Sex Cult of Bodybuilding?

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Stuey wrote:
Xylene wrote:
BigDaddyT wrote:
One of the biggest sins prevalent in a lot of churches is overeating and a lack of care for their bodies. That may be one reason people may lash out at bodybuilders - all that exercise and healthy eating shines a spotlight on their sin.

Their gluttony shines through.

:slight_smile:

Vanity is also a sin.

something to think aboutā€¦

Not really, especially since every single human on the planet is guilty of it. I think itā€™s silly how bodybuilding gets branded as ā€œvainā€ when most of the people throwing the accusation spend way too much time and money on their car, their clothes, their hair and their make-up.

Apparently, driving that really shiny car isnā€™t ā€œvainā€, but God forbid you build big muscular arms. Flashing your educational background or the books youā€™ve read isnā€™t ā€œvainā€ but letā€™s stare at the guy with the really big shoulders.

I donā€™t know what the hell is wrong with people.[/quote]

Of course it is vain to drive a flash car or spend lots of time and money on your hair or clothes, or to flash your ā€œfancy book knowledgeā€ around. It is merely a different way of expressing it.

Just because others are also vain does that make it ok?

Vanity (or Pride as it is also known) is generally considered to be the worst of all the seven deadly sins and the route of the others, this is reflected by the fact that the demon that represents this sin is Lucifer - Satan himself.

Iā€™m not religious at all, but someone did bring up the seven sins.

I actually think a bit of pride or vanity is responsible for a lot of good in this world, without it we would not have advanced so much as a species. Of course Pride/Vanityā€™s opposite number in the virtue corner is humility which is also a very good thing.

All things in balanceā€¦

[quote]Stuey wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Stuey wrote:
Xylene wrote:
BigDaddyT wrote:
One of the biggest sins prevalent in a lot of churches is overeating and a lack of care for their bodies. That may be one reason people may lash out at bodybuilders - all that exercise and healthy eating shines a spotlight on their sin.

Their gluttony shines through.

:slight_smile:

Vanity is also a sin.

something to think aboutā€¦

Not really, especially since every single human on the planet is guilty of it. I think itā€™s silly how bodybuilding gets branded as ā€œvainā€ when most of the people throwing the accusation spend way too much time and money on their car, their clothes, their hair and their make-up.

Apparently, driving that really shiny car isnā€™t ā€œvainā€, but God forbid you build big muscular arms. Flashing your educational background or the books youā€™ve read isnā€™t ā€œvainā€ but letā€™s stare at the guy with the really big shoulders.

I donā€™t know what the hell is wrong with people.

Of course it is vain to drive a flash car or spend lots of time and money on your hair or clothes, or to flash your ā€œfancy book knowledgeā€ around. It is merely a different way of expressing it.

Just because others are also vain does that make it ok?

Vanity (or Pride as it is also known) is generally considered to be the worst of all the seven deadly sins and the route of the others, this is reflected by the fact that the demon that represents this sin is Lucifer - Satan himself.

Iā€™m not religious at all, but someone did bring up the seven sins.

I actually think a bit of pride or vanity is responsible for a lot of good in this world, without it we would not have advanced so much as a species. Of course Pride/Vanityā€™s opposite number in the virtue corner is humility which is also a very good thing.

All things in balanceā€¦[/quote]

I agree that all things need balance. I just get pissed at times that anyone with muscles larger than average is seen as the poster child for ā€œvanityā€. This is often coming from someone who spends more time and money on material things than the bodybuilder spends on supplements or gym fees.

Awesome. I think there should be a bodybuilding cult!!there should be an organisation in every capital around the world. Then we should all meet once a month and indulge in orgies and feasts. instead of beer, we should have protein shake to drink. yummy.

Iā€™ve never been into bodybuilding that much, but if itā€™s a Satanic sex cult sign me up!

[quote]Professor X wrote:
I agree that all things need balance. I just get pissed at times that anyone with muscles larger than average is seen as the poster child for ā€œvanityā€. This is often coming from someone who spends more time and money on material things than the bodybuilder spends on supplements or gym fees.[/quote]

Fair enough. People should get their own house in order before laying judgements on others. I think you are right, people do associate bodybuilding with vanity, often hypocritically. My view is that this stems from jealousy, it takes a lot of hard work and dedication to look like you lift weights, most people do not have this. It is easier to deride someone as vain rather than taking a look at your own lifestyle and making changes.

I chimed in because dismissing others as gluttons is just as hypocritical.

roflcopter and lollerskates
http://members.cox.net/pimpbot9000/roflcopter.htm