 days continuously has been shown to reduce GH. This might actually be due to promotion of GH release during REM sleep, resulting in greater IGF1 levels, causing negative feedback.

Anyway, I only use cypro for about 4 nights per week.

BBB[/quote]

How much cypro a night? 4mg?

Big_Boss wrote:
bushidobadboy wrote:
Ciproheptadine, glycine, phosphadetyl serine + B complex vitamins.

BBB

I’ve tried the phospadetyl serine,B-Complex,and valerian root before. Never knew glycine helped with sleep…will look into that. Ciproheptadine??..same as Cyproheptadine,right? Isn’t that used by vets?

Well glycine (like the B vits) ‘soothes’ the CNS, reducing cortisol etc.

Cyproheptadine is an anti-histamine with off-label use as a sleep aid for humans. It promotes faster entry to REM sleep, however running it for longer than 5 days continuously has been shown to reduce GH. This might actually be due to promotion of GH release during REM sleep, resulting in greater IGF1 levels, causing negative feedback.

Anyway, I only use cypro for about 4 nights per week.

BBB[/quote]

I will definitely look into that…thanks,BBB.

I have your problem too. I need the pitch black room and constant fan also. The thing you left out is earplugs. I have to use earplugs or i don’t sleep. With the fan running and the earplugs in, it’ll block any unusual noises that normally wake ur ass up. And I mean quality earplugs, not those cheap foam shits that bikers use.

Nothing works as well to restore sleep better than boosting growth hormone levels.

Its the reason adults start to suffer sleep deprivation.

Its the reason teenagers sleep 10 hour uninterrupted.

You’ll never sleep well until you boost your GH levels.

Supplements work well as a temp fix.

I study in a junior college in singapore. Life is hectic for us as there is so much to cover in so little time, and it has affected my sleep somehow. Wished I could have a solid 8 hours of sleep every night.

Try eating basil leaves before bed, or buy dry basil leaf flakes and put some in soup, on a buttered bagel, or on a piece of pizza close to bedtime.

Or try the supp Holy Basil.

Meditation.
It takes a bit of time to became proficient enough for it to help, but it will add benefits to your life in many areas. My sleeping problems were reflected in my poor undergrad grades, 50%'s and C’s in 1st and 2nd year, moved up to an A- average in my final undergrad years.

Maybe try something non-stimulating, like reading the dictionary before sleep.

no one goes with Z-12?

I personally sleep fine, though it can take about 20 mins for me to fall asleep because my mind is busy thinking