Sex Cult of Bodybuilding?

[quote]Cable wrote:
This is just bullshit. I can’t believe I’m part of a cult and nobody has been inviting me to our meetings. What gives?[/quote]

Don’t think we didn’t hear about the time you forgot the punch, everyone’s suppose to bring a snack or refreshment of some sort to all the meetings, you promised the punch, it never came, and right then you were off the list.

[quote]heim wrote:
of course all bodybuilders worship satan, since we develop so much mass it’s impossible for us to “fly” up to heaven, but if we worship satan ahead of time, he’ll gratefully accept us bodybuilders, since it’s so how we’re going to be burning calories like crazy, and we need huge amounts of food to keep us sustained, which he supplies as long as we remain faithful. Duh[/quote]

EXACTLY! Have you seen pictures of satan? He is jacked! I wonder what he does to train the yoke?..

Well, I have read the Bible over 15 times cover-to-cover and have never found a verse that would suggest picking up a dumbell or barbell is a sin. Bodybuilding, just like anything else, can be taken to excess and become a problem. Even reading the Bible, if taken to excess, can become a problem.

One of the biggest sins prevalent in a lot of churches is overeating and a lack of care for their bodies. That may be one reason people may lash out at bodybuilders - all that exercise and healthy eating shines a spotlight on their sin.

I would be willing to bet you can find Satanists, Christians, Buddhists, Jehovah Witnesses, and any other religion represented in the ranks of bodybuilding. Most are probably just decent guys trying to build up their body. For most it is merely a healthy hobby. For a few it is a career. For a miniscule minority it is an obsession. But a cult? Get real!

that was lollerific

hahaha! " the cult of bodybuilding" WTF??

It’s ALL in here. Look no further people.

Yep The Devil is jacked.

[quote]BlaZe wrote:
Yep The Devil is jacked.
[/quote]

Oh no you di-int!

I thought you meant this guy.

[quote]BSims wrote:
Check out the latest…

apparently it’s not 666 but 616.[/quote]

Didn’t read the link, but it’s both. The former is the Greek version and the latter is Hebrew. Unless I have that backwards, it’s been a while…

www.musclemissions.org/members/login.cfm?hpage=forum/openforum.cfm?forum=1

Someone do it!!! PLEASE!!!

Edit: Nevermind. It costs 18$. Fuckers! Who would pay to post about how much they hate something?

Hardcore! Finally I have a reason to respect steroid users. :wink:

[quote]Brant_Drake wrote:
I thought you meant this guy.[/quote]

Seems like a newb body builder, doesn’t work the wheels. Maybe someone from T-Nation could show em a good routine and he’ll cut us all a break?

[quote]BigDaddyT wrote:
One of the biggest sins prevalent in a lot of churches is overeating and a lack of care for their bodies. That may be one reason people may lash out at bodybuilders - all that exercise and healthy eating shines a spotlight on their sin.[/quote]

Their gluttony shines through.

:slight_smile:

http://images.t-nation.com/forum_images/9/e/9e5b8-____c_Satanbell_copy.jpg

[quote]heim wrote:
Brant_Drake wrote:
I thought you meant this guy.

Seems like a newb body builder, doesn’t work the wheels. Maybe someone from T-Nation could show em a good routine and he’ll cut us all a break?[/quote]

Satan curls too much.

[quote]Xylene wrote:
Satan curls too much.[/quote]
And clearly abuses DGH. Look at that distended gut!

[quote]Xylene wrote:
BigDaddyT wrote:
One of the biggest sins prevalent in a lot of churches is overeating and a lack of care for their bodies. That may be one reason people may lash out at bodybuilders - all that exercise and healthy eating shines a spotlight on their sin.

:)[/quote]

Vanity is also a sin.

something to think about…

[quote]Stuey wrote:
Xylene wrote:
BigDaddyT wrote:

Vanity is also a sin.

something to think about…

[/quote]

Not really, especially since every single human on the planet is guilty of it. I think it’s silly how bodybuilding gets branded as “vain” when most of the people throwing the accusation spend way too much time and money on their car, their clothes, their hair and their make-up.

Apparently, driving that really shiny car isn’t “vain”, but God forbid you build big muscular arms. Flashing your educational background or the books you’ve read isn’t “vain” but let’s stare at the guy with the really big shoulders.

I don’t know what the hell is wrong with people.

I want to pump you up!

Wow! What a surprise. Now I must join the religious ranks, rally with the troops and fight against bodybuilding. It’s clearly satanic and must be stomped out. Watch out you evil bodybuilders, we’re gonna bring you down. Why? because we’re scared to death of you.

People do and say the dumbest things about what they fear most and the religious are among the worst offenders. We are known more for what we stand against than what we stand for.

In religious circles, this is largely a western society issue. It stems from a wrongly understood gospel message. It causes a hateful and fearful heart and does nothing to reach the world. It stifles the true mission Jesus Christ has called us to.

Jesus always went toward the evil, toward the sin and toward the broken. We are all broken and sinful, it just shows up in different ways. Yet, Christ still moves toward us.

Until we Christians understand that we have to speak the gospel out of our own need for it, it is powerless in love and instead of reaching the world, it only builds walls. How many times have we been called hypocrites, and rightfully so? I have to tell myself this every day.

Ok Ok Ok, I’ll stop the sermon now. I don’t mean to turn this thread into a religious discussion or philosophical war, it’s just that lately, I’ve been increasingly aware of how much damage some religious groups are doing in the name of Jesus. The original post is a perfect example.

Truthfully, it’s making my blood boil. Now I have to go get all pumped up and maybe shave off some hair or something.