Shooting On Fort Hood

Holy fucking shit! Some fucking soldiers just went on a shooting spree on base! 7 dead…12 wounded. Wife just texted me to let me know…damn. One guy is in custody…second and possibly third on the loose. Damn.

The story.

The story I read said they have not yet confirmed if the shooters were soldiers or civilians.

Yeah,I was going by what my wife texted me. School she teaches is on lockdown. There are so many contract civilian workers on base…and it is not far fetched for them to get military uniforms. I know it’s going to be a minute before they piece of all of this together and give us some more facts as to “who” and “why.”

“At this point all those involved are believed to be military personnel, ABC reports. It says there are conflicting reports about whether there is a third shooter.”

Whoa!

Well they have at least confirmed that they were in uniform. One is in custody…other shooter is holed up in a building.

They are speculating that the shooting started from three directions as if they were trying to corner people.

Still so much unknown at this point.

Scary shit.

9 confirmed dead as of now.

My son was just leaving base on Hood when he heard a shot. He thought it was just rifles on the range. He’s off base now and there is a lockdown. He’s been to South Korea and Iraq without incident and we were so glad to have him “safely” back home last Spring.

I feel very sorry for the victims and their families. This is tragic beyond belief.

Looks like they were soldiers.

12 people confirmed dead…and it has been confirmed that these shooters were in fact U.S. soldiers.

This is really sad shit.

This is aweful. One of my co-workers, ex-Marine, just came in and told me about it. I can not believe these soldiers did this.

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
This is really sad shit.[/quote]

Agree.

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:
12 people confirmed dead…and it has been confirmed that these shooters were in fact U.S. soldiers. [/quote]

Given the “quality” of your typical Soldier, they would have been my first guess.

[quote]Bagger wrote:
My son was just leaving base on Hood when he heard a shot. He thought it was just rifles on the range. He’s off base now and there is a lockdown. He’s been to South Korea and Iraq without incident and we were so glad to have him “safely” back home last Spring.

I feel very sorry for the victims and their families. This is tragic beyond belief.[/quote]

Glad your son wasn’t caught up in that. I’m still waiting to hear from some of my friends.

[quote]Dustin wrote:
Big_Boss wrote:
12 people confirmed dead…and it has been confirmed that these shooters were in fact U.S. soldiers.

Given the “quality” of your typical Soldier, they would have been my first guess.[/quote]

You might want to clarify that statement a little… The first thing I interpreted that as is that “typical” soldiers are mentally unstable, and the second thing I interpreted it as is that a “typical” soldier is good at shooting people who aren’t expecting it.

Either way isn’t going to exactly endear you to the military folk around here.

One was a fucking MAJOR…wow. It’s been confirmed here…but I’m still trying to find out for sure.

This is really sad. My prayers are with all of the ones involved, innocent and guilty alike.